CB7 vs Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 vs Legend

It practically started out coming home from picking up my bros from school. I noticed this legend lowered, exhaust, and front bumper. I was telling my brother that I was thinking about getting one of those. So I'm coming up to the turning lane and I noticed he was flashing me. I figured that the guy is probably in a hurry so I ignored what he was doing. So we come up to a next light where there are 2 cars in front of me on the left hand lane and a 1 car on the right. I glanced over to see whats up with this guy and I noticed that he's throwing out signs with his hands and shaking his head with his girl shouting something out the window. So I okayed the race. He starts off not even going to let me catch up with him and then he takes off and he's already a car ahead of me so I'm bearly doing 25 in D1 so I jump on the gas and I pop it into second gaining on him and throwing into D3 where I'm doing almost about 100 with my flashers on and I began to slow down to about 45 to see the guy and I noticed that his girl was looking the other way covering her face. I shook my head and threw out a loser sign at him as he drove by.

Now I'm not really not planning on getting a Legend now. I'm probably just going to buy another CB. Now I'm CB for life!!!!
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

dont shift with auto ...going to mess up your transmission....

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire?
      dont shift with auto ...going to mess up your transmission....

It is electronically controlled. It doesn't hurt it.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRidgeRacer

Now I'm not really not planning on getting a Legend now. I'm probably just going to buy another CB. Now I'm CB for life!!!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

"I shook my head and threw out a loser sign at him as he drove by"

haha so you actually made the L shape w/ your hand?

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

mmmmmmm......acura legend..

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
              "I shook my head and threw out a loser sign at him as he drove by"

haha so you actually made the L shape w/ your hand?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Throwing out signs? Like gang signs?

The fact that his girl was covering her face was the best... If you're gonna try to look like a tough guy in front of your girl, at least win. Especially if you're racing an automatic 4 cylinder Accord with your 6 cylinder Legend!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  It is electronically controlled. It doesn't hurt it.
                  I was always told that it would mess up the transmission. So explain to me why it won't do any damage......cuz I've been doing it for a while now. Its to the point where I can shift at the exact RPM's the computer would shift it. (I need a 5speed..lol)
                  GangGreenGang 330kmiles Strong

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreenGang
                    I was always told that it would mess up the transmission. So explain to me why it won't do any damage......cuz I've been doing it for a while now. Its to the point where I can shift at the exact RPM's the computer would shift it. (I need a 5speed..lol)

If you tell it downshift by pulling the lever back, and it is not within the TCU's perameters, then it won't do it. For instance. 1st gear redlines somewhere around 40MPH. Yet, if you pull the lever back at 30MPH or higher, it won't go down into 1st.

Also, all of the clutchpacks etc are controlled by the TCU, so when you pull the lever back, you are telling it what YOU want to happen, and it makes it happen.

Comment

Wouldn't redlining every gear and manually shifting do some damage?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        More to the engine to tranny, Just getting anywhere near the redline is going to wear out the tranny faster, especially if you have a stock (or no) cooler.

Yeah you can shift it just don't beat it to hell, like owequitit its all electronic so its not a manual.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Long term, I don't think it would be substantial, as long as the tranny is cared for, and then it might not matter much anyway. It really isn't that much different than flooring the car and letting the TCU shift it, because ultimately, that is what controls the shifting anyway.

Comment

the "L" sign, the loser sign, is legit in my book. if i got the loser sign flashed at me, i wouldnt know what to do
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

lol at the "L" sign

Comment

Working...
                              X