This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    No way dude civic's are hella slow. They have lil baby engines in them for economy. The power to weight is lame, but when you consider it only has probly 80hp, a bigger engine makes a killer diff.
    I dont think the power to weight is that bad. I mean they are pretty light.

Comment

Originally posted by sxyhnda View Post
      well the civic has 105 and weighs 2231, the my cb has like 130 and weighs 2900 (crank hp of course) thats roughly 22.3lb/hp for the cb, and 21.2 for the civic. they have similar gearing, yet the cb blows the civic off the road. just don't add up to me..... i gess you have to consider the cb has a new motor, and the civic burns about a quart every 1000 miles.....
      Not exactly. It depends from car to car. My 90 civic std weighed around 2100 lbs and made 80hp or somthing like that. I'm sure most cb7's weigh around 3000lbs,lol and probly make a reality of 120 crank. Stock hondas blow, they're not "quick" and they don't "pull".

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
      I dont think the power to weight is that bad. I mean they are pretty light.
      The power to weight sucks. They may not have much weight compared to an accord but they also don't have much power. If you've ever driven a stock civic, its not exactly a rush,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sxyhnda View Post
        and weighs 2900
        Maybe without you in it. Mine weighs in a few cheeseburgers south of 3100 with me in the car.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

i have a 90 dx, power NOTHING. i believe that is rated 2800 curb, i was bein generous and sayin 2900 to account for error. and yes i am a fat ass so its probably dam close to 3000 with me in it, but i was basing my facts on curb weight and crank hp. and to the guy with the 80 hp 90 civic. i have a 93, diferent body, different motor. mine is rated 105 at the crank, and yes it probably makes like 90 with all the miles and oil it burns. you keep stating specs on 4th gen civics. mines a 5th gen, and it curb weight rated at 2231

Comment

Well you're saying civics are over rated. There are lots of civics in this world.

Comment

what u forgot to mention what kind of civic? if it was a DX which i think it is then you got owned. what year was the camry? anything 92-up would smack that civic. if it was a EX then u might still wouldve lost...might....also was the car maintained before you?
              factors like that are key points in a race.. basically your just one of those ricers that have a intake and thing they are fast..sorry its the truth.

and i dont think that civics are overrated, i think that if they are built correctly then they arent...thats my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                what u forgot to mention what kind of civic? if it was a DX which i think it is then you got owned. what year was the camry? anything 92-up would smack that civic. if it was a EX then u might still wouldve lost...might....also was the car maintained before you?
                factors like that are key points in a race.. basically your just one of those ricers that have a intake and thing they are fast..sorry its the truth.

and i dont think that civics are overrated, i think that if they are built correctly then they arent...thats my opinion
                your civic has lots of overpsray, was not masked correctly when painted,but its ok.i know its random but i hate when people disagree when others are bashing on a car they own.....like you.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door View Post
                  your civic has lots of overpsray, was not masked correctly when painted,but its ok.i know its random but i hate when people disagree when others are bashing on a car they own.....like you.
                  oh how do u know my car has overspray? have u seen it in person? NO. just cuz i have a same civic that doesnt mean i have to agree. im stating my opinion and thats final. ive been around the scene too long and this is just what a tyipcal ricer would do.
                  Last edited by oneoffaccord; 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door View Post
                    hmmm.......i see no overspray

actually.i see nothing at all wrong with the car.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i got beat by one of em' thinking id rape it....dang i hate my auto...still dat kid shouldnt of beat me with him slippin da clutch and all
                      ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
                      *and its alive!! hahaha*
                      *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post

first off its a 93 dx. second, i'm not one of those ricers. i bought the car for the mpg and it just so happens to have a short ram. i don't like to race this car cuz it smokes like a bitch and burns oil out the ass. i lined up with the camry and said wat the hell and went for it cuz i thought it was an easy kill. well, it wasn't. the whole point in this post was to make fun of the ricers out there who think there stock civic is fast with an intake. most guys get civics and think they're the shit when they're stock and suck ass. thats why i said they're overrated, cuz theres fuckers everywhere with lowered civics with fart cannons and intakes that think they own the road. i'm not like that and i've stated many times that this thing is slower than shit. all i was sayin was that my first impressions of the car (i've only owned it a week) made me think that it would at least outrun a fuckin camry.....

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                          hmmm.......i see no overspray

actually.i see nothing at all wrong with the car.
                          Except it looks like every other modded Civic on earth these days.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                            Except it looks like every other modded Civic on earth these days.
                            i like the color

and stock civics are over-rated..... look at the one CrzyTuning did over this past weekend...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116364

this guy did it with $2008 including price of the car.....

build it right and i seems to go.

Comment

there is indeed a lot of oversray, theres been talk about it by the locals here that have been to meets he has been at. they said it looks ok in pics but theres a lot of blemishes that you dont see online. i dont want to argue, theres 4 civics here that are the same color as yours, same wheels and and they all have the same bad-ass ego's. i like your accord project.

Comment

and i dont care if its the ex d16z6 i had a 93 civic coupe....ej, fucking slow as balls, floored it and it made more noise than anything. than i bought my gsr and realized what dohc vtecs can do with bolt ons.

Comment

Working...
                                X