'03 Celica ??? for lunch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'03 Celica ??? for lunch.

10:30 am, my wife calls. My 2y old boy broke her toe. There I was trying to get home on I95 south from DC to Richmond, VA. 10 miles before my exit, this '03 souped up Celica in fromt of me tryes to block. Hey, I was in a real rush. 4 cars in fromt of us, the whole hwy was empty for like a mile. He found a hole and I follow. An empty hwy and he was flat on the gas @ about 70mph. I was about a car length behind, flat out in third and taking the left lane. By the time I reach 90, we were side by side. Fourth, 120 and I am 3-4 cars in front still hearing his intake and the rev limiter. 6,250 rpm and I hit fifth. 10 seconds later I lift of from 135 and about 10-12 cars ahead. It felt sooooo good!!! And my accord was stock!. I wich I can found that car now, after I got my CAI and springs!!!

celicas are slow because of pathetic gearing from the factory.

and a 6 speed V6? WTF?
    Four rods enter, one rod leaves...

Comment

The 2003 Accord V6 can be mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual in the coupe only. Think of it as a 350Z capable of houling 5 comfortably while still making more than 20 mpg. with .5 liters less displacement. The numbers for the accord are:
      0-60 = 5.9 sec (350Z = 5.8)
      1/4 mile = 14.5 @ 99 mph (350Z = 14.4 @ 100.5 mph)
      skidpad = .82g w/ all season tires (350Z = .86g)
      In a track, the 350Z has an advantage, which can be easily blown with minor drivetrain, suspension, and tire upgrades costing less than the price difference (27,000 accord vs. 32,000-36,000 350Z). I grew up being a fan of Z-cars, but I just think this newer version lacks the previos cars punch.

Comment

That is true, when compared to the track trim. The best I have done the 1/4 mile is about 15.3 @ 93.5 mph. stock (family hauler trim). That is with just 600 miles on it and treating it like a baby (lauch revs @ 1,200 and shifting @ 6,000, 250 revs before redline, all with a full tank of 87 octane gas) If you just change the tires of the accord to ones comparable to the ones in the 350Z, add a CAI, and launch it @ 3,500, with 1/4 of tank of 93 octane gas, they are very close. I've raced 350Z's in the highway from 60-110 door to door (dont know what trim). Anyway, at the top end the 350Z has a sportier setup. But still, not being able to totally smoke a "family coupe" with a more expensive "true sport car" is a shame (if I were to be driving the 350Z).

Comment

Heh as for the gts sure they are quick once one was tryin to dip with me in moderate light traffic he got cut off i put my hazards on and left them on so he could see me leave him thats what i call owneage beaming to the max as for that dippin in and out tryin to look fly thats a no,no

Comment

the new GTS celicas are slow because they fall out of VVTI no matter how high you shift. they may have changed the gearing on the '03s so that it's possible to stay in the powerband, but in the earlier models it's virtually impossible.

and i was flipping because of his name....simply thought "he's got a 2 door CB7 with a V6 AND a 6 speed?! wtf!?".....name is kinda misleading but now i know what's up
            Four rods enter, one rod leaves...

Comment

Working...
            X