No announcement yet.

h22 vs s2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless you have a good amount of weight reduction.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      yes, if you had the accord to around 2400 or 2500lbs with driver, then it would be a better race, but that isnt really stock vs stock
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        And some mods to your H22.
        To the OP, Have you driven an S2000, It really is an experience, one of the only Hondas (in standard form) that I have REALLY felt hit Vtec.
        BTW most people dont realise, but the H22 was originally developed for the NSX . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yup the s2000 walk away from a stock h22 even a few mods with the h22 the s2000 would still walk away. rwd helps it out a lot to as well. but ive hear you have to rev the hell out of the motors to make any power out of them. like in 8k rpms but thats what i just heard. and launching those suckers just right isnt the easiest thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
            a san diego member here has beaten numerous S2000s. well of course he has nothing on his car but a motor and 2 s2000 seats on a cb

fully gutted F20B-t2w4 93 4door.

no rear door panels (needed the front ones to open the door)
            no rear seats
            empty trunk
            no hood lining
            no b pillar covers
            no carpet
            no heater
            no ac
            full wire tuck
            full suspension
            battery relocated to trunk
            gutted oem steering wheel

custom apex suspension
            stark II or IIIs (i cant remember)
            full intake header and exhaust
            apex ground kit

i cant find the most recent interior picture but here is a sample

dont know how a wire tuck will make you go faster or a apex ground kit. but my car was gutted to and had no interior and many people in the atlanta area at the meets that ive been to saw my car was gutted to. you only realy drop what 150 pounds the most. the carpet and back seat dont weight that much. the passanger seat weighs more than the back seats and carpet. the f20b has less tq than the h22. same hp but the f20b has a higher compression ratio. so unless that f20b is camed like my h22 was then your not going to be beating no f20b. my h22 put down 213 to the wheels after my head build and still the s2000 gave me a hell of a run.

Comment

Depends on the driver to, ive seen an s2k get beat (barely) by a type-r b16b swapped civic. I know for a fact that my accord would beat that civic. I did all the electronics and a lot of the other work for that swap, and I was riding shotgun when it happened. Im sure with a better driver the s2k would own, but you could tell he had no idea were the power was made. He got frustrated and drove away.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

this is just an opinion like every1 else's but i dont think an H22 swapped CB will beat a stock S2000 given they both have decent drivers. even with minor bolt-ons on the H22 i still dont see it happening.
                90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

honestly i think it is possible most s2k ive seen at the track are running on average a 9.7 1/8th and ive seen pretty much stock accords f22 in the low 10s
                  Super Sonic Blue Pearl CB7 Coupe

My old frost white CB7

Comment

keep in mind that s2ks arent that quick off the line and have nice top end
                    90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

^ yes that is true. you have to launch all crazy just to get moving. they make all there power up on top. thats why its perfect for those rev happy people.

Comment

I think most s2k drivers are afraid to launch there cars or they just know how to. All of them benefit from uber high rpm launches like around 5800-6000 lol. Thats how my friend launches his ap2. The weakness though is that the s2k rear diff sucks ass.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

In the end, seems to me that it is a driver & tuner's game. How well do you maintain your motor and how well can you drive is the real question and finally what person you end up racing (because the same questions apply to him).
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

a lot of s2k owners are afraid of launching their cars cuz of the known weak differential. i hardly ever do it in mine but when i do, i launch between 4-5k. my clutch takes a beating but i rather that than my diff takin more of a beating
                            90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

^ I can understand that. Ill bet that's and expensive fix. To me, just replacing my CV's is expensive.

Comment

i guess well have to see a show down on vid heheh
                                contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Working...
                                X