Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runnin' Tomorrow..ne Help?

check it...

place: more than mile of road...some dirt/sand/debris...

me: automatic 93' lx w/ AEM coldair, megan exhaust, teins, stock steelies bfgoodrich tires...

vs

friend: 94 civic coupe supposedly gsr motor (wont let me look under the hood) manual tranny. (got them coffee can holes in the bumper)

vs

bro: 2002 volvo s40 1.9T pretty much stock but w/ k&n filter...auto tranny

possible outcomes...launch techniques to help?

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

that civic will eat u alive if its running a gsr motor..

and the volvos r tricky.. i deno which ones r turbocharged..

id say power brake to 3rpm and just gun it... not much we autos can do in racing

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

yup...my ass is pretty much gonna get raped...hmmn..fill it up w/ 91..yeeyaal..and some octance booster....thats like 100hp..HAHAH! damn sad my car...

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

sorry to say but i think its gunna go:

1:volvo
        2:civic
        3:cb7

pray for them to like pass out or something before u launch. hehe

Comment

I don't think I'd drag race on a road that has dirt/sand and debris on it. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. You can only imagine what would happen if someone lost traction and spun out going over 90 to 100 mph. Why not just take it to the track?

Comment

True fushigi i agree with you...and use 87 octane nothing higher. Lower your tire pressure to around 22-27psi and launch at 3500rpm's. Do some testing first just in case thats too high and u only spin tires
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Your in trouble! LOL, Do everything they said above and manually shift gears and shift at about 5200 rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                sorry to say but i think its gunna go:

1:volvo
                2:civic
                3:cb7

pray for them to like pass out or something before u launch. hehe
                you think that volvo can beat the civic with a gsr swap? i figured the civic would be better.

Comment

nope its gonna go liek this
                  1. volvo
                  2. civic
                  3.accord
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Volvo = heavy (well, not really... lighter than the CB7)
                    Civic = owned by a liar if he won't let you see the engine
                    CB7 = autos are pretty sad racers

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do with an auto. Midnite racer x pretty much covered it. Manually shifting gears CAN help, but I've known people (like ATX) to just let the auto tranny do it's thing... He ran a 16.3 with just I/H/E doing that, I believe. You don't need higher octane, since your engine is made for 87.

My only suggestion would be to get some injector cleaner and make sure your fuel system is flowing properly. Be sure your air filter is clean, and don't race with a full tank. Race with just enough gas to get you down the strip and back to a gas station (hell, get a friend to carry a tank for you just in case!). Take out your back and passenger seats... should take you all of 15 minutes. Spare tire too. That won't make a whole lot of difference, but it might make some.

The Volvo is your biggest threat. I have a feeling that guy with the Civic is lying is ass off... The Volvo has 160hp and 177ft/lb. That's a good deal more than you, and it only weighs about 2777 lbs. If you can get a good launch, I guarantee you have more low end torque. The volvo (hopefully) won't reach it's full potential until the turbo spools (which shouldn't take long, being a small stock turbo).

IF the Civic DOES have the GSR motor, then you are screwed... Even if that kid can't drive, he'll probably win. That would be a significant weight and power advantage for him, plus the manual tranny to boot! If he has a bumpin system in there, it would even the score a little though... the GSR motor may have more hp, but it's not a torque monster. If the car is weighed down, you might get a better start. Hope for that!

Comment

we need more info about the civic!!!! i think he's bulling the shit all over there... i show my swap to everyone
                      MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                      i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                      the engine was still there...
                      ...silly light!

Comment

Working...
                      X