No announcement yet.

pontiac GTO 6.0 vs. H22 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've driven one of those 6.0 GTO it was so fast that i hyperventilated after driving it

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinM619
      i've driven one of those 6.0 GTO it was so fast that i hyperventilated after driving it
      Ummm yeah. Because mid 13's are SOOOO fast.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

13's to a lot of people is very fast compared to what they are used too
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i love how different cars feel more powerful when they aren't any faster... but in the end if all your into is drag racing i guess that timeslip is all that matters.

refering to the hypervinalion statement,,, we weren't told just how far that he maxed it out speed wise, so downing someone for liking a 13 second car is no way to be..

hell,,, i don't really honestly know how my gsx would do against one,, but i think i'd have a hella chance in taking him, espically on curvy track courses.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
            13's to a lot of people is very fast compared to what they are used too

If a 12 or 13 second car is enough to make you hyperventilate, then you need to get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              If a 12 or 13 second car is enough to make you hyperventilate, then you need to get out more.
              are you being serious? you honestly expect the average accord owner to be familer with driving 12 or 13 second cars?? be realistic. to the average accord owner, the 15 second h22 accord is quick to them, so cut some slack here
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  Most people on here drive 16 second cars at best... You, on the other hand, fly airplanes. Hell, when I first drove my H22 powered CB7, I IMed my friend in England saying "I'm driving a freaking rocket!"... that car hasn't run faster than a 15 second quarter mile yet.

Anyway, an H22 powered CB7 would need significant work to run mid-13s, let alone low 13s. If a CB7 with an H22 beats a GTO, there's something wrong. The GTO driver isn't racing, the GTO is broken, or the GTO driver is REALLY bad... as in, "oops, I missed 2nd and 3rd!"

A boosted CB7, making near 300hp, might have a chance. Or, as 2point6 has shown, and 250whp in a 2600lb CB7, driven very well, would stand a chance as well.

Still, it's all just bench racing. I've beaten cars faster than mine, and I've lost to cars that I should have walked on. Who cares? It's about the drive, not the stats. If you only care about hypothetical numbers, I'll create "Bench Racing: The Trading Card Game" for you. (actually... that's not a bad idea...)

Comment

I got SPANKED by my dad's 66 GTO. It was not funny either. I didn't have a chance.

Granted, his 389ci was bored to an even 400ci (so he doesn't have to run 389 over sized pistons) and also has "slightly more aggressive cams" (he won't ell me the grind) and posi traction (don't know the ratio and he has 3 different ones).

We hit the next stop light and he said " Wanna go again?"
                    Last edited by Father Time; 03-09-2008, 10:31 PM.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Man, I wish my dad had a cool car! When he died, he had a Plymouth Reliant that ran on 3 cylinders, and a 1980 Buick Regal that I bought for him ($400... I forget what it had in it... it was before I knew anything about cars)

Comment

Ditto, Deev. My friends dad is fully restoring a 1970 Challenger with a fresh 440 V8 to go in it.

My dad drives an 88' Chevy pickup...
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            "Bench Racing: The Trading Card Game"

DUDE!!! I'll buy a set!
                            (then sell 'em for double the price in a year when you don't make 'em and someone wants 'em)......(ok not really, I would charish them forEEEEVUUUR)
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                              are you being serious? you honestly expect the average accord owner to be familer with driving 12 or 13 second cars?? be realistic. to the average accord owner, the 15 second h22 accord is quick to them, so cut some slack here
                              The average Accord owner has most likely experienced something other than Accords. And if not, then they need to get out more.

It is hard to call yourself an enthusiast if you have only ever dealt with a CB7.

13 second cars aren't that hard to come by stock. Any number of BMW's, Camaros, Stangs, muscle cars, or hot rods will get you there. If you want to REALLY experience "fast" as it relates to the road, then a ride on a crotch rocket will get you there fast and cheap.

Comment

The GTO would've pwned you. I wouldn't even try. I don't even like dragging. The end result is usually decided with who has the more powerful motor. Add some corners in the mix, then you'll see who the better driver is.
                                Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                                X