14b turbo cb7 vs z28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14b turbo cb7 vs z28

well my 1st car the turbo accord (14b@8psi 450cc injectors 3inch exhaust stock internals), i sold maybe a month ago, damn i miss that car. anyway now i have a 94 z28 M6 (K&N cold air intake, hooker headers, flowmaster muffler[4 now]). which do u guys think is faster? its kinda of hard to tell because the cars feel like night and day with the boosted frnt wheel 4banger aposed to the huge motor rear wheel drive. i personally think the z28 wld pull of the line but about the end of 3rd gear the cb wld catch up and pull away top end

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
    94 z28 M6 sold
    89 turbo targa white package supra sold
    92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

not sure man. tough decision. never been in niether of those two cars.

I used to have a 91 civic 4 door, with sirII motor, basic bolt ons, bigger throttle body, intake manifold, yadah yadha yadah. on the freeway, I pulled from that camaro z28 easy. but turbo cb7,,?? that's a hard one.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

that lt1 camaro would probably get walked if your cb7 was making good power on that turbo. I don't know how much power your cb7 was making. now if it was a ls1 camaro with the same mods, good luck! My roomate has a 98 ls1 with header, y pipe, exhaust, and a tune. the result? 350whp and about that much in tourqe. with the 4.11 rear end, that is one nasty stock block camaro. I have no doubt that it would run a 12 in the 1/4 with a decent set of tires.
      spin city

Comment

If it's the LT1 motor, I'd say the Z28. (Unless you had LSD, a traction bar, and lots of boost). They have traction control, and I'm fairly sure a more balanced torque curve than the accord with a turbo kit. I'm thinking somewhere around 325ft/lb of torque, and that's on the lower end of the revs.

My friend had a 01 T/A with the LS1 and an 89 GTA with the LT1 and they were fairly close until the TA got up in the higher rpms. The GTA had more torque from what I remember.

Comment

my f22b ran 1/10th slower down peidmont tonight than my buddies automatic 94 lt1 car. lt1's dont make that much tourqe, but, do a bit of headwork and throw a hot cam in there and you can make some pretty dam good power.
          spin city

Comment

i'd be more inclined to say the Z28. they were using the LT1 in that year so I can't see the F22 having much of a chance against it. the M6 trans will give you better power in top end because of gearing so I can't see a boosted F22 catching it. I've raced a few of them and they always take me out of the gate (damn turbo lag). Cam, ignition and computer and you will have a very healthy powerplant.
            "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
            Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
            20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
            BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

My boosted S13 beat my dad's 01 Z28 every time.
              He'd always get me off the line, but I'd catch back up and fly by him in 3rd gear.
              Worst part about it, he built my 240sx.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                My boosted S13 beat my dad's 01 Z28 every time.
                He'd always get me off the line, but I'd catch back up and fly by him in 3rd gear.
                Worst part about it, he built my 240sx.
                lol if i was him i would have sabotaged your whip and make it run slower when you werent looking

Ride List
                1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

a boosted s13 is not a boosted cb7

the cb was putting down what...200? 230hp?
                  camaro's are heavy though, and I don't know how much they make

You can do less work and get more power out of that v8 though. No replacement for displacement
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    OMG! Like, for realz? I had no idea.

My 240sx had 140hp from the factory, close to a stock CB7.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                      OMG! Like, for realz? I had no idea.

My 240sx had 140hp from the factory, close to a stock CB7.
                      are we talking stock as in ka24e or ka24de or sr20det??
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

the cb was putting down what...200? 230hp?
                        camaro's are heavy though, and I don't know how much they make

You can do less work and get more power out of that v8 though. No replacement for displacement
                        VE helps a lot and boost IS displacement.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yeah i was telling my friend that the camaro seemed a bit faster b/c ther is a st. i allways speed dwn and the camaro got to 100 a block and 1/2 b4 the cb would. but the cb would burr the needle on the speedo with eas on the freeway, im scared to take the camaro up there

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
                          94 z28 M6 sold
                          89 turbo targa white package supra sold
                          92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

Comment

don't act stupid Joshs92ex

an s13 is a completely different car than a cb7, you were attempting to compare a similar engine build on two completely different cars to say a boosted cb7 should be similar.

There are several things to take into consideration. Just one thing to consider, the s13 has different gearing. I had the sohc s13 and it would walk all over my cb7, and it put down about the same power. It also could accel to 120 EASY, my cb7 not so much. Just saying that just cause that s13 did so great doesn't mean a cb will.

I know FI adds displacement, but I was saying that a v8 on 8psi will always put out more/better power down than 4cyl on 8psi...or any other mod you do...some suspension, and put the camaro on a diet...kick ass.

Rephrase
                            there is no replacement for initial displacement...when trying to make power
                            Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-15-2009, 07:47 AM.
                            ____

Comment

Having seen the LT1 Camaros, if it was relatively stock, and the CB was healthy, it was probably more similar than you think. Most likely though, the LS1 would have been a bit stronger.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X