Ran my H22 Coupe last night at Firebird Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your car dynoed on that ecu, and ill be amazed if you pass the 170's
    You don't have to go as far as hondata, a p28 on crome and a proper tune, not only will a night and day difference, proper tune will make the car consume less gas and make more power

If you can afford hondata go for it

A proper tune will be the end of all your problems
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      Get your car dynoed on that ecu, and ill be amazed if you pass the 170's
      You don't have to go as far as hondata, a p28 on crome and a proper tune, not only will a night and day difference, proper tune will make the car consume less gas and make more power

If you can afford hondata go for it

A proper tune will be the end of all your problems
      yeah i highly doubt it makes more than 180whp with my mods if I'm only running high 15s.

What do you think ballpark something like that might cost? 500? I could probably recoup some of the cost by selling my P13 to someone who needs one.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Depending on your abilities, you could potentially buy and chip a P28 yourself for less than $50 if you shop smart. Then the cost to tune it on a dyno would depend on what the technician charges. I've seen dyno tunes run from $80/hr to $200/hr... and some are a flat rate.
        With a little studying, and a few extra tools (maybe even some borrowed...) you could do a decent street tune yourself. N/A isn't terribly unsafe to tune as a beginner (you just don't want to mess with turbo, as a bad tune can blow that motor up!) A decent street tune won't extract every bit of power, but it will certainly give you a bump.

The stock H22A, no mods whatsoever, should be making 160-165whp. With your mods, you could be over 180... but with wear and tear on that engine, simply from being old and used... and the fact that the P13 runs pig rich, and seems to only get richer with additional mods, who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Depending on your abilities, you could potentially buy and chip a P28 yourself for less than $50 if you shop smart. Then the cost to tune it on a dyno would depend on what the technician charges. I've seen dyno tunes run from $80/hr to $200/hr... and some are a flat rate.
          With a little studying, and a few extra tools (maybe even some borrowed...) you could do a decent street tune yourself. N/A isn't terribly unsafe to tune as a beginner (you just don't want to mess with turbo, as a bad tune can blow that motor up!) A decent street tune won't extract every bit of power, but it will certainly give you a bump.

The stock H22A, no mods whatsoever, should be making 160-165whp. With your mods, you could be over 180... but with wear and tear on that engine, simply from being old and used... and the fact that the P13 runs pig rich, and seems to only get richer with additional mods, who knows...
          It'll run a little over rich as it gets up there in rpms most of them do. But I rather run a little rich than pig rich or worse lean and hell where you can hear marble sounds in a can coming from the engine thats a no,no. Ahh I still miss my cb Ahhwell atleast I have the other car.

Comment

Most of the loss of time was due to the temps broski, here in vegas we get about the same temp as u guys in arinzona do. my car runs like a champ when its like 80F or below....

Comment

Look into neptune. Its less expensive but has more features
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Do you still deal with Neptune, Blake? I noticed you don't say that in your sig anymore...

Comment

Has the car been properly tuned, or just parts thrown on?
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    Has the car been properly tuned, or just parts thrown on?
                    I had him just do a generic adjustment for the ECU parameters. I should probably get a tune. But I wanted to make it worthwhile and do it once I had upgraded cams and a bigger throttle body

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

personally I would look into s300, because with flash roms they tend to forget, at least mine did,but could of just been bad chips, plus, well in my case no shop would touch a flash rom for that exact reason, they didn't want to waste my money, but you have a lot more ppl who tune down there, but if you can afford cams tb, and 600-650 for the ecu and s300 do that

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Do you still deal with Neptune, Blake? I noticed you don't say that in your sig anymore...
                        Yea, just not as much nowadays. Im hoping to get a promotion to store manager in the mext year or so. Do that for awhile and reevaluate my goals. Maybe if i make the amount of money that is possible, i can buy a dyno.
                        www.850fab.com
                        IG - @850Fab
                        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          I had esp mounts and my ar hopped like crazy even hearing the rear one after a couple runs so i invested in hasport ones since the insert is way bigger. They is 62a urethane. i drive this car as my dd sometimes so i cant go super stiff
                          Why hasport I would have filled the stocki ones with mcmastercar . My old shit held up til like 450whp when I had my h22 full build.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                            Why hasport I would have filled the stocki ones with mcmastercar . My old shit held up til like 450whp when I had my h22 full build.
                            They're a local company, plus they traded me straight across for my ESP mounts in exchange for billet aluminum mounts.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                            X