93 lx vs 92 civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 lx vs 92 civic

So my neighbors ex bf has a 92 auto civic hatchback with exhaust, and maybe intake. He always talks shit about my car. so one day i see him come up behind me and pulls next me at a turn light. I knew that he was going to try and race me. So the light turned green and he took off, i wasnt going to race him but i did, so i gave him a head start. I punched it and i hit 6000 rps in 3rd gear with an aoutomatic (i dont know if thats high or not), and i smoked his ass. and the best part was his friend that also talks shit, and his ex gf was in the car. i know those hatchback civis are slow as hell, but it still felt good to smoke him. Auto vs Auto.
    CB7 93 LX AT.

MY_CB7

Yea, that is probably one of the best feelings in the world. He's probably going to come back with some shit about how he had 3 people in the car though. But way to serve it to him

Comment

It's always good to smoke people who like to talk I'd take pride in beating a Geo Metro if the owner thought he could beat me! It's not much of a kill for what I have, but worth the effort to shut the driver up.

And yeah, Civics have plenty of potential, but stock they're not much. People hear stories of highly modified Civics and assume that their stock Civic is a beast as well... the fools...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        It's always good to smoke people who like to talk I'd take pride in beating a Geo Metro if the owner thought he could beat me! It's not much of a kill for what I have, but worth the effort to shut the driver up.

And yeah, Civics have plenty of potential, but stock they're not much. People hear stories of highly modified Civics and assume that their stock Civic is a beast as well... the fools...
        I'm not so sure about the stock Civic comment...I do believe that a stock Civic Si hatch could walk on a stock CB any day. My friend's Civic runs away from me every time we race and we both have equal mods pretty much. While the Si lacks torque, its got the same HP numbers as the CB as well as less weigth to deal with.

But the lower models...course not.

Comment

i got a ej1........d16z6 coupe same engine as the si, and it seams a lot faster than my 91 accord. i do notice less torque but it makes up for it with its quicker revs and its weight. all i have is /I/H/E. my civic has the same hp ratings as the ex accord i had 125hp....i believe thats what it has anyway. thats the same rating as an ex accord and the civic is lighter....plus the D has baby vtec.

Comment

Yea Civics w/the mini-me swap would give an N/A F22 the business. I've never lost to a Civic though.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I've never lost to a civic either. but i have a friend with a 2002 civic si with a short ram, header, and exhaust and i wouldnt fool with it. not that its fast as hell or anything but it would pull on a f22 cb7 with the same mods. but as for other civics, they are just easy targets.

Comment

Well, an Si isn't really a comparison to the CB7. There is no "sport" model CB. The more powerful CB7s are also the heavier ones... I mean, a DX with the F22A1 isn't all that much slower than the EX with the A6. The Si was intended to be a sportier model, so it's not a true stock-for-stock comparison.

Plus, I wasn't comparing anyway. Just saying that a stock Civic isn't a beast just because the driver witnessed a team of 3 green-underglow-equipped black Civics ripping around the CA highways taking out cargo trucks...

Comment

dudes.... my CB beats up on 2003 and up Si s....... no joke those Si s stock with that sissy K20 engine run low 16s and high 15s...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    i got a ej1........d16z6 coupe same engine as the si, and it seams a lot faster than my 91 accord. i do notice less torque but it makes up for it with its quicker revs and its weight. all i have is /I/H/E. my civic has the same hp ratings as the ex accord i had 125hp....i believe thats what it has anyway. thats the same rating as an ex accord and the civic is lighter....plus the D has baby vtec.
                    Wrong. 125hp is the top HP of a 92-95 Civic which was the Si Hatch. On the Accords you got 125hp (DX,LX) 130hp (90-91 EX) 140hp (92-93 EX/SE)
                    I think a Stock '91 EX 5spd can Hang with a STock 92-95 Si

Comment

Eh, a 130hp EX weighing in at 2900lbs or so before the driver probably wouldn't hang with a 2500lb 125hp Si... It would be fairly close, but the Si would most likely win if the drivers were equal and the cars were in similar condition. I believe the Si also has a shorter geared transmission, which would DEFINITELY make it pull on the EX.

LXaccord92, you have a CAI and a near-stock exhaust and you beat new Sis? How? I doubt your car is capable of anything under 16.0 as it is. I mean, I suppose anything is possible, but for a VERY lightly modded EX, as heavy and old as it is, to beat newer, more powerful cars is surprising to me.

Comment

bah, a b16 has trouble keepin up with my tq...unless they are modded then i cant talk shit

highyway runs against b16's are fun on 3rd gear.
                        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                          Wrong. 125hp is the top HP of a 92-95 Civic which was the Si Hatch. On the Accords you got 125hp (DX,LX) 130hp (90-91 EX) 140hp (92-93 EX/SE)
                          I think a Stock '91 EX 5spd can Hang with a STock 92-95 Si
                          93 civic ex coupe has the same hp rating as the si hatch...same engine. d16z6 sohc vtec.
                          [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Working...
                          X