Don't dance with DOHC Saturns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    I have a friend here who would beg to differ...

Very hard to argue will hmmn...7 liters and performance. If I had a VW choice, I'd go with the 4v over the 2v any day. And the 4v will make more power than the 2v in the long run. You have to admit, by today's standard thats Fred Flintsone power.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      Very hard to argue will hmmn...7 liters and performance. If I had a VW choice, I'd go with the 4v over the 2v any day. And the 4v will make more power than the 2v in the long run. You have to admit, by today's standard thats Fred Flintsone power.
      I mean obviously if you go by specific horsepower an OHC engine will always outperform an OHV engine...but if you compare the LS7 to say, BMW's V10, it's either about the same size or smaller, and compared to any other 500HP car, be it the Viper or the F430, the Z06 gets the best gas mileage...

I'm an engineer so I love all that high tech VTEC VANOS Valvetronic stuff just cause it's cool...but fuck it, if Fred Flinstone's motor can make the same power as George Jetson's motor, but can be built for a lot less money and tooling and be better on gas, who am I to fault it? In the end it's all about the end result, and the LS7 delivers.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

This thread was epic

If I find that wagon again I'm running dude off the road

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ANd I wondered why a thread from 2006 could come back to life again!

Ever find that wagon?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

SOHC Automatics are slow as fuck, acutally any auto saturn I've been in was gutless.
            wat?

Comment

Drew, have you driven an AT DOHC..?

I have. It hauls more than my piddly f22....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

they have no power after 3rd gear.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

the thing is all the 4cyl cars had 1.9's but some were sohc and some were dohc. the higher up models had a factory header like the h22's and the f22a4's do. my boy dom had one, the car weighed in at a lil over 2400lbs and made on the dyno (no bs #'s) 105whp. he ran a consistent 16.3 1/4 mile. and the car was completely stock. i mean stock stock. not even a open filter. and the car was an auto. and dont forget some of the wagons came with a 3.0 v6 and if im not mistaken they put down around 150whp and about the same amount of torque and still only weighed about 150lbs more.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Glad to see YOU were the one to bring this back, Yaw! I hate when people bring back old threads just to comment, but if it's your own, it's understandable.

Anyway, those DOHC Saturns have a buttload of potential, motor-wise. I saw one that looked bone stock, stock exhaust and everything, run a 14.5 at the track. Put my H22 to shame. My neighbor had one. He said it was a blast... handled great, motor was strong... the only downside was the transmission. He shredded two of them before he chucked it and bought a CRX.

Comment

dont be to ashamed, my buddy had a SL2 with the 1.9l DOHC in it and he could walk on just about everyone in town!

he beat me, a V-6 camaro, V-6 monte carlo, pretty well built neon, and he walked my buddy's GSR teg!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Glad to see YOU were the one to bring this back, Yaw! I hate when people bring back old threads just to comment, but if it's your own, it's understandable.

Anyway, those DOHC Saturns have a buttload of potential, motor-wise. I saw one that looked bone stock, stock exhaust and everything, run a 14.5 at the track. Put my H22 to shame. My neighbor had one. He said it was a blast... handled great, motor was strong... the only downside was the transmission. He shredded two of them before he chucked it and bought a CRX.
                        Also they're kind of ugly

That little wagon really had some get up and go though. I'd be nervous to take him in my car now

Comment

don't mess with the poop stain

my buddy drive's a beater SL2, and showed me this site a while back...
                          http://qksltwo.com/home.html .. crazy 300hp saturn .. nothing to fuq with.
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
                            dont be to ashamed, my buddy had a SL2 with the 1.9l DOHC in it and he could walk on just about everyone in town!

he beat me, a V-6 camaro, V-6 monte carlo, pretty well built neon, and he walked my buddy's GSR teg!
                            he killed a teg? no way.. i call BS. jk jk. i didnt know saturns were that quick. they are mosty plastic too right?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Also they're kind of ugly

That little wagon really had some get up and go though. I'd be nervous to take him in my car now
                              Eh, they have charm, I think. My neighbor painted his that rust orange color (the Dodge orange, found on the SRT-4 and Ram... or close to it.) It was just that on black steelies, and it actually looked pretty badass. The cool thing is that the plastic is colored, not painted... so the "paint" always looks brand new!

If the transmissions weren't made of glass, and the interior materials didn't wear so horribly, I'd consider one. They're great on gas, and they run forever. I don't know much about those motors, or where they came from (is it a GM design, or "borrowed" engineering, as most of their good 4 cylinder engines are), but they're pretty decent little cars.

Comment

there was a gold wagon at the race track today damn it was quik
                                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                                X