spanked a sunfire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spanked a sunfire.

Awesome, my first post here since the newcomer rule.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I were just driving around after some taco bell and some black, all black pontiac sunfire weaves around me. I heard they were quick if you had the 2.4 from the caviler in it so I didn't think anything of it. So we come up to a light, after the light it turns into a one lane road. So right away I know what he wants. He revs at me. So I'm just hoping that with the distance I have I could ctach with my torque. So he looks over at me and gives me a thumbs down and laughs. So he sees the other light turning yellow so he pulls up, about 5 feet ahead of me. So I take it up to 2 1/2 as always and just wait for green. Now mind you, he's still 5 feet in front of me. The light turned green and i got the perfect take off(I'd been practicing, hard) Anyway, I pass him up! adn he has it floored, really! Then at 5 1/2 I go to shift.....It wouldn't go into second, it actually kind of threw the shifter back.(what happened? Clutch was totally engaged) I get it into 2nd after he gained on me a little then I shot ahead of him and took 1st. I guess he didn't have the 2.4
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Cool beans..i assume by reading your other post you have a f22a4, correct?

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
    ----
    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

wow.

Comment

Yes sir, Frazz. The good ol' f22a4

Comment

wow good kill I guess. Why are you shifting at 5 1/2?
          I always took my f22a into the red and my f22b out my new 94 accord ex into the red too.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

awesome! yea, just wondering why you shifted at 5 1/2.
            1993 Honda Accord LX
            2006 Yamaha R6
            2004 Acura TSX

Comment

I've heard a lot about f22a4's falling on their face past 5 1/2. I'm not to sure and don't have a long enough strip to find out if i get any power loss so that's why. Are you guys getting any power loss 5 1/2 in 1st?

Comment

Yeah, show that bitch what's up. I don't care for street racing much, but sometimes ya gotta put people in thier place.

And my a1 chokes at 5.5 in every gear but 1st
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

I have yet to see a fast sunfire in person...actually I beat one (driver by himself, me w/ 2 other people in my car) with my stock 90 ex. My a4 never choked up like that around 5.5 . Good kill tho...fucking sunfires.
                  Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

oh man just cause you notice a slight power lose close to redline doesn't mean you cant rev it to fuel cut. I've raced people who shift right at redline and beat them. Then swap cars and then I beat them using there own car vs mine. To keep a motor for a looooong time shift at 5 1/2... But to win races, fuel cut is where you need to be shifting. Just like in the RSX type-S. If you shift at redline you fall out of vtec going into the next gear, but if you shift at fuel cut you stay in vtec.
                    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                    registration is free

Comment

Wait, so past 6 in a half???

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
                        I've heard a lot about f22a4's falling on their face past 5 1/2. I'm not to sure and don't have a long enough strip to find out if i get any power loss so that's why. Are you guys getting any power loss 5 1/2 in 1st?
                        we all lose power at about 5200 rpm..it starts to fall off...
                        nevertheless, you should still run it on up to about 6200...it may fall off, but it still makes more power and will accelerate faster than bogging it in the next gear by shifting early

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                          oh man just cause you notice a slight power lose close to redline doesn't mean you cant rev it to fuel cut. I've raced people who shift right at redline and beat them. Then swap cars and then I beat them using there own car vs mine. To keep a motor for a looooong time shift at 5 1/2... But to win races, fuel cut is where you need to be shifting. Just like in the RSX type-S. If you shift at redline you fall out of vtec going into the next gear, but if you shift at fuel cut you stay in vtec.
                          maybe that's why your last motor blew up, david...

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                            we all lose power at about 5200 rpm..it starts to fall off...
                            nevertheless, you should still run it on up to about 6200...it may fall off, but it still makes more power and will accelerate faster than bogging it in the next gear by shifting early
                            I remember reading somewhere how the F-heads aren't capable of putting in enough air to supply at RPMs past 5500 or sumthin like that.
                            RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Working...
                            X