Anyone track their Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone track their Accord?

My brother just started getting into road courses, and I go with him usually go along with him and watch him do his events. He's been encouraging me to do it as well, but I'm not sure.

My biggest thing is, is where I live, most of the modded Honda's get stolen and parted. I don't live in a bad area by any means, but Honda parts around here are a commodity.

I'd like to hear from guys who actually track their cars. Not so much auto crossers, but guys who actually take their cars on road courses. I've been thinking about an H22 swap, full suspension, stainless braided brake/clutch lines, bigger brakes. I'd like to know how well the car performs.

The only thing is, is all this adds up to more than the car is worth. I don't know if it'd be a great investment putting all of that money into this car, only to have it stolen.

well to behonest u will not get the money u put in ur car back even if u do sell it

The Race Car

Comment

yea i do raod race my accord.

The Race Car

Comment

I'm not really worried about getting money back after selling it. My worry is that if it gets stolen, what kind of money will insurance give me. I'm sure it won't be anywhere near the money put into the car.

What I'm asking though, is how well do these cars perform on tracks. Again, I'm not asking about auto crossing, I'm talking about actual road courses.

Comment

ive tracked...get coilovers and good tires, dont need to much power cause its gonna be your first time on the track...learn how to drive on a course properly first, then think about getting more power if need be...thats the way i'm doing it, just messing around with suspension and tires until i think i can upgrade to more power, remember these cars arent light so pick your parts carefuly

A & A Auto Service
          Pro-Spec
          TorontoJDM
          "Driven daily, or not at all"

Comment

Well one of the reasons I can't track the car right now, besides the suspension, is because my F22 is burning oil pretty badly. It burns on start up and whenever I go WOT. My cylinder #3's rings are going bad, that's one of the reasons I was thinking about an H22. I guess I could see if I could find an F22 and build it up a little bit and save a chunk of money.

Another reason I was thinking about the H22 is because the M2B4 (is that right?) transmission comes stock with an LSD which would be good for tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChoklit View Post
              Well one of the reasons I can't track the car right now, besides the suspension, is because my F22 is burning oil pretty badly. It burns on start up and whenever I go WOT. My cylinder #3's rings are going bad, that's one of the reasons I was thinking about an H22. I guess I could see if I could find an F22 and build it up a little bit and save a chunk of money.

Another reason I was thinking about the H22 is because the M2B4 (is that right?) transmission comes stock with an LSD which would be good for tracking.
              yeap.

in order to track, your car better be in good shape. suspension, brakes, engine. the track takes its toll on daily driven cars very fast.

If you really want to track an Accord, lightness is key; the lighter the car, the less wear & tear on the car's components.
              DEVOTE

Comment

i really been thinkin bout getting another cb7 4door but stick since my current is automatic and i dont wanna do convertion but deff looking to get me another1 by next year and put it together to track it!!
                I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Get a good alarm. Basic track car it has to go, stop, and turn just like any other car. Get a good set of tires, suspension, and some nice pads. Taking away weight is the cheapest mod. That should get you started. A close geared trans helps also. Anyway just have enough money to pay for the sessions and so on. Always have a reserve because something is gonna break either from a mis shift etc etc. You might say it never will happen but it will one of those days you arent paying attention.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Around here, an alarm means nothing. If they want the car, they're getting the car. Anyway...

I'm not asking what has to be done to make a car track worthy, I'm already aware as to what needs to be done.

I'm asking how well these cars perform on the track. People use Miatas, RX-7's, Porsche 944's because they perform well on tracks. How well do these cars stack up (accordingly modified of course) against these other cars?

Comment

I like my car. I just hate hard 90s pr U turns since I have no PS. Other than that everything else I like. The response on my setup isnt too bad I just wished I had a stiffer front suspension. On my backroads driving the car stays pretty planted. The car has a decently stiff chassis but when I throw the car around the rear feels kinda loose sometimes but I love how my front end turns in now. When it was stock I would understeer a bit now it just plants itself.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My brother just started getting into road courses, and I go with him usually go along with him and watch him do his events. He's been encouraging me to do it as well, but I'm not sure.

My biggest thing is, is where I live, most of the modded Honda's get stolen and parted. I don't live in a bad area by any means, but Honda parts around here are a commodity.

I'd like to hear from guys who actually track their cars. Not so much auto crossers, but guys who actually take their cars on road courses. I've been thinking about an H22 swap, full suspension, stainless braided brake/clutch lines, bigger brakes. I'd like to know how well the car performs.

The only thing is, is all this adds up to more than the car is worth. I don't know if it'd be a great investment putting all of that money into this car, only to have it stolen.
                        absolutely no reason to be modding your car. Make the car safe and go out and drive. Bleed the brakes and put in fresh fluid. Use a good brake fluid with a high boiling point. Valvoline syntec is probably one of the best off the shelf brake fluids you can get. Make sure your pads aren't worn out. As long as everything is properly working you can take it to the track. The people who mod their cars to go to the track are:

a)people who never go
                        b)people who never come again because they spent $10,000 on engine swaps and all these mods and got lapped by a stock neon.

The car doesn't need work, the driver does. At the moment you are not trying to make the car faster, you are making the driver faster so it doesn't matter what you are driving as long as it is safe. After you gain a lot more experience you'll see what you need to do to the car to improve it.
                        For Sale:
                        itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
                        tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

You don't really need more engine.

Tires and brakes mainly.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                            yeap.

in order to track, your car better be in good shape. suspension, brakes, engine. the track takes its toll on daily driven cars very fast.

If you really want to track an Accord, lightness is key; the lighter the car, the less wear & tear on the car's components.
                            yeah this is very true. Just make sure your car is safe, make sure your brakes are in check and your tires as well. check all your fluids constantly too. Get a a feel and handle for the stock setup. the stock engine is more than enough to have fun and get you into trouble on the track. after you have done a few events you can get the feel as to how youd like to dial in your setup

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Around here, an alarm means nothing. If they want the car, they're getting the car. Anyway...
                              not true brotha man, look into ravelco.

only system in the world without a stolen car that im aware of

30 years and not one stolen

i know because thats my uncle

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X