CB7 Vs Z32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Vs Z32

So before we begin let's backtrack to about a week ago.....

I was coming home from night school and since it's past 7:30 and all the little VA State Police are tucked in their beds, I decide to have some fun. I do a few light pulls(nothing hard), do some agile lane changes, etc. I know we are supposed to be all prim and proper but sometimes you just have to let loose.

So as I get closer to the city limits I run up on this Z32 Fairlady. I take a glance at the car, wondering what's done to it other than the obvious larger exhausts in the rear. I don't hear a blow off valve as we climb the hill so I'm pretty sure it's the non turbo 3.0. I continue minding my business and proceed along my way. Then, he rushes to catch up with me. As all tuners know there is strength in numbers....the more of us speeding the less likely the troopers are willing to pursue, and since I'm doing 90 in a 65-70 a little help is appreciated. But he's doing more than that, he's dancing around me in a taunting/competitive fashion. I'm guessing he wants to run but being on the dark part of the highway with deer, slower cars, etc lying in wait I remain patient. As we get into the city limits we encounter a Mustang GT with a spirited driver. He's driving slower though so we're right up on him. As the highway goes 4 wide we take the outside's and pass on through. He speeds up though to gain position. The Z32 lines up with the Mustang and I line up with them both. The Z32 was pretty confident until I lined up, or maybe his buddy in the car changed his mind. The Mustang wouldn't go anyways so I challenge him head on. I dare him to make the first move but nothing happens. He looks over at me and then at his friend....still nothing. After about 2 miles he changes lane's and exits.

But tonight....

I'm cruising the road having some fun and what was bizarre to me but at the same exact point on the road I encounter the Z32 yet again, this time with no passenger. We tear up the dark road on the way to the city and I bide my time yet again for the 4 wide open lanes of the city limits. I pull off, and flash my hazards saying let's go. He accelerates to catch me. Then we line up, I downshift to 4th doing about 75, I honk honk honk, then hit 3rd and redline it.....he didn't even matter, like seriously.

While getting the opportunity of raping any car of Fairlady lineage I'll gladly accept, I was actually hoping for more. I realize these cars are about 600lbs heavier than our chassis, but they have 2 extra cylinders and more power than my H from the factory. Maybe he just sucks at driving? Let me know you guy's opinions.
    Last edited by Joey GT-R; 12-15-2010, 01:25 AM.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

NA 300zx are so slow i mean there def nothing to brag about.Mid 10 sec car in the 8th with a straight.Now a TT is a whole diffrent world about a sec to a sec and half better than the NAs.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

nice story bro . + 10 on the kill. god i love out running cars that should be faster than the cb.nothing better than that.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Just a FYI z32 weighs 3200-3600lbs and stock crank hp is 222hp and 190's tq.
        Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Well I guess now I need to seek out a Twin Turbo Fairlady and see what's up. Maybe I'll even run a brand spankin new Z34 Fairlady and see what the outcome will be. The base model is 3200 lbs and I imagine the higher packages especially the convertible push close to 3700 lbs.

Comment

^ 330 brake, 270 ft/lbs. 0-60 in about 5 seconds I think, quarter in about 13.5... I don't know. What have you done to your H?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Not much but some bolt ons. I need to dune the damn thing and see where I'm at. If I could maybe add some cams and have like maybe 230whp, I might be able to take em on for sure.

Comment

The guy in the Z wasn't racing. Clearly.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

I think the Z was just designed for the fast and furiousers.

it has some style to its looks, but no practicality anywhere else.

overall perception - slow, compared to what it should be for being a car made in 2003 era.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                    I think the Z was just designed for the fast and furiousers.

it has some style to its looks, but no practicality anywhere else.

overall perception - slow, compared to what it should be for being a car made in 2003 era.
                    If you read his post and know anything about Z's you would see that he is talking about the 300zx which is the Z32, which was in production from 90-97.

And the Z33 is slow compared to what other cars in the same class and price range?

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Originally posted by CB7/KA8 View Post
                      If you read his post and know anything about Z's you would see that he is talking about the 300zx which is the Z32, which was in production from 90-97.

And the Z33 is slow compared to what other cars in the same class and price range?
                      all, I beat them with my h22 all the time! I just really hate the design of a Z.
                      makes me go "blehhht"
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

I just think the weight is what holds it back. But it is more then possible to beat a z32 with a h22 cb7 as long as the z isn't a tt model. I can speak from experience that a h22 accord can also beat/keep up with a z33 as well. Depending on the year and model of the z.

Comment

Working...
                        X