Automatic Vs. Manual Street Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Vs. Manual Street Racing

Is it possible to kill a 5spd Civic or CB7 with a Automatic CB7?
    Especially with a stock motor, just running the motor at high RPMs.
    Need comments from a racer's point of view.
    This is a very interesting thought i've had in my head for a while.
    Last edited by DirtySouthHonda; 06-24-2005, 12:33 AM.

ahh....are u serious? anything is possible, with a quarter mile .....autos are quicker down the track than 5 speeds...if driven correctly becuase u dont have the time in between shifts....what a lowsy question but it depends on driver.....model vehicle.etc.

Comment

There are like 32 million variations of the 5spd Civic...so basically I can't answer your question. Yes if its a CX/DX/HF, no if it's a DOHC VTEC STEALME.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

What about shifting the Automatic? I read in my Honda Manual that you could switch from normal driving to shifting the Automatic. I was told that this ruins the transmission up in several ways. Also, I was talking about a souped-up Civic SI or CB7 SE vs. an Automatic CB7 (various models).

Just a question, 91accord4door
        Last edited by DirtySouthHonda; 06-24-2005, 01:04 AM.

Comment

a "souped up" civic si or a se cb7..."f22a6" will own a auto stock or even a lightly moded lx,dx,. you should really search becuase all this has been coverd several times. try searching bro.

Comment

It really all depends on how many mods you have and how well you drive your automatic... Before I knew shit about launching and shifting my automatic I got totally ran by a 5 speed stock integra, but after I figured out how to do an auto launch, and shift my automatic gears, I totally blew an H22A Prelude off the line and he only over took me after maybe 5-6 seconds and I only lost by a car length... Thats pretty fucking good for a shitty 125 HP stock engine...
            1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Kanibus
              It really all depends on how many mods you have and how well you drive your automatic... Before I knew shit about launching and shifting my automatic I got totally ran by a 5 speed stock integra, but after I figured out how to do an auto launch, and shift my automatic gears, I totally blew an H22A Prelude off the line and he only over took me after maybe 5-6 seconds and I only lost by a car length... Thats pretty fucking good for a shitty 125 HP stock engine...
              that h22a driver didnt know how to drive.....he shoulda blew u away........really he shoulda. and i hate all this shit about shifting an auto......u shouldnt shift and auto manualy through the gears...its not ment to be done....do an auto to manual conv.......sheesh. every time you shift through d3 and d4 and shit your taking life off your auto.....and these accord trannies arent the best trannies to begin with.....my point is shifting a auto manually is stupid, dumb, and stupid.......

Comment

next time u take out your drain bolt take a look at the metal burrs all over your drain plug....not cool, and that "sport shift" isnt ment for racing.....just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
                  My car is an Automatic F22A6, 2.2L 2156cc L4 MFI SE Accord. And I'm researching this for a friend of mine. He has a '93 Accord and he shifts with his automatic. Just asking is this an effective way to race or not? I'm thinking of trying it myself when I get my car fixed.

~DirtySouthHonda
                  NO.....PERIOD. i mean u can if you want but when u have a suck ass auto tranny dont come asking what to do. do not manually shift an auto...uts dumb enough said. if ya want to feel like u have balls do a 5 sp swap or sell your car and buy a 5 speed. nough said.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    NO.....PERIOD. i mean u can if you want but when u have a suck ass auto tranny dont come asking what to do. do not manually shift an auto...uts dumb enough said. if ya want to feel like u have balls do a 5 sp swap or sell your car and buy a 5 speed. nough said.
                    done.....
                    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                    WiredMotorSports
                    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Neutral booooooooooooooomb. Fuck an Auto
                      H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

no need to flame on the guy for asking a simple question guys.
                        <-- hates this thread now

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

***Trying to breathe a breath of fresh air into this thread***

Yes, it is certainly possibly to take a 5speed, with my current modifications, I see no problem running or beating one. I had to put some money into it, but I believe by the end of this summer it will be well worth it. The automatic transmission can take a beating, and you can certainly give it one, but use honda transmission fluid, keep her well tuned, and never shift your transmission. The tcu knows when to shift accurately and better than anyone can, trust it, and it will trust you.
                          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Yea don't shift on your own, that ish is not hot. Brake torque your tranny at launch (hold the brake and gas) and let her rip...that's the fastest way. If you shift on your own you lose so much time in shifts it's not worth it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you find a good 5 speed driver, they can usually shift better than an automatic. However, the Honda automatic, when driven correctly, DOES know where it should shift! If the 5 speed driver isn't that great, an auto would certainly stand a chance.

Accordtunerx ran a 16.3 in his auto with the F22A6, DC header, Apexi WS exhaust, and an AEM CAI. Full interior, I believe. 93twodoorLX ran a 16.4 (I think... I have to ask him again) in his 5 speed LX with an AEM short ram, custom exhaust, and ebay header... less power all around, but his car is lighter and 5 speed. The auto was faster.

This thread is kinda pushing the limits of a hypothetical thread (not allowed normally) but since it's more on the types of cars, and not specific cars, I'll allow it

Also, on a highway, the auto isn't that much different from a 5 speed. ATX and I were side by side on rt 295 one night, and he had no trouble at all matching me. When one floored it, the other caught up easily (both H22, similar mods)

Comment

Working...
                              X