How fast should my car be??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast should my car be??

its been a while since i ran my car hard and i want a target time for the new drag season coming up.
    what do you think my quarter should be?

my car: 92 lx
    engine/trans: jdm h22a/mp1a auto lsd
    no name aftermarket intake.
    magna flow muffler. stock piping and factory cat.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

highs 14's

*edit*
    More important than just mods, what kinda tires do you have? the LSD will help, for sure, but without tires, you're still gonna spin a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
      its been a while since i ran my car hard and i want a target time for the new drag season coming up.
      what do you think my quarter should be?

my car: 92 lx
      engine/trans: jdm h22a/mp1a auto lsd
      no name aftermarket intake.
      magna flow muffler. stock piping and factory cat.
      how much miles does you H have?...

new tires or some what used tires?...(street tires or Slicks)

and any weight reduction?...

Originally posted by deevergote
      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

14s?? naw more like low to mid 15s
        Last edited by Law Grandeur; 02-26-2009, 03:17 AM.

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Falken Ziex ZE512
          195 60 R 15

35k on the motor.
          no weight reduction.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

i ran mid 15's in a 3.8 powered gp se. its weight is 3800lbs, with a 2.1 60ft time

so i am saying low to mid 15's

Comment

15' no higher if it was a 5speed with an lsd and a couple of the last mods i had when i still had my cb 14's flat.

Comment

He's got an LSD and an h22. high 14's is entirely possible with a good driver

Jesus, I hope it's faster than low 15's. Shit, I can run that in my 240.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal View Post

yea but you also gotta remember that most stock f22a equipped accords run 18's and 17's. an h22 IMO should be good for 16-15seconds.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you should vq swap your shit

Comment

Low 15s. Good driving doesnt really affect autos
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

If it was a 5 speed, I'd shoot for a high 14. Having an auto, I'd say mid 15. Having an auto with lsd is nice, but you're not going to spin anywhere near like you would with a 5 speed, which is why even being an auto, you should still get good numbers. Especially with the h22's shorter gears. A lot of people who do the H swap with autos, keep their f22 trannys, which is why the numbers aren't TOO great, but they're still good. You also only have an intake, and a muffler. If you had a header, and a cat-back, then you'd probably see a low 15 easy. Your only advantage is really the lsd. When you say stock piping, you mean the f22's stock piping?

I wouldn't mind seeing the numbers after the runs though, cause I've been debating on h swap for quite awhile, but staying auto.
                        Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM.
                        98' Mustang 3V Swap
                        11' VW CC R36

Comment

It's an auto. 5spd stock cb's run low to mid 16's, autos run 17+. He also seems to have a stock ecu, which is complete crap.

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                          Low 15s. Good driving doesnt really affect autos
                          x2. Step on the gas and go. Hope you don't misshift!!

I doubt you'll get anything better than a 2.3 60'. I'm saying 15.6 @ 92mph.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

again, high 15's.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              I doubt you'll get anything better than a 2.3 60'. I'm saying 15.6 @ 92mph.
                              Id hope hed get a better 60' than me.. I somehow pulled off a 2.2 with bald tires and a stock clutch.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X