This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing a stang

how come i can keep up with a mustang? this foo has one, its green, like 95ish body style...and automatic.

when we raced we were really even, he was floorin it though. i know his is a 4 cyl but common i have a stock accord. how can i keep up with him?

we raced to 60 mph and he ended up being only half a car ahead of me.

shifts when i listened were near identical.

now is this real? whats his power rating? i remember racing one before, but his was fuked up...haha something cracked in the engine.

i can beat cars like 5th gens, or civics, or lancers (everyone can), or rs, gs eclipses. but now a stang...iono.

o and im not bullshitting =). manuals own me though haha
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

4 cyl? Are you sure? I think they are v6's. There were some 4 cyl stangs made in the same body style as the older 5.0's, but as far as I know not in that generation. They make decent power to the engine, but remember it's rear wheel drive so it loses a lot more of it. On top of that they are a crap load heavier. Even the new v6 mustangs run like low 16's stock so I would imagine these would be even slower.

Comment

im not completley sure about the 4cyl thing.

its weird...haha they do weigh alot
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The 95ish Mustangs have a 3.8L V6 with 145 hp and 215 tq.
        I raced like a 2000 body style 3.8L convertible uphill with 2 people in my car and beat him and he was riding by himself, and those have 190hp and 220 tq. The 3.8s stock aren't that fast.

Comment

ya no 4cyl stangs that year!

Comment

thats cuz those mustangs are slow, even when i just had an intake i could beat all of the v6 stangs, camaros, and firebirds around here...even the newer body styles.
            I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

my cousins gotta 8cyl stang,95,and he smokes every vtec out there.those v8's arefast as hell.my friends raced him and hes got a h22 with 35k on it and he got burnt bad like 2.5-3 car lengthes.but thats the 8cyl.

Comment

95 was the last year of the v8 being the 5.0. and its a v8 not an 8 cyl, as an 8 cyl would imply it being a straight 8, and its not, its in the v shape. the last good year for the stangs body style was 93, and in 94 it got ruined. and i dont care much for the 4.6, i mean it has potential, but the 5.0 has more, at least from what ive seen.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

i like the 2005 cobras.

Comment

the 2005 are the first stangs in AWHILE that i think are sweet.....to bad ford makes 'em, i've had way too many problems with that make of car
                    I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by 93akorddse
                      thats cuz those mustangs are slow, even when i just had an intake i could beat all of the v6 stangs, camaros, and firebirds around here...even the newer body styles.
                      sorry but i highly doubt that considering the new v6 camaros and firebirds are in the mid-high 15's.. a 90-93 accord any trim 5spd will not break under 16.5 STOCK.. thats with an awesome driver. most are around 17.0, with an intake you won't gain 2 seconds.. sorry but thats BS
                      HAN - ZiviCase10287
                      Honda-tech - zivicase
                      HMT - draztik
                      d-series - draztik
                      Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

Eh, depends... I know for a fact that a lousy driver in a fast car won't necessarily be fast. 6cyl Mustangs are what, 16.something cars stock? So, with a crappy driver, they could be 17 second cars... And if ztech here is a good driver, then he could beat it. If driving skills were equal, then yeah, there's no contest.

Comment

Yeah mustangs are good an all but i rather be slighly slower and keep a 4cylinder noone ever suspects to beat on an 8 and and keep the gas at a minimum waste. And gas aint gettin no cheaper yaknow.

Comment

Accords will run faster than that stock. My car ran a low 16 stock. There is even a video of a stock accord running a 16.1 on SHO so go check that out then come back once you know what you are talking about.

Comment

What year accord is this? 90-93 stock accords will not hit 16.1 i guarentee that.. never seen one at the track and probably never will.. if this guy so called hit a 16.1 i need a link and proof that it was completely stock and a post of the actual timeslip.

if you ran a low 16 second in a stock 90-93 accord then i need proof. low 16 = 16.0 - 16.3.

also i doubt anyone on this forum besides you mighty accord driver.. ran a low 16 STOCK. if so i need timeslips, sorry i have never even heard of people hitting low 16's in a stock 90-93 accord.

EDIT: copied your mods from your profile:
                              16" Motegi FF6 Gunmetal Rims w/ Sumitomo tires, Clear bumper lenses, Carbon fiber altezzas, Black housing corner lights, CAI, Pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust w/ test pipe, Gude cam, CM aluminum flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Nology ignition

let me guess you think you can hit low 14's now.. with that you'll be lucky to hit mid 15 or will your euros help you out?

also do you have a manual or 5 spd?

PS - its "header"
                              Last edited by DraZtiK; 03-14-2004, 10:41 PM.
                              HAN - ZiviCase10287
                              Honda-tech - zivicase
                              HMT - draztik
                              d-series - draztik
                              Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

Working...
                              X