interesting little race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting little race

well the other day my buddies and i were going for a cruise on our days off.. and of course i had to ride bitch with my buddy in his civic hatchback because my cb is on the tear down..

but back to story

As i said we were riding in his hatch and our other buddy was in his del sol..
    Well we decided to have a little rolling start race both doing 40 or so, same gears, the 1,2,3 go race you all know.. And we start and it started out pretty equal than the del sol starts pulling than next thing we know it was 5 cars lengths away and we werent catching back up..

is it just me or shouldnt the hatch have won?

they both have the same upgrades.. exhaust/intake

and the sad part is the del sol burns ALOT of oil
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Well they're both the same engine aren't they?(D series) I assume the Delsol is lighter also. Help to know what year they were.
    Last edited by jboyce; 08-18-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

the del sol has the D16z6 right?

the hatch has a D15B7 is if it a dx or lx.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

My friend's Del Sol had a B16 VTEC in it. from the sounds of it, it just took it a second to hit VTAK

Comment

no infact the hatch has a d16y8 and the del sol has a (idk, hes not home)

and why would you think the del sol weighs less?

the hatch is smaller.. on steelies..

the del sol had its roof on/ heavy ass 17'' rims
          You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
          Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
            no infact the hatch has a d16y8 and the del sol has a (idk, hes not home)

and why would you think the del sol weighs less?

the hatch is smaller.. on steelies..

the del sol had its roof on/ heavy ass 17'' rims
            those were the ek hatches, 96-98 right?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how much do you weigh. maybe you were weighing the hatch down.
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

haha my buddy and i both weigh around 180

and the kid driving the car around 170 and the passenger was a little chunky 210 pounder lol

but the kid that owned the hatch before me buddy rigged everything lol like he had toggle switches and shit he was gonna wire to stupid stuff.. so who knows if he messed with stuff under the hood

plus they both have vtec

idk but it was jsut funny as hell my buddy was so pissed he lost to a del sol

Comment

Working...
                X