No announcement yet.

Don't dance with DOHC Saturns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy had a Saturn, and it was pretty quick .. . Everyone likes to bash Saturns, but [like any other car] they can be built to perform .. . It sounds like the guy built his Saturn up pretty decently, so to him.

Comment

Yeah I agree, those saturn trannys are smooth as fuck. They shift really clean. I have a friend with a 95 sohc and boy I wish my car shifted that clean. Saturns are creditable cars and really are oddballs in the tuning scene..... I think the category they fall in is like the Mercury Cougars, Colbat SS's and Mazdaspeed Protege's. They can be made fast, but it's not a platform that people give credit too because plain and simple it's not highly supported by magazines or have lots of aftermarket support. However I think just like any car you drive and love...with some $$$ and extensive research, you can make that $13k outshine that $150k car in the other lane.

Out here in the Oakland illegals, me, a few of my friends and lots of other people in the crowd witnessed a black regular ion (non-redline or at least we think..didn't hear a supercharger whine + it didn't have the redline noticeable aerodynamics) beat the shit out of my buddies black 13.2 SRT-4 and a few STI's that were racing there that night. We dont' know what the hell he has...funny thing about the dudes car is that it's stock height... stock everything basically!!! on the outside...but we think he must be pumpin some mad nitrous... Whatever the guy done to his car, it's a real sleeper and he embarassed alot of people there. Maybe those engine blocks love the juice? or maybe he got a regular ION and put a redline engine in it....but whatever he has it's pretty hot! Eck it's 1:33a.m and i'm bored...maybe it's time to find a Saturn forum and see what they are up 2
      Last edited by Kurobei; 05-11-2006, 04:34 AM.
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
        ...maybe it's time to find a Saturn forum and see what they are up 2

haha thats so devious.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
        ----
        02 Pontiac Firebird W68
        92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Some asshole was cutting in and out of lanes and stuff behind me on the way to some highway (teh Meadowbrook for the LI'ers), so I'm like "ahh lemme see if dude's going my way and will bite"...

Man, somehow he got in front of me onto the highway, and I start tailing him, right? Well homeboy starts pulling away, and I never catch up. As soon as we got off the onramp we both gunned it, and I never passed the man. What's worse is, it was a flippin WAGON. I was really hurt. I've beat more powerful cars and cars with similar/better power to weight ratios (SR20 SE-R's, an Alero, countless other Accords), so to be taken by a 120HP Saturn was really heartbreaking. Maybe my car's just not running right but I'm man enough to admit I got PWNED BY A SATURN WAGON

was it a dark green one with the back window tinted?........cause if it was WELL i'm proudly gonna say I DID hahahahaha on the van wick..(for ya'll queens ppl) he cut me off and i got him on the hard right turn when your getting on the van wick from the north conduit.....YEAH i bet him i bet him.....and my car had an extra body and a car seat.....hahahahahaha................so sad yaw...maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy
            R32's are ok but Vr6 is da KING!
            ??????????? r32's pwn a vr6 in power and looks

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              ??????????? r32's pwn a vr6 in power and looks
              R32's 240hp vs the 201hp that the regular VR6 puts out...yeah. Its like the Eclipse GS-T vs the GSX. From the factory the AWD pwns the FWD counterpart, but in the end guess who will win that battle. Also if I remember correctly, they are both 3.2 liter engines. Similar upgrades to each and I think I will like my chances at winning in the regular GTI VR6.

Comment

Nah the regular VR6 is 2.8L, and only makes about 200hp stock. The regular ones are pretty quick, but I think overall the R32s are faster. I remember my friend trailed one to about 155 in his Maxima a while back...even with the AWD drivetrain losses they're still pretty flippin quick.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Nah the regular VR6 is 2.8L, and only makes about 200hp stock. The regular ones are pretty quick, but I think overall the R32s are faster. I remember my friend trailed one to about 155 in his Maxima a while back...even with the AWD drivetrain losses they're still pretty flippin quick.
                  I stand corrected, after a quick google session I learned that the regular GTI's were 2.8 but...they are 201hp (don't deprive them of their 1hp, it still means something) . Thats only a 39hp disadvantage out the gate...very livable.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    If that ever happenned to me, I'd sell that car.
                    x2

Comment

I really don't wanna raise the flag here...perhaps the Golf was of the 8V 2.0L variety dressed in R32 garb? Perhaps, a sheep in wolf's clothing, so to speak?

And yea it just sucked cause it was a WAGON. A FLIPPIN WAGON. But weight pwns. I've been killed by old school Tiburons as well...

Well he smoked me when he hit either 3rd or 4th gear....but for the first couple of gears the Wagon did pretty well.

It's very possible it was the body kit, but knowing that everyone in San Jose is a trillionaire, thats not likely...

Although the Saturn would smoke an 8 valve, I'm not too sure about the 1.8t.

Those Saturns are quicker than meets the eye
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                        Those Saturns are quicker than meets the eye
                        ROFLMAO. Now this is sig material.

Comment

[QUOTE=AcclipseH23]ROFLMAO. Now this is sig material.[/

14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

maybe he was boosting......i had a boosted 94 sc2.......ran high 13's....the twistec kit is pretty nice.....of course, i sold it with 2 gears left in the tranny
                            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

You only have an intake cone, for performance but yet a huge system...and you wonder why you lost? Saturn +1 you 0.

- Zipcreature
                              Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                                lol at dude being surprised that he got beat by a g35....are you boosting..or have a beeefffyyy motor...because..g35s roomp on stock cb7's all day
                                Both my cb7 and my prelude have h22a swaps. I was in my lude which is just a hair slower than my cb7 was. And I didn't get beat by the g35 per say. I started at the bottom of second, around 3500 rpms and had to wait for vtec. Once I was in vtec and got to 4th I actually started to inch back but just after that I had to let off for traffic.

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                                R32's 240hp vs the 201hp that the regular VR6 puts out...yeah. Its like the Eclipse GS-T vs the GSX. From the factory the AWD pwns the FWD counterpart, but in the end guess who will win that battle. Also if I remember correctly, they are both 3.2 liter engines. Similar upgrades to each and I think I will like my chances at winning in the regular GTI VR6.
                                All the awd has on both parts is the launch. After that the gs-t is actually faster than the gsx. Same as the R32 and a 1.8t gti. The R32 has a nasty nasty launch but down the line around 100 the gti will come back.
                                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                                registration is free

Comment

Working...
                                X