Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '90 Accord H22A Vs. TESTAROSSA Bitchin'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '90 Accord H22A Vs. TESTAROSSA Bitchin'!

Yeah, cool ass shit if I ever saw. I went cruising around aimlessly 'cause I had nothing better to do. And what do I see along side me in the other lane on the biggest street in town...an early 90's Testarossa. Yes, the real deal, not some bullshit Fiero kit-car. He also had his rearview mirrors up on his A-Pillar...which I’d never really seen before.

Anyway, so I make it a point to end up next to him at a red light. The dude's in his mid 30's prolly’ and he was gunning it mildly through traffic, so he wasn't just out cruisin' the boulevard at the speed limit, he was having some fun. So I'm looking at him all happy and I'm like "Yeah! Yeah! Kill it! Kill it!" So he's smiling back. So the light turns green, I go for it, got a pretty good start. but I guess he wasn't fully taking me seriously...he didn't really go for it as I'd hoped.....I guess it was to my advantage, cause he woulda’ prolly’ mutilated me off the line. So I'm revving high in 2nd, coasting, around 5k RPM, hoping he'll go for it, and he does...I see him closing in on my in my mirrors...so I floor it. We're just about side by side...I wonder what he's thinking right then. Redline...drop into 3rd, we're still close, but he's starting to take a lead on me. Then I notice there's a red light coming up, and coming fast! So I slow down. And he turned right off the merge to that intersection. We ran it up until around 150km/h or so. Gave me an awesome rush.

Even greater was the relief of having the race end when it did, because there was a cop waiting at that red light in the opposite direction. Some of you may recall from a previous story, that my license is currently under suspension until December...so yeah...a close call if there ever was one. Stupid of me, racing on the biggest street around when I know where all the hot spots for cops are....yes, stupid...but worth it IMO to race this wonderfully crafted machine, that I know would have decapitated me had we had a straight race from a stop, but I had fun, and I'm sure he was impressed with my lil' ricer too!

Cool shit no?

Steve

Kickass man! One day I hope to be able to legitimately beat a Ferarri!

Comment

I did a little check up on its specs. I doubt I was against a 91-94 512TR as was the name change, but still before they dropped the pop-up headlights in 95. It was more like anything between 85-90. It had a bunch less power...still 380 in a 5 litre flat 12, with a 5 speed tranny. 0-60 times were 5.3 and 1/4 mile was around mid 13. That thing wasn't light either...3660 pounds. So I calculated it still had a better power to weight ratio of 0.10 around with a driver weighing 140 pounds...versus my ratio of 0.76 my weight included.

So this explains why he didn't toally whoop my ass, but still would have.

Short story:
      3 of my friends and I were in one of their parent's 3.5 Altimas and we were toying a guy in a yellow Modena. He raped us so badly, it was great...sounded just like an F1 car. Then he got pulled over. Gave the cops shit and everything, it was great. We were scared though because he was a mobster/loanshark guy who was suspected in a few murders and art robberies around montreal and connected with the Lebanese Mafia...yeah they have one too. He was actually gunned down in front of his house at 5am a few months ago, getting the mail. Among other things he had an H2 and an S55 AMG but a modest house, and a wife and 2 kids. Yes life story time. Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy to us, he didn't have us killed right?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
        I did a little check up on its specs. I doubt I was against a 91-94 512TR as was the name change, but still before they dropped the pop-up headlights in 95. It was more like anything between 85-90. It had a bunch less power...still 380 in a 5 litre flat 12, with a 5 speed tranny. 0-60 times were 5.3 and 1/4 mile was around mid 13. That thing wasn't light either...3660 pounds. So I calculated it still had a better power to weight ratio of 0.10 around with a driver weighing 140 pounds...versus my ratio of 0.76 my weight included.

So this explains why he didn't toally whoop my ass, but still would have.

Short story:
        3 of my friends and I were in one of their parent's 3.5 Altimas and we were toying a guy in a yellow Modena. He raped us so badly, it was great...sounded just like an F1 car. Then he got pulled over. Gave the cops shit and everything, it was great. We were scared though because he was a mobster/loanshark guy who was suspected in a few murders and art robberies around montreal and connected with the Lebanese Mafia...yeah they have one too. He was actually gunned down in front of his house at 5am a few months ago, getting the mail. Among other things he had an H2 and an S55 AMG but a modest house, and a wife and 2 kids. Yes life story time. Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy to us, he didn't have us killed right?
        He will now after he checks your IP.

Comment

I had one of those mess with me in my old accord. There is a place in Dallas that rents out exotic cars. They had this old Testarosa, but it was heavily modified .. somewhere around 700 hp I think. So I see it coming up next to me on the highway, and I was just staring at it because it was so nice. The guy looked over and saw me staring then he took off so fast it looked like I was going in reverse. This was from 80 mph on the highway ... fastest damn thing I've ever seen on the street. I like them though with the vented sides and all. I'm surprised there are many exotic cars like that up there in the cold ass weather of Canada ... good story though.

Comment

There's a Benz SL65 around the corner from me...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
            X