SRT-4 vs. 99 SI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRT-4 vs. 99 SI

as you might know my brother has an SRT-4 well the other day i was driving it on the 10fwy heading to my brother's house well, i'm rollin' and i see in the rear view mirror this civic weaving in and out off traffic trying to catch up with me so i instantly knew he wanted to see what's up right? so he gets next to me and i'm thinkin' yeah right dude i'm rollin' with like 280hp and this dude's got a civic (mind you i love civics so i'm not hating) i was going 80 in 5th. dude gave me this cocky look then smiled, so i dropped gears on his ass and i was boostin' 20psi in no time (and i took off on his ass) i'm whatching him in the rearview, all the sudden his car throws out this deeeeep as sound i mean he was mashing on it AND HE CAUGHT UP WITH ME! it was pretty damn even then all the sudden he exited the fwy. i was like WHOA!!! i underesimated him. well to shorten this up a bit me and my bro ran into him at my buddy's perfomance shop and i asked him what the hell did he have under the hood.......you guy's will love this one he pops the hood and HOOOOLLLYY SHIT!! dude has a turbo'd H22 (no bullshit) i was insantly in love he's gonna let me take some pic's and i will post then up for you guy's to see. *edit* i didn't hear his blow off valve maybe the srt's muffled it and his intercooler was painted black
    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Nice but my intercooler is way out there people dont realize its a real skyline accord until its too late and wonder how the fuck did he do that?

Comment

thats some shit, you can never hate on a H. sleeper in mode is hot as hell. what gets me is that a person driving a srt-4 pushing around 280 thinking hes the shit then a civic pulls up. then gets left and all of a sudden he comes up on ur ASS; then ur like NOW THATS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE ...............HONDA POWER

Comment

^^^i know thats why i posted this cuz I was the one thinking i was all badass, but i now bow to the h22 powered civic.
        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy
          ^^^i know thats why i posted this cuz I was the one thinking i was all badass, but i now bow to the h22 powered civic.
          I THANK YOU for posting this up. for all those/or you SRT4 drivers out their, there is always a HONDA up ur alley when you least expect it. Just remember you have a neon with a built motor (from the factory) turbo,EST230 HP nice seats, rear disc brakes, a nice ass dash for those autometer guages, ur 100oct button, water injector button, ur HUGE ASS spoiler (that dont do SHIT) and high ass rear end.And when you buy shit to make it go faster from the factory is horrable instead of buying shit and doing shit by yourself.......................................... ................ ITS STILL A NEON PEOPLE,TAKE OFF ALL THATSHIT AND WHAT DO U STILL HAVE ...........A NEON

Comment

ahem......i posted this cuz i ran into a badass civic that has a h22 turbo that was fast mind you i was driving my brothers srt-4 and your wrong it's not a neon, neons come with 2.0 liter with 132hp umm, my bro's is a 2.4 liter at 230hp stock and my brother's is far from stock we've done all the work ourselves and we addressed the spoiler/high rear end with taking the spoiler off and a set of sprint springs took care of the ride height i love his srt to death and his shit would smash on my cb7 over and over again the moral of my story was you shouldn't underestimate ANY car (in your case neons) cuz that fuckin' civic was built! (if you go to image gallerie and look at the cb7 photoshoot so.cal thread you'll see pic's of my bro's srt it looks badass with no wing, lowered, c/f ram air hood)
            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

ahem......i posted this cuz i ran into a badass civic that has a h22 turbo that was fast mind you i was driving my brothers srt-4 and your wrong it's not a neon, neons come with 2.0 liter with 132hp umm, my bro's is a 2.4 liter at 230hp stock and my brother's is far from stock we've done all the work ourselves and we addressed the spoiler/high rear end with taking the spoiler off and a set of sprint springs took care of the ride height i love his srt to death and his shit would smash on my cb7 over and over again the moral of my story was you shouldn't underestimate ANY car (in your case neons) cuz that fuckin' civic was built! (if you go to image gallerie and look at the cb7 photoshoot so.cal thread you'll see pic's of my bro's srt it looks badass with no wing, lowered, c/f ram air hood)
              I wasnt pointing the finger at you, i was just saying it in general, sorry if you took it the wrong way. i drove a srt4 before at my job, it wheeled hopped badly, the gearing was to short for me, and that was it i really drove it for about a mile, it was a customers car so i had to take it out for a test drive

Comment

it does have wheel hop huh? i thought i was trippin' how would we get rid of that?
                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

not a neon???

srt-4 .. neon they are one and the same. just check it out

Click here to see Video
                  my members page http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=23408
                  Myspace myspace.com/ryan3600

Comment

thats cool bro that you found a srt-4 hater vid but, if you look on that same site you'll find a vid with srt's kickin' ass i didn't see the comparision pic's of the engines tho hmmmmmm... and that yellow one that had "five hundred" hp any jackass can build a suposed 500hp motor and if it's not done right it WILL blow up as with any car. let's not start a srt bashing thread that wasn't my intention cuz i'll sit here and argue all nite long with you guys (but i don't want to) my experiance with srt's are good ones my bro's in an srt club all they're cars are badass and his hauls ass (with out blowing up i mite add LOL) but god damn! that civic was fast!
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

thats cool bro that you found a srt-4 hater vid but, if you look on that same site you'll find a vid with srt's kickin' ass i didn't see the comparision pic's of the engines tho hmmmmmm... and that yellow one that had "five hundred" hp any jackass can build a suposed 500hp motor and if it's not done right it WILL blow up as with any car. let's not start a srt bashing thread that wasn't my intention cuz i'll sit here and argue all nite long with you guys (but i don't want to) my experiance with srt's are good ones my bro's in an srt club all they're cars are badass and his hauls ass (with out blowing up i mite add LOL) but god damn! that civic was fast!
                      i respect you and ur answer, i love all cars from foriegn to domestic; i just have respect for others when they give you the same respect back. i was just saying about those ignorant people out their

Comment

oh i hear ya bro i ain't mad at ya ^^^^^^
                        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

The SRT-4 is "based" on the Neon, but there are a LOT of differences! There are more differences there than there are between an Integra GS and a Type R... and I know you guys wouldn't knock a Type R!

A turbo H22 in a Civic is a monster. The motor alone in one of those would put it in the low 14s or high 15s with a so-so driver and a full interior! Boost that, and (with traction) it's crazy. A properly boosted H22 civic on a highway (where traction isn't an issue) is nearly unstoppable for most stock-ish cars. Of course, that Civic probably has as much (or more) money put into it as the sticker price of the SRT-4!

Comment

yeah with a real kit no chop off cheap home made shit either .

Comment

im not hatin

i just think there is way too much hype associated with the srt4.
                              Last edited by 1sickaccord360; 07-07-2005, 01:50 PM.
                              my members page http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=23408
                              Myspace myspace.com/ryan3600

Comment

Working...
                              X