Belle Isle street course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belle Isle street course

-Belle Isle is an F1 track in Detroit MI. It was retired in 2001. This is virtually a brand new track that is now a scenic road. The roads are smooth and the track is great!
    -2:00 a.m. last weekend. Me and my friends went to Belle Isle for a little midnight fun.
    CARS: 1992 cb7 ex
    2005 Audi A4, chipped
    2005 VW Jetta GLI

It was my first time to the course so I let my friends lead the way. Audi led the first lap while I was behind the VW. I was on the VW's bumper the whole way around, just watching the Audi dissapear down the track. VW led the second lap with the Audi behind me. Audi passes both of us because he knew the track and the turns ( while I didn't ). So I get the chance to lead the third lap after getting used to the course. I start out ahead and pulling on the Audi and VW on the first strait. The Audi see's that I'm really pushing my car so I see him get closer in my rearview mirror, but he never passes me. And the VW is far behind. Into every corner I pushed my car to the limits. The closest he ever got to my car was roughly 5-10 lengths in the corners, and he was on by back bumper on the straits because he has the top speed. And still the Audi never passed me.

TOP SPEED: 85 in 25 mph

After the race we pulled over in an empty parking lot and all got out. Both friends were completely speechless and so was I. They both made me open my hood, thinking there was an H22 under there, or a turbo, lol. So....yes, our cars can officially contend with GLI and A4 on the track!!!!

The Belle Isle track map was:
    Last edited by coletrain; 04-07-2006, 06:36 PM.

Awesome Man, I wish we had something like that around here! There are no tracks around my way aside from drag strips (of which I have two significant ones... Atco and Englishtown. I've raced at both). Why did they stop using it? That's such a shame!

Comment

I'm not sure why they stoped using it. But it's not really a "track" anymore. It's a park now, but as you race it you can imagine the track, pit lane, and all that good stuff.

Comment

damn, thats fucking sweet! Man, I guess cb7's will make pretty nice track cars huh? I mean, imagine a heavily modified one. Shit, it woulda raped those cars.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

hmmm...I live in Michigan....we should meet up and have some fun
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yeah, where do you live?

I'm pretty busy but if I have time to go driving, we'll drive to Belle Isle.
            I could probably get Chris (HF22T) to go as well.

Comment

got any pics? im picturing some crazy Japanese style touge course hidden in the deep forest

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I'll take some pictures tonight!!!

Comment

Man that is sooo sick *very jelous* get a camera and better yet mount a video camera of some sort... yes our cars handle very nicely and with some chassis stiffening and a better suspension they'd be excellent track cars, two door or four door.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Here's some picture's around 7:30 p.m. The road doesn't look like a track because it's a park now. But you can imagine can't you?

Comment

What about the PoPo...non of them around to stop u from 'joy' riding?

I live in Toronto...would love to drive down there for a joy ride.

nice find

peace
                      DEVOTE

Comment

WOW ... not so good photography but it's all so beautiful it doesn't really matter... *jelous* maybe on the way up to see my grandparents *coughs*track*coughs* I 'might' (ok definatly) will be checking that out.
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

yeah the photos aren't that good. I just showed the track as it is. They're not artsy or anything.lol.

Comment

wow how sad is it that i wasnt told about this thread lol cole you ass

yeah it used to be an f1 course and the cops really dont care ive seen some nearthe city airport watching races basically sactioning them in detroit there are bigger and better things to worry about like when your getting fired. we shoudl hold a meet on bellisle

the build and demise
                            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

chris, lol. iv'e only gone once or twice, lol. If I made it a plan to go out racing some night, i'll give you a call. I'm back in Akron now for the summer. When I'm up there for school again I'll give you a call and we'll go out to the ISLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X