My car vs Red Evo X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car vs Red Evo X

So I left the golf course last night, and so was this red evo x, so I blew off in his face lol, when we got on the highway back toward the city I fn gave her all to the floor and mean full throttle shifts, and he was right on me about 1 car length all through 4th man, those things are quick, especially with seemless shifting from the autopaddle shifter deal. But I stayed in front, so I cant slow down very fast from 200kmh, in which means I need to get better front brakes and work on the rear ones some more!
    Otherwise I have no idea if his car had any supporting mods, but I know it was almost exactly as fast as my turbo cb7 so, I might still buy one lol!

WaC!

woot!

.:edit:.

Mods on your car?
    Last edited by fatboy1185; 06-26-2008, 11:06 AM.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord View Post
      so I blew off in his face
      This is a Family oriented site!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
        This is a Family oriented site!
        Get your mind out of the gutter.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

why buy a fast car if yours is already just as fast? pffft waste of money in my opinion lol

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
            why buy a fast car if yours is already just as fast? pffft waste of money in my opinion lol
            I was just going to say the same thing.

Get the VIGOR MORTISSEN/ARAGORN brake upgrade. Goes from 10" to 11" and larger pads. Losiracer2 just upgraded to that and he said it made a big difference. Planning to do that myself. Anybody running boost should definitely be upgrading their brakes. Stock cb7 brakes are /FAIL
            Last edited by mj213; 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM.

Comment

i got the legend upgrade for sale if interetsed
              visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
              For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

Thing is my cb7 chassis has well over 360,000 km on it and went through abuse from me since Ive owned it, although I have replaced everything thats ever needed to be other than could use new alt and pwstr pump.

Mods, well pnp f22a head, a6 cam, a6 runners and iab, h22a4 tb and plenum. Bored to 85.5 with a half thou under spec of maximum hone from wiseco's recomendation. Action 2ms clutch and 8.5lb or whatever aluminum flywheel both from bisimoto, great guy and awesome seller/product. 2nd gen dsm cast mani, evo 3 16g turbo, egay black 2.5 ic piping kit, johnny race car 6"x 28"x 2.5" intercooler, dsm metal blow off, accel 300+ red spark wires, ngk iridium plugs step colder..., ebay, open atmospheric wastegate dump, redirected from the engine bay, 3 inch ID custom by me exhaust all the way back, kyb agx struts, intrax low springs, nitto neo gen 215/45/17s, tenzo dc6 v1 bronze wheels, etc, etc.
                Also 94 rear disc conversion.
                Runs from 11 peak- 9 lbs of boost, semi tuned on a p06 using uberdata and a zeitronix wideband etc. by yours truly as well. I thought I might actually beat him but man he kept right there, not faster than me but same speed.
                also I have personally never owned a new car, the newest car ive owned was a 92 eagle talon, n/a 5spd. was a fun car and I loved the cockpit style interior. But I have always spent most of my time and energy fixing up cars, or just fixing them, so I wouldnt mind a new one, that maybe my wife can use as well!
                Last edited by westsideaccord; 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Thanks for the offer but way to far away, to ship and such plus Im going to go rotor over hub this winter, as well as body work, etc.

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    I was just going to say the same thing.

Get the Legend brake upgrade. Goes from 10" to 11" and larger pads. Losiracer2 just upgraded to that and he said it made a big difference. Planning to do that myself. Anybody running boost should definitely be upgrading their brakes. Stock cb7 brakes are /FAIL
                    yeah its the VIGOR brake upgrade....Same pads and stuff, but the caliper is oriented differently, so the lengend brakes you might run into some issues w/ b/c of the bleeder valve.

I did mine for about 350 bucks including reman. brake calipers, new pads, SS brake lines and new Brembo rotors. Stops like a dream now w/ no fade.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by law Grandeur
                      why Buy A Fast Car If Yours Is Already Just As Fast? Pffft Waste Of Money In My Opinion Lol
                      x2 ...............

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

the evo 9 mr style and performance AWD and etc.
                        Plus again, I have never owned a newish car, the newest car ive owned personally is a 92 talon na, was nice but not even close to new
                        There are only 6 evo's of that style since they were released in the us
                        in Canada legally. so if and when they change the law ill buy one, but for now ill keep looking into the evo x cause they are sold here.
                        I need something a lil different for other occasions, Althogh my wifes and my accords are both 4 dr, they are showing there age and well need constant tlc, meanwhile a newer/new car that is affordable as well as been my dream car for that matter, it will have less problems for me to fix all the time. Besides my son is 4mths now and needs more time with me. So conclusively we are looking for a newer car in the next year or two, and will seriously consider the evo x unless a miracle happens so we can import a exo 9
                        Its not all about speed, but the awd is important
                        but i will also consider other vehicles like a toyota aristo, with a 2jz from japan lol! theyre good family car lol! Well see!
                        Last edited by westsideaccord; 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Are they really that hard to beat? i thought his good would have been cooked with the mods you have.? what was he runnin or was it completely stock.
                          Ive ran a few, a blue one thats around my way he was pissed and i had my girl in the car she laughed and i was like damn and kept it moving . I also accord 2008 coupe ran a v6 I didnt even initial the run i just drove off normal he got along side of me and i was like ahh lemme mess with him.

I lurched ahead to make him just he did and i took him too lol. When i was goin ahead so fast ofcourse theres always that one asshole that sees you coming quick and sticks themselves out there anyway. But drivesafe and yeah definitely get those brakes upgraded your gonna need it. Good kill keep em guessin

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord View Post
                            Thing is my cb7 chassis has well over 360,000 km on it and went through abuse from me since Ive owned it, although I have replaced everything thats ever needed to be other than could use new alt and pwstr pump.

Mods, well pnp f22a head, a6 cam, a6 runners and iab, h22a4 tb and plenum. Bored to 85.5 with a half thou under spec of maximum hone from wiseco's recomendation. Action 2ms clutch and 8.5lb or whatever aluminum flywheel both from bisimoto, great guy and awesome seller/product. 2nd gen dsm cast mani, evo 3 16g turbo, egay black 2.5 ic piping kit, johnny race car 6"x 28"x 2.5" intercooler, dsm metal blow off, accel 300+ red spark wires, ngk iridium plugs step colder..., ebay, open atmospheric wastegate dump, redirected from the engine bay, 3 inch ID custom by me exhaust all the way back, kyb agx struts, intrax low springs, nitto neo gen 215/45/17s, tenzo dc6 v1 bronze wheels, etc, etc.
                            Also 94 rear disc conversion.
                            Runs from 11 peak- 9 lbs of boost, semi tuned on a p06 using uberdata and a zeitronix wideband etc. by yours truly as well. I thought I might actually beat him but man he kept right there, not faster than me but same speed.
                            also I have personally never owned a new car, the newest car ive owned was a 92 eagle talon, n/a 5spd. was a fun car and I loved the cockpit style interior. But I have always spent most of my time and energy fixing up cars, or just fixing them, so I wouldnt mind a new one, that maybe my wife can use as well!
                            Wow nice man, not bad for a SOHC motor! U ran him and he has a $30 Grand + Evo, Sohc ftmfw!
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yeah, i have no idea if he had any mods, if any not much!
                              My car runs stock wastegate peaked at 10psi generally 9 psi though, so its not sick ass fast plus i run full stereo and interior etc. my car does everything well just nothing excellent

I did keep ahead the whole time but not pulling on him, nor did he really catch up at all.
                              Also here the Evo X is a whopping 42,000 cdn $. And my car initially cost 4000$ cdn so, plus maybe 8000$ in mods high side of course. lol
                              so for the 30,000$ of savings i can buy a evo 9 when we are allowed lol, and still have my accord lol! Booyah. well see how it does once i map it for 15-20 psi, esp in third and fourth gears lol

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                              X