This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slaughtered by a 335xi

So I kind of knew what I was getting into when I pulled up next to the guy but I just wanted to see how he would react to the beat up Honda pulling up on him. It was a red 2011 BMW 335xi, the twin turbo, awd beast that bmw sells now. He obviously slaughtered me, doing maybe 75 by the time I got into 3rd but it was cool seeing a nice car driven harshly. Doing a little research on it, they put out only 300 horsepower and a 0-60 of 5.3 seconds. Just out of curiosity, does anyone with a built CB have any times or numbers close to that? I want to know if it would be reasonable to pursue a goal of 300whp on my car. I have a basic plan for the build but I'm not quite sure my car would compare (performance speaking) to a newer high end car.
    Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
    So I kind of knew what I was getting into when I pulled up next to the guy but I just wanted to see how he would react to the beat up Honda pulling up on him. It was a red 2011 BMW 335xi, the twin turbo, awd beast that bmw sells now. He obviously slaughtered me, doing maybe 75 by the time I got into 3rd but it was cool seeing a nice car driven harshly. Doing a little research on it, they put out only 300 horsepower and a 0-60 of 5.3 seconds. Just out of curiosity, does anyone with a built CB have any times or numbers close to that? I want to know if it would be reasonable to pursue a goal of 300whp on my car. I have a basic plan for the build but I'm not quite sure my car would compare (performance speaking) to a newer high end car.

Well the H22 with the accord trans is good for 7secs give or take on the healthyness of the H22, tires, used, and suspention... Mine has 240K+ on the chassy, stock busted ass suspention. And will at least eek out a 0-60 at 7secs depending on how i launch... I would place my car mid to low 15's, never ran it... Only edvidence I have is...

http://www.youtube.com/tjgcreations

Now. The 335xi 09 is rated at a quarter of around 13.7secs and a 0-60 of 5secs. NO Stock h22 could touch that...

However, a tune, decent header, f22 stroker kit, set of cams of choice, and h22 trans with lsd I would be willing to bet would place you damn close to that... Assuming with tires that could plant the power...

It would take a lot to get the f22 na to move the accord into the 13's... Better to boost.

As for 300hp under the hood... Ur best bet is boost but it wnt take 300hp to reach high thirteens unless ur using the accord trans...

Also, comming from a Valet... These new high end cars have ass... Most of them will make the stock h22 sweat...

There are a few on here that have cars as powerfull as u speak of..
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

My friend has a 335 coupe. Badazz car. It has it all; looks, power, and luxury. The linear power output of the engine from 1500 RPM to 6000K is so cool. The drawback of the car is the weight. It is pretty heavy. I believe it's a mid-13-sec car.

Anyway, what do you have in your car? As light as our cars are, you don't really need that much power. I would guess a well-tuned 230-250WHP engine in the Accord chassis would do pretty well against it. Definitely possible.

Comment

Well right now I have the stock f22a6 and the only future plans for my car include bodywork, suspension parts and intake/header. But I'm looking around my area for wrecks so I can pick up an f20c out of an S2000 or a Prelude engine. Mainly I'm in the planning stages with way more ideas than money at the moment

Comment

wow...tell me I just did NOT read those responses..
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post

Comment

Pwnd

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Well right now I have the stock f22a6 and the only future plans for my car include bodywork, suspension parts and intake/header. But I'm looking around my area for wrecks so I can pick up an f20c out of an S2000 or a Prelude engine. Mainly I'm in the planning stages with way more ideas than money at the moment
                This guy...

Um... In ur case man... Get 1500$ together... READ READ READ, and boost that mofo, dnt spect her to last too long... 2years is decent...

Personally i wouldnt worry bout rust... Damn that rusted accord just schooled me vs.... hmmm clean ride, not surprising its quick.
                My System
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

f20c out of an S2000
                  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

omg i think i peed a little.

this is EVERYWHERE else in the forum, but the F20c IS NOT the same as out F series engines, its a different beast with the same series mark-up, the engine is seated "sideways" as compared to ours (i.e. the pulleys and belt face the front) and it spins the opposite way not to mention that the tranny is an RWD tranny, it will take a shit-ton of work to get it done, and as fas i know only InlinePRO has been able to match an F20C to an FWD tranny (K series)
                  http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7874...na-f20c-build/

but shit if you want more power to you...

to the OP
                  there are several members here dropping over 300hp on their CB7's my advice do some research on the topic, just waiting for Deev's input on this lol
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                    "responses"? lol .. just the OP in and of itself .. oiiii ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

ok I understand I'm a bit of a noob about this stuff, and I really didn't know the f20c was inline with tranny either. I'm just hoping I can get the clean look that I see on a lot of the members rides and then start focusing on solid power. I work two jobs already but I'm getting ready to go to a college where people are less worried about how fast a car is and more concerned with how it looks. Mainly I want to bide my time until I do find a good deal on a wreck and can salvage a usable vtec 2.2 engine.

Comment

ok I understand I'm a bit of a noob about this stuff, and I really didn't know the f20c was inline with tranny either. I'm just hoping I can get the clean look that I see on a lot of the members rides and then start focusing on solid power. I work two jobs already but I'm getting ready to go to a college where people are less worried about how fast a car is and more concerned with how it looks. Mainly I want to bide my time until I do find a good deal on a wreck and can salvage a usable vtec 2.2 engine.
                        you can get an H22 package from hmo for about $2000
                        hmototrsonline.com
                        Originally posted by scudweiser
                        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                          "responses"? lol .. just the OP in and of itself .. oiiii ...
                          I know right.

I think the rest of you guys just need to stop...seriously stop.

All this knowledge right now is giving me a headache.

research before you spew.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

indeed...

I only race cars I know I can actually put up a fight with...I mean you cannot gauge how "good" your crappy family sedan is against a twin turbo BMW...not going to happen. Even a mustang gt will rape you...if you're all stock...which you don't say so I will assume you are.

if you race a vette or a bmw and like...KEEP up...that is cool...but why go picking fights with MMA fighters when you can't compete?

Stick with slow cars while you drive a slow car...and don't waste the big boys time like this, it makes us all look a little worse. Wait till you CAN give them a challenge and not just a laugh.

I know I can beat cavaliers, echos, sunfires, and n/a eclipses...but...so what LOL
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              indeed...

I only race cars I know I can actually put up a fight with...I mean you cannot gauge how "good" your crappy family sedan is against a twin turbo BMW...not going to happen. Even a mustang gt will rape you...if you're all stock...which you don't say so I will assume you are.

if you race a vette or a bmw and like...KEEP up...that is cool...but why go picking fights with MMA fighters when you can't compete?

Stick with slow cars while you drive a slow car...and don't waste the big boys time like this, it makes us all look a little worse. Wait till you CAN give them a challenge and not just a laugh.

I know I can beat cavaliers, echos, sunfires, and n/a eclipses...but...so what LOL
                              I pick races with random cars that I know are far superior to gauge the driver. Any rich jerk can buy a Lambo but only a true driver can take it to laguna seca. The majority of races I get into are ones I am bound to lose but all the other guy did was stoop to my level and by that I won

Comment

Working...
                              X