Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LX vs 1999 Cavalier Z24

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408346
    That's the guy... found him on Cardomain after visiting his car club's website (www.handsdownnj.com)

Unfortunately, he has very little done power-wise... I managed to win even with my slipping clutch. He says he's going turbo though, so that should make things interesting should we ever cross paths again!

For those that don't know, I'm running the JDM H22 motor, AEM CAI, UR crank pulley, 2.5" muffler shop special, and NO interior (still haven't put it back from when I hit the track months ago! ) I also have a piece of soggy toast for a clutch, a curiously stiff shifter, and ignition components from 1994 (aside from my plugs and wires, anyway). My last 1/4 time was 15.123

Anyway, I saw him heading towards my very favorite racing spot (the same spot where I took out the Infiniti I30 and the riced out EG hatch last year) and I hoped we lined up next to each other at the light. I'm not sure if he was holding back a little so we would be or not, but it worked out that way. It's about time I had something fun next to me there!

He was sitting about 2 feet back from the line, so I wasn't sure he wanted to go. I got a little rev-happy when the light turned green for the other side (we had a delayed green) so at least I was making myself clear! I took it easy in 1st because of the clutch, and because I wasn't really sure if he was going for it (didn't want to look like an ass, ripping ahead while he took it easy!) We probably hit about 50 before he clearly backed off... the lanes merged, so whoever is in back STAYS in back... no ricer flybys on that road!

I flipped on the dome light and gave the peace sign (hoping he saw BOTH fingers go up! ) and continued to the next light... he pulled next to me and we talked for about 15 seconds. It's always cool when you can talk to the guy you raced!

Turns out we both wound up pulling into the same Wawa... I didn't realize it till he was pulling away though (he got gas, I got an iced tea) It's a shame... would've been cool to talk and look at his car! I must say, for a showy car, he did it right! Very nice looking car, IMO.

I ask that you don't bash the show car... this guy has my respect.

sweet man riced out. Lambo doors yum haha Go deev!

Comment

"I'm going turbo" is like the "I am away from my computer right now" of losing a race.

But way to rep the cb7s

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
        sweet man riced out. Lambo doors yum haha Go deev!
        Don't let Ricky see that!

A show car can't have it's doors opening normally... If you don't have to limbo under the lambo, you lose points! I like the fact that it's complete though... no unpainted body kit, not slammed on steelies... If he builds his motor like he built the showy part of the car, I won't stand a chance... Well, as I am now I'm not planning to stay a 15.0 car for long! (this summer should yeild 13.5 or better... just watch!)

Comment

you should join his car club deev! you'd be the president, "hands down!" i like his list of performance parts:

Performance
          -Bombz Exhaust
          -Short Ram intake
          -Strut Bar
          -Engine dress up
          (hahahah!!!)

he'd probably lose again just to hear the sound of that H again!

Comment

I think he's the president, actually...

It's funny, put me in a car show next to his car, and I'd lose big time! I could never have a show car though. All my superficial mods simply fell into my lap (plus, my JDM 1 pieces are lighter than stock, so that kinda helps performance!) I drive my car WAY too hard to have anything that nice...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I think he's the president, actually...

It's funny, put me in a car show next to his car, and I'd lose big time! I could never have a show car though. All my superficial mods simply fell into my lap (plus, my JDM 1 pieces are lighter than stock, so that kinda helps performance!) I drive my car WAY too hard to have anything that nice...
              Word to that. The monster speed bumps at school, I hit them w/one wheel in the ditch, so they arent as bad, but i'll do them at about 30mph. Cant have a high maintenance car... cant put up with a high maintenance girl. <-- Im sure theres a connection there between everyone.

Comment

Yeah, I have a very low maintenance girl! That's why I'm marrying her! (well, other reasons as well... but she would've left me if she needed more than I give!)

As for my car... I THINK I washed it twice this summer... Maybe 3 times... I just make sure it's functioning properly, and that it looks... um... not embarrassing.

Comment

Good race man... Those cavys are nothing for h22. I use to take them all the time with my f22, either that or it would be dead even. As of now my car is still waiting at the shop for the h22 heart transplant...
                  Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                  registration is free

Comment

He posted that 15.8 qaurter time slip like he was pimp....lmao. Well I hope he was in the right lane.....
                    my ride

Comment

Well, for an intake and an exhaust, 15.8 isn't that bad. Our cars have a hard time breaking into the 15s with just that!

The Z24 has potential... but for those that think I'm all impressed with my kill, I'm not really. I didn't think I was going to lose when I saw him, unless he had a surprise in store. It's still a cool race, and even cooler since he was a good guy.

Comment

Sadly that guy can only do so much with the Z24. I have a friend from work who also owns one, mind you its really nice (maybe because of its Raider themed color lol silver and black).

But that car is what they call in the J body world the oddball. Its got the 2.2 V6 from an Oldsmobile swapped in like the 442 Calais of the late 80's.

Just an exhaust alone is around 600 dollars, you cant do pistons, cams or even an exhaust header all have to be custom made.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The Quad 4 (never in a J-body...that I recollect at least) put out 170 or 180 hp from 2.2L 4 cylinder. I'm sure you could fit it in a J-body without issues.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                            you should join his car club deev! you'd be the president, "hands down!" i like his list of performance parts:

Performance
                            -Bombz Exhaust
                            -Short Ram intake
                            -Strut Bar
                            -Engine dress up
                            (hahahah!!!)

he'd probably lose again just to hear the sound of that H again!
                            -If you have issues wit the club why dont you come down and meet them and tell them yourself im sure they'd love to hear it from you...An as for the 15.8 mile time slip on the site, thats extremely good for a stock engine out of a cavalier, and how u get "i posted it like a pimp" ill never know, to come to that assumption doesnt make sense, but anyway i posted the pic to show i wasnt making the time up like everyone else on car domain does. But deevergote did put up a good race, and i do hope to race him again some time in the future.

Comment

YOU JUST GOT pwn3d minoreparations
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X