Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion tC takes on a b16 swapped civic....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scion tC takes on a b16 swapped civic....

Not my scion tC...

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/in...howtopic=23155

That's the thread. Apparently from the youtube video the dude posted.... he actually did win.

What's the reason behind his win? I can't figure it out....
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

I don't know. tCs are heavy as crap.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yeah because I own a tC. they are literally tanks.... imo anyways...

This is my calculations. The dude said the b16 civic is running full bolt-ons and a spoon ecu...

b16 motor = 170 hp
      after full bolt-ons = 185 hp

96 civic = 2317 lbs.

tc = 160 hp.
      total weight 2971 lbs.

now lets do the math.

civic with swap and bolt ons = .079845 hp per lbs

tc = .053854

tc with supercharger (220 hp) = .074074 hp per lbs.

Therefore I said that either his friend can't drive, it's not a spoon ecu, or something....

here's his youtube vid....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGmPcgbbas

works cited....
      www.edmunds.com
      www.cars.com
      www.hmotorsonline.com
      my 91 cb7
      I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

oh...whats wrong with honda losing... just playing

its either the guy suck or his car is

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

So...why do you act like a big dog over there?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

u got owned. b16 aint the fastest shit. anythin can happen. driver/car running like shit.

Comment

B16 is slow. Its rated at 160hp for most models. I havent seen a 170hp B16 yet. Either way compare engine sizes. The TC has a 2.4L vs that 1.6L. The TC is looked down upon but it will give you a run for your money guaranteed. Oh yea the Tc makes more torque sooner than a b16 with its 111lb ft or whatever at 7000 rpm where as the TC can make it lower and still move. Guessing HP is useless, Power to weight ratio...useless unless it was stock for stock. Basically which renders your power to weight ratio arguement pointless. Then you have to factor in road conditions and driver skill. If both had dyno sheets of their cars and weighed there cars on a scale a valid power to weight will tell you whos a shitty driver and so on...Without this data none of those calculations matter. Tc will own b16s from dig racing, but the b16 will pull top end if it ever decides to catch up.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

trust me it wont catch up. I pulled about 2 cars when i was bone stock on my srt4. I love the scions though too bad my girl doesnt they look nice as can be with a nice drop the cockroach antenae's and the rims with some tint. Ive only seen 2 supercharged i wonder are those custom kits or kist you can just buy them from the dealership kinda thing. Still in my present state they still cant top me

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So...why do you act like a big dog over there?
                  i don't.

As for the tC making more torque... They went from a roll though. So from what I understand, torque doesn't matter as much.

Second. The dude with the tc had bolt ons. we've dynoed tC with bolt ons and they gain up to 10 hp. That's it.

It's not like the tC was running high comp, and head work and everything. He has like an exhaust.

Oh and if you want to say it's a driver's race, the tC guy clearly says that his friend is an abled driver. A close race is not 3 to 4 car lengths in my book. The civic basically stopped in the video.
                  my 91 cb7

Comment

TRD makes a factory supercharger for them. Still slow. Stock new civic Si can keep up with them.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i know.... that was my point. The tC has an exhaust. Header. Intake. Nothing more. So there's no way he's close to even 170 hp.
                      my 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        TRD makes a factory supercharger for them. Still slow. Stock new civic Si can keep up with them.
                        i heard they can get some other shit that will boost their power significantly with the trd supercharger like a secondary upgraded kit not sure how much itll go up to but ohwell

Comment

NOpe from what ive seen its just a TRD supercharger that boosts it up to 200hp supposedly. They compared one with an Si lol. Ill try to find the article. Like all toyotas they just have a lot of options.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                            i don't.

As for the tC making more torque... They went from a roll though. So from what I understand, torque doesn't matter as much.

Second. The dude with the tc had bolt ons. we've dynoed tC with bolt ons and they gain up to 10 hp. That's it.

It's not like the tC was running high comp, and head work and everything. He has like an exhaust.

Oh and if you want to say it's a driver's race, the tC guy clearly says that his friend is an abled driver. A close race is not 3 to 4 car lengths in my book. The civic basically stopped in the video.
                            Bottom line?

The B16 has NOTHING below 6K, and then you have to drive the living piss out of it to get it to move. Plus, the fact that the driver probably wasn't all that good, and how do you know the B16 was even healthy?
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well... they are racing... therefore he would be driving the piss out of it.

the tC guy claimed the engine is healthy. No proof of this. I brought that up in the scion forums.

Also said that the driver probably isn't that great. tC guy took offense to this and went nuts.
                              my 91 cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X