Autocross.... CB7's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autocross.... CB7's good?

Hey, I just found out that the Sac SCCA is coming to Mather Airport. Thinking about (Novice Class) entering my ride. With my CAI and Exhaust I should skate under the qualifications for Street/Novice.
    Anyone autocross/have any opinions on autocrossing CB7's?
    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
    Hey, I just found out that the Sac SCCA is coming to Mather Airport. Thinking about (Novice Class) entering my ride. With my CAI and Exhaust I should skate under the qualifications for Street/Novice.
    Anyone autocross/have any opinions on autocrossing CB7's?
    CB7's can do pretty well. Not the easiest base to start out with, but the best thing to do is just get out there. Since it is an SCCA event, they will be strict on your mods. if you are bumped up, it shouldnt be too far, but best thing is to get out there, and just run your car as is. save up and dont upgrade unless you have to. Then after a few events, see what can help you out, and search on here, because I have started a few threads on autocrossing.

Comment

if its scca solo 2, ive got the same parts and i was in sts. i did fairly well, i ran pretty good with the 240s and the bmws that were in my class.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

i did autocross in my cb. had a good time. i took it to the track just the way i drive daily. i think for your first try is to take it normal then go from there. i really think that the wheelbase is a big factor. cuz every other car that i saw as a integra/s2k/civic (honda day)and they all have shorter wheelbases. another was a 96 accord and 91 lude. but it can be done with a cb. just do it and let people watch a family car do its work.
        Last edited by oneoffaccord; 03-22-2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Shit you can autoX any car. It's not necessarily about how good your car is, it's about how well you can control your car.

At a few events, I compared my times to the times of some "nicer" cars like STi's and turbo Porches and crap and a lot of time I've gotten better times. Either their suspension was whacked out which slowed them down, they had too big of a turbo setup so they stayed out of boost most of the time, or they just couldn't drive their car. Other times, my times got slaughtered by stock Sentras and other "slow" factory cars. It depends on your setup and how well you can control it. It's always fun though. I've raced my CB7 in many NASA events and always had a blast. Can't wait till this season starts

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Where Do U Find Out About These Events

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Comment

Search your ass off. I find that google is helpful. I'm taking up autox. I have been going to local events and im hooked. I recently meet chaoscb7 at a event two months ago and hes making pretty good time. You will more than likely be in sts. Thats that i'll be and thats what chaoscb7 is in. You like it though but like others have said run the car the way it is now and after a while youll figure out what you need to improve on as a drive and on the car itself. Best of luck to you. Let me know how you do.
              SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

It also depends on the track. On a fairly straight track I have seen a h22a accord rape everything. Including a jdm s2000, jdm civic si, and all that crap, But after so twisties you can expect a accord to keep up with a s2000

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                  It also depends on the track. On a fairly straight track I have seen a h22a accord rape everything. Including a jdm s2000, jdm civic si, and all that crap, But after so twisties you can expect a accord to keep up with a s2000
                  Its usually said that it is 20% car, 80% driver. When I did it, I was within 2 seconds (on a 70 second/mile long course) of the good evo's, subies. I also was on street tires except for one event, while they were on slicks. I usually was able to be better than half (most are veterans, with DEEP pockets, and maybe 1-4 of the cars out there were cheaper than mine, total of 100-125 drivers).

One car that impressed me was a newer sentra spec-v, stock, and the guy was 2 seconds ahead of me. He just knew how to drive from experience. You will keep getting better and better for a year or two, just from learning what to do. After that, then its just more and more seat time.

It is addicting, and will accelerate the wear and tear on your car a bit. Not too much on a stock engine, but h22 + autozone axles + full power out of all turns = worn out axles each event.

Comment

some friends of mine are trying to get me to autox but this is my daily driver so i'm not too sure yet...looks like fun, tho.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                      some friends of mine are trying to get me to autox but this is my daily driver so i'm not too sure yet...looks like fun, tho.
                      Well, you really wont break anything that you wouldnt have broken on the road. In my case, axles just dont want to handle the h22 while they are turned.

Brakes.. they wont do too bad, as long as you are nice to them, mine last 1 event.

Tires...will wear a tiny bit more, but you learn to not spin them and do anything stupid.

Comment

I used maybe a quater of a tank on 5 runs and to get lunch.
                        SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X