Finally hit the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally hit the track

ok im pretty disappointed because i only got 2 runs and couldnt find a good launch because i couldnt catch first at full throttle i ended up having to half throttle most of the way through first to get a good run.

(this is with full interior, around 100Ibs of tools,jack, and spare tire in the trunk, bad allignment, and 40PSI in the tires)

first run was my normal take off from idle and only half throttling first

R/T ... .562
    60' ... 2.508
    330 ... 6.980
    1/8 ... 10.641
    MPH... 66.48
    1000.. 13.818
    1/4 ... 16.469
    MPH... 85.45

second run i decided to launch from 2500 RPM and full throttling first i ended up sping through first and bogging down in second

R/T ... .551
    60' ... 2.996
    330 ... 8.207
    1/8 ... 12.015
    MPH... 65.49
    1000.. 15.252
    1/4 ... 17.931
    MPH... 84.75

any suggestions on launches let me know i need to find a way to get some traction

f22?? hmm.. i have a h22.. but this is what i do.. rev up to 3000 rpm.. then launch.. wait for tires to grip.. then gradually hit the gas.. then after that.. its all powershifting from there.. i dunno.. this is my first time driving a manual.. so iwouldnt kno the best way to launch yet.. but im still practicing

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

It depends greatly on the tires, too... grippy tires will be able to hold a higher launch RPM. 3000 is a decent place to dump the clutch. Don't go full throttle until you feel the tires grab (should be a split second... but make sure you hook before you punch it). Drop that weight! Hell, pull your passenger seat and back seat (takes 10 minutes). Empty your trunk totally. Run with less than a quarter tank of gas. Drop your tire pressure to about 28psi (if you're running on 17" rims, put your steelies back on).
      Also, power shifting will kill your tranny real quick... A smooth clutch foot, matched with proper accelerator work, will actually transfer the power more reliably and solidly down the line.

Comment

my shifting is great since i did the short throw DIY i just couldnt get a good launch i might try again friday if anyone is interested in rolling im gonna hit some back roads tomorrow night to see if i can work on my launch and reaction time

Comment

at what rpm would be best to dump the clutch? eh.. im still a newb at launching.. haha.. i wanna get my launch good before i head to the track..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

The tires play a big role in it... If you spin off the line at say 3000, drop it to 2500. If you don't spin at 3000, try 3500. Take it to a spin, then back it off. The highest RPM you can launch at while retaining a good hook-up is where you want to be. Don't forget that as the tires heat, they'll grab better too. Make use of that burnout box (no water for treaded tires)!

Comment

I launched my old F22A6 at 3500. On my h22a i launch around 3200-3500.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i personally have my launch control set at 3500... though I launched against a GSX the other night, and I spun halfway through 2nd. Even he realized it! With my drag radials on the track, it should grab fine though.

Comment

There is no "best" launch rpm as it depends on too many variables. When I had my stock f22 the best launch rpm for me was 3500 rpms while slowly slipping the clutch. A few weeks later during a very hot day at the track 3500 rpm drop launches wasn't enough as the car would just bog. On that day I had to rev it to 4500 or more just to keep the car from bogging.
                  Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                  registration is free

Comment

launching a car requires practice just like anything else. i suggest finding an isolated road and practicing your launches. and like has been said before, good tires make all the difference. you have to get a "feel" for what your car is doing off the line. slipping the clutch and feathering the throttle is how you get a good launch on street tires. if you feel it starting to spin, ease off the throttle a wee bit until it hooks, then get on it full throttle. keep in mind this all happens very quickly (within a second or 2).

i don't recommend dropping your tire pressure on street tires because it's extra hard on the sidewalls. that's what drag radials are for.

Comment

Also, make sure your rear mount is good...mine is pooped out, and I can feel it. The clutch feels sloppy and doesn't engage as quickly as it should.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                      X