X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lapping on my ra1's

anyway, i've gone 3 times...

so far got blocked by a miata, an rsx, corrola, 240, wrx

its all about driver, tires and suspension.

2nd lap day...chased a b18c5 powered crx. caught him on turns (he ran kum-hos 712- they are garbage, even when heated), caught this guy on turns, we even caught another car and he blocked us. on the straights, he'd pull on me. but not as much as i thought he would.

i caused traffic on my first lap as i was warming up my tires. had an e36, 350z, and an ek infront of those 2!!!!!! sohc vtec!!!!! ra1's, srr suspension, + one veteran driver..... HEEL AND TOE WORKS WELL IF U KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

i have a vid, anyone host a 50 meg video???

3rd lap day, went with the subaru club. thought i'd get spanked. ran really well with these guys.2 or 3 of them ran ra1's and the rest were somewhat street tires...chased a friend who was new to the track. wrx running 13's...i was on his ass the whole time cept on the straight!!!!!! --shit, this thing hauled ass, but he wasnt comfy on turns and he didnt run his ra1's for this event....

held up by a noob miata, noob rsx, chased a bmw z4 ( i would have been on his ass on the third lap, but we got blocked by a fukkin rsx)...oh, i forgot to tell u guys. huy009 came. ummmm, i chased him, got on his ass, drove like a granny and could have lit up a smoke. lol, (dood, get that sway bar on and get some stickier tires!!!!!!!--and oh, play some more gt4 for lines!!!!!)

cars are given enough room, and i can catch cars on turns. u would not believe how tires up to temp stick. 150 kmh on bfg grid 2's and 170 kmh with my ra1's on the straight as i have a much higher exit speed.

anyway, keep the racing on the track, its the only time u can push the shit of of ur car.....

a 15 year old car running with the big boys is fun. my ra1's are still dot approved. they can only get stickier.

i'd make u fellow cb7 owners proud if u see me on these events.
    i would love to see more cb7's on lap days
    Last edited by f22-dohc; 06-15-2005, 12:47 AM.
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

good to hear man, ive been wanting to go to the track for awhile but im just geting started on my setup and dont wanna be a roadblock. so what track did you race at?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Crap, I gotta get up to Road America...
      Bart: What's your name?
      Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

this sounds sweet, my kinda driving. I couldn't do the auto-x thing but i'd love a road course. Can you give us more details on ur suspension and settings? Also tell us more about the ra1's cause i don't even know what company thats from. Oh and how many ppl had brake upgrades ?

Oh and i enjoy your stories...keep it up and get more detailed...make me feel like i'm in the car with you!!!
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

TOYO ra1's are what im running.

the older ones have a treadwear of 40 and new ones are up to 100. my shop says the new ones are ass and take longer to heat cycle them. never use them on the street. it will pick all the crap up and stick to the tires.

im on illuminas and c2 coilovers.
          accord wagon front brakes and rear disc conversion

i set my coilovers 5 on the rear and 4 on the back for more rotation.
          run a higher tire pressure on the rear for better rotation
          oil catch can works well. (last year i didnt have and my TB was full of oil)

the smoother the driving is the faster u are. know the limits of ur car b4 doing this.

heres the course:

type r's, wrx's, b18cx modded can reach up 200kmh on the long straight
          for sunday's event, pitlane 2 was used and cars enter when the car b4 is on the hairpin b4 the longstraight

all high speed straights is FULL throttle 3rd gear. (4th if u get out of the main straight hair pin FAST and touch 170kmh --brake at the 50 mark, and take that sweeper at semi-full throttle, tap brake into the s turn (favorite part), heel toe into second before the hairpin thingy, full throttle 2nd gear to third full throttle, brake hard, down to 3800 rpm(we have enough tq), heel toe to second, full throttle 3rd, slow down into the s curve,........

fuk man, i can make the sound of my engine for the whole thing.

the track has sharper turns unlike the pic above.

cant wait to go again. NOW I CAN SAY I NEED LSD.

as far as brake upgrades. the civic guys always have brake upgrades.

ie. spoon calipers, gsr brakes, rear disc conversion

last year after track day, i warped the crap out of my brakes.
          this year: NONE!!!!!!! no front rotor warpage.

i love the smell of burnt brakes. reminds of of this event. cars would pit in and some would have smoking brakes!!!!!!! rotors turn blue!!!!! mine was purplish blue
          Last edited by f22-dohc; 06-15-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
            good to hear man, ive been wanting to go to the track for awhile but im just geting started on my setup and dont wanna be a roadblock. so what track did you race at?
            shannonville full track. started last year with the fabby.

Comment

Man i want to go to a track day soooooo bad. But i need to do some more to the truck. One being get the limiter off.

Comment

i was watching the video... i complete the track under 3 minutes and over 2 min.....

Comment

ill take into consideration tire pressure and shock setting to adjust rotation, thats what im trying to get more of.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
                    Man i want to go to a track day soooooo bad. But i need to do some more to the truck. One being get the limiter off.
                    You think the Rangers would be fully capable of handling the track? I know mine would tip lol..massive bodyroll as well.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I would LOVE to try that kind of racing! There are no tracks around here though, aside from the one that's been in progress at Englishtown for the past too many years...

Comment

Im curious how much does it cost to race at the track? I was watching topgear and apparently you can race at nurburgring for like 14 euros.
                        R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                        My members ride page
                        Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                          You think the Rangers would be fully capable of handling the track? I know mine would tip lol..massive bodyroll as well.
                          thats what i need to fix, i am lowering it (3/4) and installing at least a rear swaybar and new brake pads and lines maybe. But i what to just have fun.

here is some track info for those wanting it in the Northeast.

http://www.scca.com/Inside/Index.asp...ence=436799&~=

Comment

Working...
                          X