No announcement yet.

Performance shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumping puts more of a shock through the transmission, whereas feathering wears the clutch faster... IMO, replacing a clutch is better than rebuilding a transmission!

Dumping can also lead to wheelspin, whereas feathering can help keep the wheels stuck to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
      my drunk ass friend did that last night leaving my house with his truck...i should have kicked his lard ass!!

damn the only way i can chirp my auto is neutral dropping 1st....but i know what yall are gonna say "chirping is so bad for you " blah..ok i stopped dropping... i need a manual!

Comment

i jus dump the clutch and chirp or grind lmao mostly chirp but everynow an then i grind lol but for all u f22a1s when i dynoed i noticed that we start to lose major power round 5600-6000 rpms so now i shift round 5800-6 i use to take it to red or a lil into but i noticed that it didn't help lol u jus lose power so i suggest that u shift with that range and not take it to red or beyond but thats jus me
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Well, keep in mind where your RPMs drop to when you shift. If you drop below your powerband when you shift, it's worse than going out of your powerband in the high range...

Ever shift too low in normal driving? Like up to 4th before you hit 30mph? You know that boggy feeling? That's what you get when you shift too low when racing... Not the same powerless feel, but it'll have a similar effect on your time.

Comment

i screetch second and chirp third and i am intake and exhaust and a brand new (well 20k on it, lol) ACT stage 3 clutch.. i seriously burn through second, not just chirp, i screetch, then i chirp third nice like in that videos second gear,... i feel special now, lol...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

YOu should watch some bestmotoring and then youll get the idea jsut watch the mini camra and youll see where they launch how they launch they spend most of the time slippin the clutch and feathering it most of the time and whatnot.

Comment

Ok to squeal tires on a low powered car, powershift in the torque band. If you want to keep traction, powershift in high rpms. Dumping the clutch, gives pretty stressed out chirps. Feathering can give very smooth chirps or tire spinning.

High Powered cars. Its too easy to squeal tires in those. To keep traction, easier said than done. Lots of feathering and hitting the right part of the band.

Comment

Lol nice vid, im sure your neighbors appreciated it.
                  Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

ACCLUDE91, you got some abusive vids BTW . Between this and the kill your motor vids, I feel like you hate your CB7, j/k.
                    Last edited by KillerCam282; 09-01-2005, 10:18 PM.

Comment

dido!!! lol, j/k................................... also..

Comment

i dont know if it is just me but i seems that no matter how smooth i try to make my transitions i chirp my tires, especially when my clutch is all warmed up from racing all night all it wants to do is grab. and one last thing, i always chirp 3rd at the race track but not on the street, tell me whats up with that lol

-sean
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

well, at the track it prepped better, but u still spin more at the track, remember, how ever many ways u put it, track is different than the street, i run high 16`s, but i beat my buddies mid 15 second civic, it is completely different on the street and the track, i chiurp third on the street but at the track, man i could feel the wheel hop comming long b4 i chirpped third, it felt like i was having suspension rebound all over again, actually, today on my way home i spun so much through second that i snapped my center console right above the radio in 2 spots, so now i gotta go fix it...

Comment

I used to dump the clutch from 1st to 2nd, but thats how I killed the syncros in my old trans. Now that I got the new trans, to stop it grinding, I take it up to 7-7500 and put the clutch in, tap the accelerator then dump the clutch and back on the accelerator. Now I cant get it to grind no matter how fast I shift.
                            Mite sound a bit slow, but once you get used to it, it can be done fast.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

from what i have learned that will ruin ur clutch faster.. cause the slipping affect wears and causes heat were dropping it has meant that it will last a lot longer... like i have the original clutch and i am at 241k, well this kid at the car meet was slipping it down the track and the week after he was running shitty times and clutch wouldn`t grab worth shit...

Comment

Well whatever you do, don't shift without letting off the gas, you could literally break something....What I do is I push in the clutch, throw it into second and rev the engine brfore letting out the clutch, but I do it really fast......its kinda hard to explain really.....
                                1991 Honda Accord Ex
                                Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                                Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                                X