my "races" a cb7, and 2 saturns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my "races" a cb7, and 2 saturns

well, the cb7 was a marroon 4 door just like mine. I kinda know the girl who drives, so i pull to a red next to her She has her lx, dx, ex emblem stripped so idk, and shes an auto, im a manual. So her passenger was this fine girl i know so we wave and shit, then its green, i put it in 2nd real early cuz my shits loud, since i have no muffler, but then im like, ohhh she wants to race huh, so i kepp it in 2nd and floor it, and were equal, so we get up and by third i had her, it was a pretty good race, my first.

Then one night i rolled up on the 2dr saturn w/ neons and rims and exhaust and shit, and hes on his cell phone.Well, its green and he keeps it in 1st like he wants to go and i just smoked him,i mean, he was at like my rear door, by 2nd it was over, he gave up, but he knew he wasnt goin anywhere.

Then theres this kid i know from school, hes got an older 2 dr saturn, at the time he had no exhaust at all from the cat back, he hacksawed it off. So it was loud, like mine but worse. Well i see him and hes all revvin and shit, im like wait till we get outta the city a little, so we get it on the same road as i raced the cb7 on, but he thought he was tought shit i smoked his ass by third, then i slowed down. Then he comes flyin by almost hittin another car to cut me off like a dipshit, so we hit another red, hes like "you gotta learn to drive like a pro, like me" i wanted to say "motherfucker i coulda killed your ass back there, if i would gunned it and not let you thru" but he thought i was floorin it, so he thought he like "won" the race. Well, im up front, hes got an suv in front of him in the lane next to me Were just gettin on this long ass stretch of perfect raceway, no cars, its a 4 lane highway, but i gun it thinkin hell get behind me then in front of the suv, well, i guess the suv wanted to race too but i left them both,and just when i start to get it on the hi-way, he busts a u-ie and goes the other way I flashed my brakes like, wtf, but he said like a week later, when i seen him at a gas station. "man did you see that cop" i was like yeah right, i seen you get smoked. Its cool now though, if he ever wants to race, i know who'll win. All the races were cool, ive kinda raced some ppl on the highway, ya know, everyone has, but nothing real exciting, ive never really gotten sompletely smoked, all the people who've wanted to race havent been very fast.
    Last edited by gzagenius; 10-11-2004, 03:29 AM.
    make money and die.....thats the american way.

bump, and edited, i realized i had no periods, or anything except commas, but it was like 6 am, before i went to sleep.
    make money and die.....thats the american way.

Comment

you are all ricers except the saturn its just *** no exhaust or piping just for sound lol.......just playing but you should put an exhaust on there
      Um......am i supposed to put something funny here?

Comment

Always exciting to hear a Saturn bite the dust. I agree though, put an aftermarket exhaust on your whip.

Comment

man i dont know much about engines but one think i think i know is that wihtout an exhaust you actually lose hp and even with your piping to big you'll lose hp if im wrong plz someone call me out on it
          Um......am i supposed to put something funny here?

Comment

Usually you loose Low End Torque and Gain High End Horsepower with larger piping and a straight through muffler

Comment

I do remember seeing a nice Saturn SC2 in a magazine about a year ago. The guy had everything custom made, crazy shit. I think he was pushing 450 hp or something. You gotta respect someone who goes completely away from the norm and does something right(even if it is a saturn).
              -Jay

Comment

Hey, Lisa Kubo left her Civic behind to race for Saturn. They aren't the best cars to start with, but if you rebuild everything, they can be monsters Any car can, though... depending on what you replace

And as for exhaust piping... the best thing to do is keep the exhaust flow going. Too small will cause backpressure. This will add some low end, but provide too little flow for high end (better, IMO for the low-end based F22). Large piping (2.5"+) will kill low end, but give some high end. TOO large will cause stagnation of exhaust flow and make the system useless. I'm not sure what an open header would do... aside from being illegal, I'm sure it's better than a full exhaust that is too large.

As a rule of thumb for the F22 -
                2.25" = best for mild street N/A
                2.5" = best for a small, quick spooling turbo. Usually under 10psi. Also good for a higher hp built F22. This is also best for a stock H22.
                3" = Best for 10psi+ turbo systems, or lower boost, large turbo systems. Powerful turbo systems really can't have too large of an exhaust.

Comment

In my opinion, 2.25" is the best pipe size for the cb7.

Comment

Working...
                  X