This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 vs 300zx

Well!! My buddy drives a 300zx 1992 manual with bolts on and new engine from tigerjapanese.. he ran a cb7 with a h22 and beat him by a bumper on Sunday. I had just installed a t2t4 tranny with 8lb flywheel n clutch so I wanted to run. Ever Sunday its cars night so we were all pumped up lol. We went to a place were there is no cars at all. The 300zx honked at three going 25mph and we go off, I start jumping him in second and in third I have him a full car infront. I could not believe it to honest lol both times we ran I won. My accord has f22a non vtec with 230k miles but surfaced head and I/h/e. I justed want you guys to know that f22s are a great engine and strong with proper work. I want to run the h22 accord next in a safe place
    i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Cool story bro!!!

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

^ Post count whore much?

Was something wrong with the H?
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-10-2011, 01:23 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
        Cool story bro!!!
        agreed. Later I'll post my racing story about beating an Evo with my 92 with I/H/E...
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          ^ Post count whore much?

Was something wrong with the H?
          Yeah bro.. the problem was he dropped a h22 lol jk no bro he tied with a 1999 prelude with chiped p28 n I/e/h. Bisimoto is a smart man working with f22s

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            agreed. Later I'll post my racing story about beating an Evo with my 92 with I/H/E...
            Tell us bro!!

Comment

A stock H22 will murder a bolt on F22 an should have walked the dog on you, and 300z guy.Either there is something extremely wrong with his H set up or he can't drive at all.Something like 1 sec shifts or he wasn't racing to start with.Everybody beats cars they shouldn't every now an then, but there is usually some sort of issue with it or the driver....... most cars could use a driver mod.Good driver+Good h22=Both of you guys playing catch up after he has done lifted.
              Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 08-10-2011, 04:05 AM.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4boy View Post
                Tell us bro!!
                Seriously? Come on, hello McFly!?
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

the 300zx was non turbo right? then you definitely should of walked it like that because there heavy as all hell. the non turbo ones dont have a good pwr/weight ratio compared to a cb7. so the h22 accord had a bad driver.
                  Last edited by 92accordcb7ex; 08-10-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

should have done the race from a standstill instead. i don't see why do it from a roll. Moving right along, i think its a mixture of bad driver and the H had a F-trans
                    '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

F22a4- Hey, easy there big guy. Don't get me wrong, I am partial to the f motor but a properly setup h stock motor will eat a stock f motor for lunch. Easy big guy.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I have had race very similar to this one years ago. Fully stock 300zx N/A 5spd with exhaust and aftermarket air filter on 18s versus a f22a6 sedan 5spd with k/n air filter and stock exhaust. I would walk that 300zx everytime no questions asked. Something that helps is knowing when to shift and how to do it. Its not all about redline every gear. Everything has its right way of doing. Never did i ever redline my f22 when racing that 300.

Comment

Nice story F22 are some good running engine

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

I did not expect for some guys to believe me the 300zx is not stock its tuned and has a more stuff and yes that h22 doeshave the m2b4 tranny the original h tranny you guys forgot that I said he tied with the prelude lol its ok I didn't mean disrespect you h owners just wanted to show how people dislike f22s and their the best engine to work with ask bisimoto if you don't believe me lol

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4boy View Post
                              I did not expect for some guys to believe me the 300zx is not stock its tuned and has a more stuff and yes that h22 doeshave the m2b4 tranny the original h tranny you guys forgot that I said he tied with the prelude lol its ok I didn't mean disrespect you h owners just wanted to show how people dislike f22s and their the best engine to work with ask bisimoto if you don't believe me lol
                              Dude 90% of us have F22s no one is hating on them.Beating a heavy under powered 300zx is believable.The 300zx beating a H swap accord is not.Facts don't lie 130whp bolt on F vs a 180whp H well you do the math.Like we said either his set up is shit or hes a shitty driver plan an simple.Bolt on H's with great tunes are producing over 200whp no bolt on F22 will even get close to those numbers.
                              An yes most of us know bisi, and have done business with them.But hes shit is far from a stock F22 very very very very far, so idk why you keep bringing it up.Saying its the best engine is an opinion.
                              Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 08-11-2011, 03:32 AM.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X