Me vs. 2005 Corolla CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me vs. 2005 Corolla CE

Ok this is weird, that thing was pulling on me all the way till 3rd gear, than I started to crawl up front, are these things really that fast? I thought it may have had lift or something
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve VVT-I
    4-cylinder
    130 hp @ 6000 rpm;
    125 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm

TRD supercharger

Peak torque is 145 lbs-ft supercharged @ 4000 RPM & Peak HP is 166 HP supercharged @ 6800 RPM

don't know, but that is the only thing i can think of.

Comment

You: 140hp/142tq (im assuming your an EX) which on a dyno is ofcourse lower, but for arguments sake let's go with factory #'s. Weight=2900lbs

Him: 130hp/125tq, Weight= 2500lbs

I'm not a HUGE advocator of the power/weight ratio, but when it's 400lbs, yes, that'll make a difference. Also, let's assume he was stick, and you are auto, in that case he could have pulled a little on you and/or stuck w/you. If it was a slushy race, than from a roll, you would have taken him off the line, than he would have stayed w/you and than eventually pulled slightly. Which is what happened to you. First off, your cb7, im assuming is stock, since you didn't list anything. Second, it wasn't meant for racing and/or is not a new car. Our cb7's stock run 17s!!! I hate always having to bring it up, but they're initially slow as SHIT! People always BS on this board about times, im telling you the truth, we're slow w/out doing some work.

ps: I ran my friend's loaner rolla (stick) while he was gettin his celica's tranny fixed, and we ran from 2 dead stops and a roll, the rolla ran high 16s on gtech, and I certainly beat him, but I was surprised to see it had some moxi (old school word).
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
        You: 140hp/142tq (im assuming your an EX) which on a dyno is ofcourse lower, but for arguments sake let's go with factory #'s. Weight=2900lbs

I'm not a HUGE advocator of the power/weight ratio, but when it's 400lbs, yes, that'll make a difference. Also, let's assume he was stick, and you are auto, in that case he could have pulled a little on you and/or stuck w/you. If it was a slushy race, than from a roll, you would have taken him off the line, than he would have stayed w/you and than eventually pulled slightly. Which is what happened to you. First off, your cb7, im assuming is stock, since you didn't list anything. Second, it wasn't meant for racing and/or is not a new car. Our cb7's stock run 17s!!! I hate always having to bring it up, but they're initially slow as SHIT! People always BS on this board about times, im telling you the truth, we're slow w/out doing some work.

ps: I ran my friend's loaner rolla (stick) while he was gettin his celica's tranny fixed, and we ran from 2 dead stops and a roll, the rolla ran high 16s on gtech, and I certainly beat him, but I was surprised to see it had some moxi (old school word).

The LE is 0-60 in 8.2, 16's in the quarter. They don't make a TRD supercharger for the 05. They switched to drive by wire. They don't make an intake for the 05, unless there's a retrofitted 03-04 intake on there, but that is debatable if it even does anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer

I got a F20A swap, 5 speed, CAI, light flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
            I got a F20A swap, 5 speed, CAI, light flywheel.
            R u f'ing kidding, you should have definitely beat him. Something is wrong w/either your driving ability and/or your car. No way no how you lost in respect to your engine and/or mods.
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

this is

but the corolla type s is a car i'm definetly looking into. those things i have heard to be fast. and not a lot of people have them so its original. But back to the topic. I agree with Nycxeracer You should have won....
              my 91 cb7
              Originally posted by 4doorfury
              I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

i dunno if u guys every drove one before...but the corolla s is REALLY fast..and the light weight of its body does contribute...so i dunno...
                So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

meh..

dunno the diff in hp between an 03-04 but..

my step dad smoked one in the 93 when we had it

93 lx 4dr mods (i/h/h-b exhaust/milled head.40thou)

03-04 corolla (intake/exhaust/lightened stock flywheel/clutch/stripped from the front doors back)

and we beat it pretty bad.. so.. i dunno why u lost alex.. well fix that this weekend..

PSSSHHTT!! ... ooops.. did i say that?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

is was most likely an XRS with the celica engine

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                      meh..

dunno the diff in hp between an 03-04 but..

my step dad smoked one in the 93 when we had it

93 lx 4dr mods (i/h/h-b exhaust/milled head.40thou)

03-04 corolla (intake/exhaust/lightened stock flywheel/clutch/stripped from the front doors back)

and we beat it pretty bad.. so.. i dunno why u lost alex.. well fix that this weekend..

PSSSHHTT!! ... ooops.. did i say that?

dude, pshhhhhh be quietttt

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                        this is

but the corolla type s is a car i'm definetly looking into. those things i have heard to be fast. and not a lot of people have them so its original. But back to the topic. I agree with Nycxeracer You should have won....
                        AHHH!!! I was hoping I'd never see that again. lol... people used to bitch about that all the time, the days I used to tool around on the VVTI board.
                        THERE IS NO TYPE S. It's just S. There's a few exterior mods on the S and whatnot, that's it. Same 1ZZ-FE engine too, making 130/125. If you're looking for a corolla that's a little faster, go with the new XRS, which has a detuned version of the 2ZZ-FE, making 170/127. If you want something that's really fast, start with anything that came stock with a 4A or 7A series motor and swap it or work on it (4A-GE is preferred... you can swap to 4A-GZE, turbo the 4A-GE, N/A build the 4A-GE, etc... any good work using a 4A-GE will yield a monster).

Comment

freedom ecu..... lol....

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Oh my god the FREEDOM ECU! I think I'm gonna go jerk off now...

</whoring>

Comment

sadly i think were the only 2 who know what freedom ecu is... rofl

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X