Pontiac Gto trying to pick a race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pontiac Gto trying to pick a race

okay so im leaving Carls jr with my two cousins and theres this lil white boy in his Daddys GTO (new model) im in my integra now my teggy is bone stock but has a 2in drop and 8k hids. idk what his car had but it sounded crazy!!!! i leave the parking lot and this guy is reving his engine and flashing his high beams now this guy was getting on my nerves so i try to ignore him we drive down the road and this guy honks his horn and rolls his windows down and trys to get our attention so i give him the "signal" to race i honk my horn three times (from a rolling start) and this guy takes off while i just kick back and cruise i hear him down the road and i hear a loud grinding noise,we catch up and oil is spilled everywhere is this guy dumb or what.we drove back home with some six dollar burgers in our belly s happy the end.LOL
    Nerotenzo@aol.com

Facebook me

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Nerotenzo

when my accord was completely gutted, I mean everything but the front seats and dash, I was driving it to work one day. This was when my car was in it's final coat of primer and I had just blocked it out. I was taking it to work to paint it. I'm talking no door handles, no skirts, no bumpers, no rear side windows, no interior, not even pillar trim or headliner. Just door glass, headlights, side mirrors, and tail lights. Only stuff that makes my car "legal" to be on the road.

I was driving down hwy 60 taking backroads to work when I saw a newer GTO pulling out of a ritsy ditsy driveway. I happened to have just passed a truck that was going slow and decided to continue accelerating. I was doing about 115 mph when I saw this GTO and started slowing down cause my turn was coming up. I turned onto Hwy N and headed south. Next thing I know, this GTO is on my tail. We were on a flat stretch of road early in the morning and he pulled out to pass me. I downshifted into third and he barely had enough to pass me, I slowed down cause a turn was coming up. With him in front I was on his tail all the while till we came to an unfamiliar section of road and he gained on me. Come to find out, he waited for me at the next stop sign. I heard him rev his engine, then drop it into first. I was right on his rear bumper all the way through third gear. He barely pulled on me in fourth, and a little more in fifth. Next thing I know he's waving to me and turing right where I was going straight. To this day I don't even know if he realized he was up against a 4 cyl accord since my car was so stripped down at the time, almost unrecognizeable.

What an adrenaline rush! It was a 6.0 manual GTO. Maybe I'll find him again someday!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Nerocb7, that's hilarious. I bet daddy was pissed that junior broke his car! It was most likely all his fault, too... because those GTOs, unlike most GM products of the time, are actually very well made cars.
      Why anyone would be stupid enough to try to pick a race with a little 4 cylinder Honda in a big V8 is beyond me. Unless the Honda is turbo, or has a LOT done to it, chances are some random kid on the street isn't going to be able to compete. Aside from the NSX, Honda doesn't really make cars that run the quarter mile faster than 14 seconds in stock form. None of the 4 cylinders, anyway.

Wherm, was that with your F22A? Or were you swapped? That's impressive that you were able to keep up so well. Like me in my GTP when I raced a G35. I didn't expect to stick with the guy until 65mph from a dead stop, but somehow I did! We were both shocked. He started to pull as my 3800 ran out of breath, though. It's a nice engine down low, but bring it up high, and it's like an athsmatic sumo wrestlerd doing zumba.

Comment

the reason why they are made so well is because its just a rebadged Holden Monaro, it weighs 3725lbs lol it has 400hp 6.0 v8 in the 05-06 ones and 04 had a 350hp 5.7l V8

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Yeah. It has one of GM's best engines, in a body made by a company that DOESN'T have a reputation for making crap cars.

Why is it that all American companies (well, Ford and GM at least) make better cars overseas, or through their non-US holdings?

Comment

Im Guilty of doing so. I got a G8 GT since my accord been down. I was heading to import faceoff with a couple more of my car club members.(Cl type S, V6 accord) when out of no where a civic arouse from the abiss. He sat at my door and i heard him spooling and i looked at him and smiled. He shot off and i waited bout 30 seconds till he was bout 4 or 5 cars from me to decided if i would brighten up his day. So i decided to and i came past him and all he did was smile as i was passing. so we get to the show and its a quarter mile track and we can run anything. So i walk around and i see the car and ask if he wants to get on the track. He laughs and says hell now lol. i guess im a v8 bully but i wish i was in my accord though. thought id share.

Comment

You heard a turbo, so at least you weren't picking on a bone stock car (and he also started with you...) That's not bad. It's when the V8 guys mess with the bone stock 4cyl imports that gets to me.

Comment

i race stock civics all day long cause im a boss.....

jk yea it just as annoying when your at a redlight in a v8 and a stock civic revs at you. Then when the light turns green he takes off and throws on the flashers to say " I won". This has happened twice now.

Comment

I saw a thing about the Holden online. Its so heavy because of the beefed up frame and suspension it has to have to handle Austraila's nasty roads.
                  Originally posted by nine_deuce
                  What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
                  91 ex auto-sold!
                  92 lx wagon-sold!
                  92 ex parts car-sold!

I NEED ANOTHER CB PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE LOCAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol nice. I raced a GTO right after I got my intake on my stock 91 accord. the guys was older, rolled down his window and said nice looking car anything done to it? said yeah intake that it. he then asked if I want to race said sure...but it's a stock 4 banger family car but we can go lol. so we nice dig race from the red light. lol as soon as I saw the rear end sink and the front start lifting on his car it was already over lol. it was fun and at the next light the guy was surprised how well it did and how it sounded... if yall have ever had just an intake with stock exhaust it sounds nice and deep, and at least the guy was kool and not dick.
                    lol when I hear stories of v8 dumbasses it remind me of last Texas meet we had...after we had done our mountain run we were chilling on the side of the road talking when this mid 90's v8 stang decided to show off his awesomeness, and tried to do a burn out, which resulted in him spinning out and jump and lane divider and they shamefully sped off. everyone at the meet was just staring in disbelief at what that asshat had just done.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

right on man thats fun to just kick back and watch those artrards make asses out of themselves.

i am building my CB to laugh at those V8 quater chubs when they try to tske me on

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                      91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                      funds for swap:$000.00
                      Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                      Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

thats great!
                        Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          You heard a turbo, so at least you weren't picking on a bone stock car (and he also started with you...) That's not bad. It's when the V8 guys mess with the bone stock 4cyl imports that gets to me.
                          I'd love to see one of those V8 guys (we all know them as the ass hats)try and pick on Bisi and his civic wagon. As soon as someone is dumb enough to do it, I hope he posts up HIS story in this section.

As for the GTO blowing up, it's kinda sad because as much as I don't favor the body style of them, mechanically they are such amazing cars. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
                          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

ok i have had nuthin but 4 bangers for cars. my cb7 has been a very good runner, lotsa mods but no turbo. i get lots of V8s wanting to race. my buddie at work has new dodge 5.7l hemi truck with full exhaust and a cold air i setup for him. he keep talking shit and well all his hemi saw were my taillights. check profile for my cars mods.

Comment

Freshly swapped I raced two cars. A corvette and a new GTO. I got ate both times. Sometimes you just cant win. However, I'd like to see how I hang this time around.

Your story just proves how much Karma can be....a bitch.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                              X