Drag racing scene...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag racing scene...

This is one of my all time favorite drag racing scenes. It's old but a good @ss race. I just wanted to share. Sorry if it's been seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dTq...eature=related
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

not to hack into your thread , but as i have got older i see less and less street racing meets.i have recently heard about some good stuff going down in huntsville , Alabama. the import scene is mad respectable.the owner of the local tuning shop has a VR4 Galant that runs mid 10's in a 1/4 . its mad fast .have heard he has been cleaning up cars that pull the front wheels off the ground.Back 5 years ago or so my friends and i would go load up and take some cars out to run .there was nothing more exciting than a 1/4 mile of cars parked on both sides of the road and husselling for cash .sorry OP it reminded me of the old days .lol 15 years ago.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I'm not big into street racing but about 13 years ago my father has videos of the street races he and his friends would go to. They had a ton of cars lined up and would run Rt. 15 backwards at night! One of the videos does show a horrible car accident that happend which stopped the racing there. Both people in the car died(72 Datsun with 3tc motor) and the other driver survived(looked like a 90 corolla?) Anyway I will see if I can get the camera working and try to transfer the tapes into dvds to upload on youtube

Comment

I'm not big into street racing. It's too dangerous on public roads. Maybe a deserted air strip would be nice, but the track will always suffice for me. I just love that scene. Actually, that whole episode.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

What a waste of a perfectly good 68-69 Chevelle.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
            What a waste of a perfectly good 68-69 Chevelle.
            If the choice was yours, which car would you take?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              If the choice was yours, which car would you take?
              I wouldn't ruin a classic muscle car for that movie. Actually that seems to be a trend in Hollywood these days to ruin perfectly good old muscle cars. The Other Guys trashed two perfectly good 1971 Chevelles for example.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                I wouldn't ruin a classic muscle car for that movie. Actually that seems to be a trend in Hollywood these days to ruin perfectly good old muscle cars. The Other Guys trashed two perfectly good 1971 Chevelles for example.

Oh well.
                I was referring to which car would you prefer as to have as your own.

Me personally, I want that '57.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

what movie was that?
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                    what movie was that?
                    It was one of the best Tales From The Crypt Episodes circa '92.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

every sunday night here they all race. but it gets busted all the time. haha
                      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                        every sunday night here they all race. but it gets busted all the time. haha
                        Lol damn I stopped going to the races because there is not alot of people worth racing there for one. Two the cops are all around not to say that I dont get good gas-mileage but after going to the track.

I rather race at a spot that is not so notorious and is perfectly legal at that time,instead of at a spot which is all well too known and your more likely to get caught.

Comment

better caught then dead

They did that here in boise.

There was a WONDERFUL place for street racing, it is a one entrance road about a mile long, probably wide enough for 4 cars parked side by side, completely lit up, and with plenty of parking before the start line. This means all cars and people that are not racing are behind the start line. You can see the whole way down the street, so there is no reason to be further anyway.

The problem is that the location can be seen from the interstate, so highway patrol always called it in and a cop came out to break it up. NOT ONCE was anyone ticketed and it was literally the safest illegal street racing I had ever seen.

However since people didn't like getting harassed, they moved locations and are now an a barely wide enough for 2 cars road with no lights, and it is uber dangerous. I refuse to even go out there.

I seriously hate that people moved locations. I understand that street racing is illegal, but it was literally the safest I had ever seen it performed. There were two trained NHRA safety techs that actually looked over any car that appeared quick enough to merit it, but pretty much everyone that raced there were turds, like 13.99 and slower, but that was the best part. Turd races are awesome to watch. There was maybe one fast match up a night and that was usually organized online before people even went out there.

I do not condone street racing, but if it is going to happen it should happen like that.

OH, and from what I heard 10 years ago or so there was literally no street racing in boise, everyone went to the track. But the track which was built out in literally the middle of no where (20 miles or so outside of town) soon had houses popping up around it. Now the track was there first, but seen people who bought these houses started complaining about the noise....

Go figure huh, the drag strip is loud! Well after some fighting with the city of boise, Firebird, our strip lost the ability to hold races after dark. So that means that it gets shut down by like 9. This sucked HUGE for them as their biggest event was called NIGHT FIRE, and guess what can't happen any more. The track lost money and people started to street race. All because people bought houses near a drag strip and then complained about it.

Sorry for the long post.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                            They did that here in boise.

There was a WONDERFUL place for street racing, it is a one entrance road about a mile long, probably wide enough for 4 cars parked side by side, completely lit up, and with plenty of parking before the start line. This means all cars and people that are not racing are behind the start line. You can see the whole way down the street, so there is no reason to be further anyway.

The problem is that the location can be seen from the interstate, so highway patrol always called it in and a cop came out to break it up. NOT ONCE was anyone ticketed and it was literally the safest illegal street racing I had ever seen.

However since people didn't like getting harassed, they moved locations and are now an a barely wide enough for 2 cars road with no lights, and it is uber dangerous. I refuse to even go out there.

I seriously hate that people moved locations. I understand that street racing is illegal, but it was literally the safest I had ever seen it performed. There were two trained NHRA safety techs that actually looked over any car that appeared quick enough to merit it, but pretty much everyone that raced there were turds, like 13.99 and slower, but that was the best part. Turd races are awesome to watch. There was maybe one fast match up a night and that was usually organized online before people even went out there.

I do not condone street racing, but if it is going to happen it should happen like that.

OH, and from what I heard 10 years ago or so there was literally no street racing in boise, everyone went to the track. But the track which was built out in literally the middle of no where (20 miles or so outside of town) soon had houses popping up around it. Now the track was there first, but seen people who bought these houses started complaining about the noise....

Go figure huh, the drag strip is loud! Well after some fighting with the city of boise, Firebird, our strip lost the ability to hold races after dark. So that means that it gets shut down by like 9. This sucked HUGE for them as their biggest event was called NIGHT FIRE, and guess what can't happen any more. The track lost money and people started to street race. All because people bought houses near a drag strip and then complained about it.

Sorry for the long post.
                            Don't apologize. Good read. We had a similar set up like that years ago in Philly called Passyunk Ave. It was lined with junk yards on both side for about 1/2 mile long and 4 lanes wide (2 in each direction). At night that street was dead except for some local traffic here and there. It was cool until the modernization changes took effect.

However, it was still dangerous, but people were also careful; well, at least as careful you can try to be at an illegal street race.

Anyway, I would love to have a track here in Philly, but...

Also, the clip in the OP, they were racing on a deserted air strip. I need to find one of those and buy the property. IDEA!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

We use to race here in everett wa just out side of boeing plunty of parking and lots of road to race down but some kid decided to bet pinks and lost his car and then pulled an gun an started shooting so the cops stoped letting us race they wont even let us have meets in parking lots at night anymore...
                              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Working...
                              X