pontiac transport vs. grand am vs. 300z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pontiac transport vs. grand am vs. 300z

well.... first off... don't hate on my moms minivan.... its offically called teh "feelin' hurter" why? bc my friend was talking like his pontiac grand am was the fastest crap on the road... so i was like... aight we'll run em'.... but i only had my moms minivan.... and appently grand ams can't keep up with the feelin hurter on the highway and from a 60 mph roll...... then he went and got his friends 300z (90 i think? lowered exaust blah blah blah) but yea..... i beat that from a 30mph roll.... but at 70 he started catching up to me.... but yea...

SOLD!

hahhhaah, thats tight. man, i would have loved to see that, it would have been so funny. nice kill tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Specs for a 96 Transport: 180hp, 205ft/lb from the 3.4L V6 3708lbs That's one heavy-ass van! Couldn't find any 1/4 mile data on it though I guess from a roll, when the engine doesn't have to move such a heavy van from a standstill, it would be pretty quick... until the van shape begins to suffer from aerodynamic drag (which is why you probably crap out at 70... plus, the engine's powerband must be shifted to the low end.)

Ford Aerostars have been reported to run in the 15s stock. Minivans aren't ALL crap!

My friend Scot was driving this BEAT Caravan one night... the thing was like, an 87, and at the end of it's life. There were 6 of us in the van. He pulled up to a light next to a Camaro with an exhaust (probably more, but we saw and heard the exhaust). He started revving the van, bucking it forward with the auto the get the Camaro guy's attention. When the light turned, we actually pulled ahead because the dude in the Camaro was too busy laughing

Comment

the turbo dogde van can run 12s you can also boost to 20 psi with afmic and bigger injectors after 20 psi all you need is a bigger turbo they have done 25 spi on stock internals

I have always wanted one....

such a sleeper

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

I researched those... there was one for sale for $800 near me. 5 speed turbo minivan.

Those motors are insanely restrictive, and leak/burn oil practically off the showroom floor. VERY poorly made, and 25psi on stock internals would MAYBE get you one 12 second pass... if you made it to the end of the track. It wouldn't make it a second time for sure!

Comment

I researched those... there was one for sale for $800 near me. 5 speed turbo minivan.

Those motors are insanely restrictive, and leak/burn oil practically off the showroom floor. VERY poorly made, and 25psi on stock internals would MAYBE get you one 12 second pass... if you made it to the end of the track. It wouldn't make it a second time for sure!

yeah

i have seen a dialy drivin one running 20 psi

*time to pick kids up from schoool*

*VROOOOOM* *pshh* *VROOMMMMMM*

*pssh*

hold on kids!!!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

There is also a turbocharged Plymouth station wagon as well. Not as many people seem to know about them because there were only around 500 made ... but I have one hehehe. I would own people with that at the races because it was fairly quick. I will confirm that the engine sucks though. It blew at about 110k I think. If anyone is interested just look at some of my pics and you will probably see it in the background in my backyard. It comes with luggage racks and everything ... super sleeper except for the vented hood.

Comment

haha..i didnt know they had turbo vans.... my first van..was a ford aerostar...it was also my 1st RWD vehicle...well anyways..i beat a few ford explorers from a stop in it...they have the same engines as a ford explorer..i kinda miss my green machine

wow 180 hp for a van is good..im not sure what a pontiac transport looks like.

Comment

lol i got you all beat, i used to have a 89 toyota mini van that was a damn space shuttle. but 22r baby can't blow them up. had some interesting times in that van. BTW don't ramp railroad tracks.

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Working...
                  X