Mkiii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mkiii

I was getting out school today out in the parking lot and some guy I know wanted to run agianst me he has a Toyota supra turbo 5spd and it wasn't a kill at least no that bad as I thought. First thing I left the parking lot and chirp the tires a bit and he was behind me the whole time looking for the right time and turned into a two lane street and waited for him to get next to me going about 25mph and gunned it from their I was already in 2nd gear and got ahead from him, he was about my rear bumber so then I shift it into 3rd and and he shifts to and just passes me and beats me by about more than 1 car length, that was the first time. Second time we started from a dead stop no launch though, same thing again. It wasn't that bad and I still need to improve shifting faster cause I suck.

hmmm....i think the guy shoulda got u by more? i've raced a cb7 before and left him waayyyy behind.

wat do u have done in ur car? and wat does he have?

Comment

all I have is an intake and he is completely stock. But I think he got beat by a 90-93 integra

Comment

lol either 1 he sucks at shiftin or 2 he just sucks, was the integra modded any?

Comment

nope he just had a home made cold air intake, but I think he's a good driver

Comment

i refuse to believe this...ah well...

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble here, but MKIII Supra's are slow as balls. I totally owned my brother in his when my car was stock. It was n/a, but the turbo ones aren't much faster. They weigh 3550 lbs and only make 230 horsepower. Being rwd they lose even more of that power to the wheels. Getting beat by only 1-2 cars sounds possible to me because I know how slow those cars are.

Comment

Yeah, stock MKIIIs aren't all that fast (sory Julio! ) I drove a turbo one in pretty sad shape and it made my F22 feel like a rocket! I think they depend greatly on the condition of the engine as well. If it's not right, the car will be ass...

Still, they can be made into total beasts with relatively little money. 400hp is much easier to hit with one of those than with a CB7, that's for sure!

Comment

well so far i've done good with the fat bitch...me and u deever one day

Comment

We should man! My 200hp or so against your 230 or so... As soon as Atco opens in spring (and you fix your tranny) we should do it

Comment

sounds like a plan

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Yeah, stock MKIIIs aren't all that fast (sory Julio! ) I drove a turbo one in pretty sad shape and it made my F22 feel like a rocket! I think they depend greatly on the condition of the engine as well. If it's not right, the car will be ass...

Still, they can be made into total beasts with relatively little money. 400hp is much easier to hit with one of those than with a CB7, that's for sure!
                        Same with all Supra's though ... 400 hp in one of those isn't shit. I saw one that was putting down around 430 hp to the wheels and still ran like a 12.5. I've also seen MKIV's putting out over 500 hp that can't break out of the 12's. In a cb7 400 hp would get some really good 11 second runs though. So the extra power isn't really necessary for us.

Comment

That is true. I believe a lot of the weight that the Supra carries is in the non-removable parts... It's a heavy frame and chassis.

Still, they are amazing cars when well maintained and modified. I just wish the 2jz could be dropped into the MKII! I like that style better than the newer ones. Call me strange!

Comment

the only relativaly light car made by toyota is an 86 corolla gts. when its stripped. mr2s are pretty beefy themselves. my friend has a mk4 supra, 800 somethin hp and is runnin 11.2 or there about.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Working...
                            X