My Stock F22a4 cb7 vs Dodge Stratus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Stock F22a4 cb7 vs Dodge Stratus

So I'm comming home from eating last night and I have my roomate with me. I'm just talking and as I come up to the light I get in the left turn lane. It was pretty crowed for being 9:30PM so I just signaled and got in the lane and made my turn. Aparently the guy behind me thought I cut him off or something (ok...maybe i did )

As I came out of the turn this Dodge Stratus, the guy behind me, tries to fly past me on a two-lane (two each way) road. This, btw, is a really fun road to drive the speed limit is 45MPH and is quite curvey. So I punch the gas because I'm in the mood. He and I are side by side all the way up to 65MPH untill I have to slam on the breaks so I don't go karining into the truck in front of me. So I slow down and change lanes to get behind him and I keep up with him, riding his ass, through each of the curves. We keep a nice pace around 70MPH and finaly on a left curve (I was on the outside) I passed him at 80. Got infront of him and then we stoped at the upcomming light (it condensed into a one lane each way road). It was a lot of fun.

The irony was that while waiting at that light a cop went past

Just for kicks I went home and researched the model I was up against. It had a base model engine @ 135HP and my f22a4 is maxed @ 130. So it was really even.

Damn, I had a lot of fun. The adrinline rush was awesome. The curves made that race fun.
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Nice going cb7 > dodge stratus any day, even though they may have a slight power advantage.

Those type of curving roads are so much fun to drive on. I know one close to where I live and everytime I drive it I really feel like getting on the gas and pushing it a bit. Would love to have a lil bit of a race going there like you did lol.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

nice kill, I have fucken killed one of those before

Comment

IF it was the V6 model, you would've had some trouble they have the same engine in them as the Eclipse GT. Nice kill though! Be careful on the streets!

Comment

Ya, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I know the limits of my car in turns but yes, saftey is always top priority. Ya, it was a fun kill =D

edit:
          it wouldn't have even been a chance if I had my H22...but...se la vi
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

I raced a stratus a week ago in my f22a6 2 door killed his ass.

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
            bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Beware what you say bout stratus cause v6 SXT come along and you'll get killed. Like 226 hp stock. Same as 3.5L intrepid which we have one and it'll slam you to your seat. Only stratus is lighter so will be even better.
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                Beware what you say bout stratus cause v6 SXT come along and you'll get killed. Like 226 hp stock. Same as 3.5L intrepid which we have one and it'll slam you to your seat. Only stratus is lighter so will be even better.
                I raced a dodge avenger with A 3.5 v6 and won but I have A 160 hp 2 door.

Dynamic racing

Comment

hahaha my mom has a 2003 dodge stratus SXT, they have like 142 HP stock. hers is the 2.4 liter. i drive that thing hard as i can all the time. its fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                    I like to see A stratus try and keep up with me.

Dynamic racing

Comment

What are your mods? One of those would give ME a run!

I haven't seen a 226hp stratus (though I have heard about them... no specs on the Dodge site, so it's not a new model...) The SXT is the crap one. The R/T is the one to watch out for. They have the V6 engine that puts out 200hp and 190lb/ft at like 4000 rpm. NOT a car to mess with with a stock F22 The H22 powered CB7 would have to rely on the weight difference and shorter gearing to stand a chance.

Comment

yeah the most HP they come with is 200.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/n...x.cfm/id/37546

my moms came with the 2.4 DOHC. and the coupe R/T's look freeking awesome too.

Comment

What are your mods? One of those would give ME a run!

I haven't seen a 226hp stratus (though I have heard about them... no specs on the Dodge site, so it's not a new model...) The SXT is the crap one. The R/T is the one to watch out for. They have the V6 engine that puts out 200hp and 190lb/ft at like 4000 rpm. NOT a car to mess with with a stock F22 The H22 powered CB7 would have to rely on the weight difference and shorter gearing to stand a chance.
                          stock my car had 140 hp f22a6 and with basic bolt ons I got 162.

Dynamic racing

Comment

How does a Dodge Stratus SE compare with a near stock accord? Accord would be 5 speed while stratus is 4 speed, I'm guessing that there would probably be certain speed ranges where each car would be faster just because of gear ratios. I think once the stratus hits 3rd gear it would be slower because it's a really tall gear in many 4 speed automatics.

Comment

well my moms stratus REALLY has some kick as soon as it hits like 4,000 RPM....which is obvisouly because of the DOHC, it kind of feels like vtec...but i dunno.its still a stratus.

Comment

Working...
                              X