F22a1/6 vs Kia Spectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-dawg
    isnt it bad for the car to run synthetic oil, esp. if it has so many kms?
    I switch every other oil change between regular/synthetic. Mind you I started doing so at around 100k and I'm at about 125K now. Runs like a champ
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by juan
      Vans/DOHC saturns/Now kia's?

sublimed...you can't argue against power/weight. I bet the Kia had better gearing. I mean it's still a Kia but eh it gets the job done.

I've lost to a DOHC Saturn and an old, ugly Tiburon...but the only non-H Accord I've lost to was h22sparkle's gutted N/A A1 (yea he ran stock for a while). I dunno what to make of that.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

you can't argue against power/weight.
        That's what I've been saying throughout the thread, I'm surprised that people are shocked that a kia beat a honda. It's not about the make and model, its about the power and the weight. What's there to contest?

If you don't want to get beat by a kia that is equal to you in power and weight, loose weight or gain power. If you're equal in both power and weight you both will tie until one of you messes up.....

I really can't find any loophole in that.

Now if you wanna say that I must not be making enough power, I accept that, I'm not crying about this. I know my weaknesses, I'm not ashamed of them. I'm not embarrassed that a kia beat me Replace kia with the word maserati or whatever makes you feel better, but the fact of the matter remains, and I won't cover it up or hide it.

Contrary to the inflection of this post, I'm not upset about this. I guess its up to everyone else to comfort him or herselves, I'm not making any excuses though. Making excuses for not winning is for ricers and other bitches.

I'm not calling you a bitch aesthetic, hehe, that's not what I'm inferring. I'm just reinstating that I'm comfortable with this tie/half-loss/whatever we will call it.

I prob shouldn't have taken that no-doze earlier, I am realizing that I just typed a shit load for no good reason. GAH I will stop now
        Last edited by accordaffair; 05-24-2006, 02:14 PM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

As far as his HP goes, doesn't it come down like this:
          Stock F22A1- 125 + Exhaust Manifold (Headers) which was the only difference in the A4= 130. 130 + A6 Dual Runners IAB Intake Manifold is worth at least 5 + At LEAST 3 for the Throttle Body and Plenum from the H series + 5-8 for I/E is at least 145.
          His car is an F22A6 with usual mods, minus the reinforced cams which are only worth 3-5HP.
          Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

^^don't forget intake and exhaust, not sure how much the DC header improves over the A4's potential...

I don't know what kind of HP I'm putting down, crank or otherwise...

You can make whatever guesses you'd like.....I'd like to think I'm making about 140...but.....maybe I'm just a douchebag....

Sorry, I just don't have much new to add to the thread....give me some new material to work with!
            Last edited by accordaffair; 05-24-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

its not ALL power/weight. the gearing plays a huge role. I bet you anything that if you had an h23 or h22 tranny, you woulda won.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                its not ALL power/weight. the gearing plays a huge role. I bet you anything that if you had an h23 or h22 tranny, you woulda won.
                Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                I bet the Kia had better gearing

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

lol. my bad, i didnt read any of the other post, just the two before mine, lol. cool.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Stock sohc f22a only makes 130hp. Cant remember exactly how much torque. F20a sohc makes 135hp

accordaffair, i think u could prob beat him by reducing the weight of ya car :P Or u can go on a diet 2 to reduce weight. LoL

Nice race anyway. Ur racing ur car against something more than decade younger.
                    Ex rides:

2 x 92 Accord CB7 manual: F20A
                    JdM 97 Accord Sir-T: H22A
                    99 Mitsi Lancer Evolution 6: 4G63T
                    and a few others not worth mentioning...

Current:

98 Spec Integra Type R 4 door

www.cb7tuner.com, the best place to be

Comment

I, myself, don't have any weight to lose, 6 ft, 150 lbs, but I pulled all the crap out of my trunk. Nearly 50 pounds!

Comment

lol Ive driven the 06 spectra. its quick for a cheap car.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                          Dude our power band drops a whooole lot after 5500-6k rpms. That and you'll jack the tranny up real quick.

Nice that you posted some facts about your/his car. As for not doing as good at high speeds 1:the rio is a tiny car 2: our car aerodynamics rather suck at even highway speeds. Also, his car is newer and lower mileage, so his hp is gonna be closer to factory claim, where as yours may not be as much because of build up in the intake manifold or whatever... I know I've gotten my car running a lot better than when I got it from doing things to clean up the engine internally. I also run synthetic oil every other oil change and man it really does help anyways hopefully a little work and next time will be the last time he wants to run
                          93exaesthetic is an a6 motor it doesnt drop as much as a4's and a1's, but we've already been over this..the higher you rev, the higher in the powerband it will be the next gear...you'll go faster by going to redline..

Comment

my car a 91 lx 5 spd p12 ecu i/h/e/ tb spacer i have a delta 272 regrind cam bisi headers greddy evo exhaust shitty intake exceddy coilovers not installed yet i just had a run with a kia rio he never stood a chance kinda funny so hes stock or (just scared)..................i always gut the trunk area remove rear seats whole nine boiiiiiiiiiii my homies sit on the steel lol i say imma give yalll them hems lol (trying to motivate my friends to get off there lazy ass)
                            Last edited by speedfr3ak; 06-17-2012, 09:13 AM.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Working...
                            X