91 Accord Coupe vs 07+ Altima 2.5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Accord Coupe vs 07+ Altima 2.5S

Well I was on my way to work... I noticed an Altima behind me that looked like it was "in a hurry", as I came to a stop at a red light he changed lanes and got behind me. As the light turns greens, I press the accellerator down about halfway, but not enough to go WOT. This put a car length space between us before he starts to accellerate. I see the gap closing as I pedal to the metal, right before the tranny would upshift @ 4k to 2nd, (yes its an auto) and the auto takes it to 6k before shifting to second, as I drop my Shifter to D3. By this time the Altima changed lanes to the right of me, and since he had the advantage of WOT sooner, managed to pull up to the rear bumper, and was creeping, so I turn off my handicap button (the air conditioning), and he managed to get his front bumper to the door jam, the auto shifts to third, before he slowly started to fall back inch by inch, pedal to the metal, then I reach 5.8k in 3rd, and push the Shifter to D4, the tranny shifts to 4th (overdrive), and I leave him behind.

Mods:
    STOCK F22A1 Block @ 186k
    "Refurbished" head w/ Bisimoto Pro Race Springs @ 185k (1k miles ago)
    A6 Camshaft, Oil Cooler, Windage Tray, PT6
    Stock A1 Airbox (w/ K&N Panel)
    Stock A1 Exhaust System
    CHR-Racing P&P/Flowbalanced a6 Runners & H23 Plenum/Throttle Body
    Gutted IAB Spacer "Double-Stack" on functional IAB's.
    Bisimoto Heat Shielding Intake Gasket
    Unorthodox STOCK Diameter Crank & Power Steering Pulleys
    With 6k mile old Royal Purple & Honda ATF
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

those run 14's stock i'm pretty sure.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

The Altima 3.5 may run 14's stock, but this was a 2.5S it was a good 4cyl vs 4cyl matchup. He may have more power at the crank, but his vehicle wieghs an additional 4-500lbs more. Lol, I did all that and thats with crap in my trunk from when I went to Austin on Saturday, and 3/4's a tank of gas now, now that I think about it. I also have 2 amps, & a 12" JL in a sealed box. Oh I am running 87 octane, and my distributer timing is fully advanced.
      Last edited by cloudasc; 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I believe it, I have walked 2.5 altimas in the past with my f22.

Comment

good kill bro!...

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Working...
          X