running at lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running at lights

anyone think it's crazy that you can get done for street racing just doing a little sprint at traffic lights. say you just want to compare your car to a new one thats meant to be fast.

I don't think straight line necesarrily means a cars faster. but it's shocking you can get done for street racing if you don't have an accident but tempt the person next to you to go full pace. perhaps neither car breaks traction or the speed limit. upto $3300 in fines and a 6 month loss of license and whatever else goes with it.

hasn't happened yet. but it's always a thought in the back of my mind. also everytime i ever do run at lights i never really break the speed limit. but the other person often does to get infront and change into my lane when they get infront which is very annoying.
    I never race it's just how i drive normally actually.

i wouldn't classify anything as street racing unless you have an agreed end point. or have money involved.
    is it viewed the same where you live?

just as long as you don't see any cops waiting for you at the next stop light or camera then it's ok and always know roads that get these event always people getting caught( i avoid those roads)..usually me and my friends accord do it all the time on main roads( drag, swerve)...NOW!!! i do it rarely since my car started loosing to a cd5 and a 96 civic and i have rev my car so high often...i feel like im giving here torture.!!!
    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

In Ohio, they're pushing for a new law that makes it up to the officer's discretion Which I considre BS, I usually leave the lights at about 1.8 throttle, and I still pull away like I'm going WOT, if it passes, I could be tagged for street racing). It states in the law that street racing is any use of a motor vehicle on a public road that isn't the intended use of the road. You don't even have to have another car involved (which is also total BS. Ticket me for speeding if there's not another car)

Any time you compete against another car on a public road, it's street racing, regardless of how fast you run or when you let off.

Comment

I you race before you do make sure none of the authorities are around ,and make sure you dont spin tires and keep clear of traffic.

Once you hit that speed limit let off the throttle. they cant really say you were breaking the speed limit. but they can hear your car. That isnt enough to break a ticket. Also a dashcam can help too.

Comment

Working...
        X