Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What times are the Turbo F-Series guys running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What times are the Turbo F-Series guys running?

Some of the turbo F-Series guys post your times in here
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

i don't think that many of us ahve gotten to the track

Comment

due to either fear of breaking axles.. or too broke to afford good tires.. rofl..

i know RENR pulled a 14.6 with his shitty ass tune at 8psi i think on his f22b..

antoines best was like 14.8 way back when he was at like 200whp or so lol.. now hes at 248whp.. and 254wtq.. so he need AXLES/TIRES BADLY before he can hit the track again.. so yeah.. thats the main problem.. TOO MUCH POWER!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hmmm I was hoping low 14's (Im figuring Antione is close to that with his setup)
        OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

actually.. if antoine gets tires/axles.. i think he can bust 13s..

not to do a comparison shingid but isnt 2point6 making like 230-40whp? so him and antoine are in the same.. just antoine has more torque and cant put it to the ground

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

and 2.6 has a better powerband (NA vs. Boost)
            OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

bahh.. cawk ish.. lol this is why i said i didnt want a debate shindig..but anyway.. to each his own.. both are respectable.. one just needs slicks to get down faster :wink:

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

haha ya no doubt with slicks and axles Antiones car would be fast as hell, but its reasonable to say that an NA car with the same power ratings as a Turbo car (lets just say they are using the same tranny and weigh the same, etc. etc.), the NA car is gonna get to the finish line first... theres no lag in the powerband like you have with a turbo (and LESS traction issues, even though your gonna have traction problems to work out with both setups)...

I'm not saying turbo is bad or anything, just that NA = better powerband (also more expensive for poor people like me )

Personally, I'm considering boosting simply because I just got another F22A long block (everything from the throttle body to the exhaust manifold to the oil pan ) and it just seems more logical to build that since its readily available and I'll have almost 0 down time
                OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

don't bother arguing this with wikked... I've tried, it won't go anywhere It would be nice to see some more turbo f22's go to the track and get some times.
                  HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                    don't bother arguing this with wikked... I've tried, it won't go anywhere It would be nice to see some more turbo f22's go to the track and get some times.

it will happen just u wait and see.. hopefully sometime this summer slicks and axles will be in order.. for antoine..

and um.. shawn.. jason's right.. u wont win with me..

a beast of a N/a car really only shines in its high cam.. which is where it should be when racing really.. a turbo car has brute torque down low.. gets u off the line(IF U HAVE THE TRACTION ADDITIVES FOR IT lol)..
                    248whp and 254wtq.. id find his dynograph but im lazy.. he still has more power to make.. now.. ill add in jasons point just so he doesnt have a chance to post again..

"whats power worth if u cant get it to the ground".. this is very true indeed.. hell i believe even scott was using some mt's on his latest runs..

properly setup turbo car is just as fast as any n/a car..

makes u wonder why some NHRA Drag cars have a nice fat snail sticking out of the front end

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

looks like Jason's right
                      OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

turbo is good for getting speed out of a race car.
                          n/a is good for getting speed out of a daily driver.

... but you guys know that i'm all about the reliability factor of a good n/a setup. don't get me wrong, i love the idea of turbo (almost boosted my F).. but i don't think i can afford ($ or time) the random issues that come along with it.

1/4 times would be helpful though. i especially want to see a timeslip from Accord R33 since he seems to have one of the most reliable & longest running daily driven turbo f22s so far.

Comment

R33's never been to a track...i don't expect good times outta that, maybe 14's...hopefully 14's. I'd be paying more attention to his traps than times tho.

My last times were with me not launching because i was over an hour away from home (broke an axle the previous night), boosting 8psi very early into the whole tuning thing, and i was maybe making 180-190whp.
                            I've since run a couple of 13 seconds cars and either hang dead even or beat them by a couple of car length. I've only been truely beaten by a 12.7 DSM...and that was at the measely 8psi awhile back.

As for boost lag...ask jdmcb7 if he felt any boost lag. Although i do have more power than 2point6 its the gear ratio that will come more into play.

And as for n/a vs turbo. I understand n/a has instant torque but when its only 140wtq-185wtq it can be surpassed by a turbo car that ends up making 230-260wtq 300-400rpm later. Take the h22 prelude vs 2nd gen GST...the 2g has 10more horsepower or so and they run just about the same 1/4 mile times.

Regardless, time slips to come...
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                              n/a is good for getting speed out of a daily driver.
                              When you have a badass all motor car, doesn't your gas mileage go to shit? Has anyone ever asked 2point6 how many miles he gets to a gallon?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Working...
                              X