Stock RX-8 vs H22a CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock RX-8 vs H22a CB7

Well after a broken timing belt and a major engine overhaul+tune up, my car is back in working order....but it still fails smog.

I was on my way home on I-80 when I passed a RX-8. After awhile I noticed he was following me and changing lanes and inspecting my car. I didn't provoke anything and just continued driving normally. It turns out he was taking the same exit I was and he got behind me and then decided to change into the next lane and passed me. I got behind him because I came up to a slower moving truck and I guess he thought I was messing with him or trying to provoke a race

He started to move a little slower and so I changed back into the right lane to pass him and then without warning he downshifted one gear, blipped the throttle twice, also grinded too and then took off.

I'm thinking to myself (oh no he did-uNt) So I downshifted to 3rd already going 80. I almost immediately closed the 2car gap he got on me and then as soon as I was on creapin' on his bumper of course he let off.

I don't understand some racers sometimes with their supposed sports cars that love to mess with our CBs thinking we are a easy kill. Then when they find out that our car is a wolf in sheeps clothing, they back out to avoid looking stupid. I also love the ones that take off with no warning whatsoever. If u wanna race, pace the other person first and at least honk 3x.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Glad to hear that your engine is in good running condition.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yeah Rx-8's are slow as piss, but handle like a dream.

I'm glad they focused on the chassis, rather than making a lot of power.

We wouldnt want another 350z Story coming from Mazda.
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

They have no tq. I have to admit there motors are really smooth. Other than that they are still slow until you hit some curves lol.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yup........what abot RX-7?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
            yeah Rx-8's are slow as piss, but handle like a dream.

I'm glad they focused on the chassis, rather than making a lot of power.

We wouldnt want another 350z Story coming from Mazda.

I don't think the new upcoming Z will be so heavy, and it should have quite a bit more power. More true to what I expect from a Z.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
            X