Killed a civic si on spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlfpck
    can a civic si run 8.6 with spray? i don't think that can happen with out some serious mods right?
    8.6 *1/8th* mile. its definitly possible.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
      ...and don't press your clutch in all the way when you go to shift, don't do it too offten since your clutch might not like it so well.

Perfect way to lead your synchros to an early death.

cha-ching

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        Perfect way to lead your synchros to an early death.

cha-ching
        I only press it in just enough to disengage the clutch, your more likely to fry the clutch.
        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
          I only press it in just enough to disengage the clutch, your more likely to fry the clutch.

WRONG, PLEASE STOP SPEWING MISINFORMATION. The extra wear the clutch may experience when you do this is extremely insignificant compared to the hell you're putting your synchros through. To actually fry the clutch you have to try alot fucking harder than that.

Do you have ANY idea what the fuck is really going on? It is extremely common for the clutch to feel like it is disengaged with the pedal only partially depressed, and be able to shift, but in reality the disc is still touching the pressure plate and flywheel a slight bit and this directly increases the amount of resistance the synchronizers must overcome when you shift. This wears them down much faster than normal.

Not to mention, trying to save time by not snapping your foot forward a few more inches is futile, especially considering the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            WRONG, PLEASE STOP SPEWING MISINFORMATION. The extra wear the clutch may experience when you do this is extremely insignificant compared to the hell you're putting your synchros through. To actually fry the clutch you have to try alot fucking harder than that.

Do you have ANY idea what the fuck is really going on? It is extremely common for the clutch to feel like it is disengaged with the pedal only partially depressed, and be able to shift, but in reality the disc is still touching the pressure plate and flywheel a slight bit and this directly increases the amount of resistance the synchronizers must overcome when you shift. This wears them down much faster than normal.

Not to mention, trying to save time by not snapping your foot forward a few more inches is futile, especially considering the consequences.
            cha-ching

lol listen to the guy as he knows what he is talking about.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

I dont read Cyphers posts anymore

Practice Rayne, and as TypeG said, those times werent too bad. If I had a comparable car to yours you would walk all over me anyways ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                this is why I like you caleb, lol.

anyways, just practice launching in your drive way, or in a street where its not highly populated with cars or people.

learn how to shift. you dont have to be going fast to do this either. just shift really quick between gears. it helps shave about a tenth off your time.
                did this man just talk about launching in his driveway?? ahahah, nice one jose..

Comment

h23 turbo.... yeah your gonna eat him up....

and and who is the slow ass that said they got an f22b turbo..and still loses to hyundai tiburions....they need to take notes from you midniterayne

Comment

good kill !!!!!!!!!!!!
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

my wife sheisanonymous ran a 10.4 at the track in my 91. i ran a 9.2 in the same car. ya'll should race. we need to tape it. aren't you local in dallas? im putting a new block in her car in a couple weeks.
                      I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                      X