Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building an engine... Project to keep me sane! (Advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building an engine... Project to keep me sane! (Advice)

Alright folks, for those who know me, I am infatuated with 1996 Imapalas. I recently decided to start working on a project (hopefully with my son) and build a LT1 350. So when I get my Imapala, I can drop in a pure bread heart (powerplant).

Now this will probably be a daily driver so here's what I am looking for. Good gas mileage, the ability to run the quarter in a four door sedan in about 12 sex or less, good for daily drivinig, I wanna be able to spray and light weight.

I know a good bit of info when it comes to buiding a Chevy 350s, I just, as always want some input (helpful tips,advice,brands,parts,etc.), if you know about muscle.

Oh yea, and for all the smart asses, with negative comments, I still love my fucking CB7. She is my baby for life... and so what that this is a Honda forum.

All in All, thanx, y'all. .
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

you dont really get good gas mileage with impalas in the first place. i say, some high compression pistons, forged rods, holly intake manifold, comp cams, comp springs, comp vavles. some race gas and you'll be set.

i work for A&A, so if you need to ask any questions, i could look it up and give you ball park prices.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

what are your plans to achieve good gas mileage and 12 sec. all subjective.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
        you dont really get good gas mileage with impalas in the first place. i say, some high compression pistons, forged rods, holly intake manifold, comp cams, comp springs, comp vavles. some race gas and you'll be set.

i work for A&A, so if you need to ask any questions, i could look it up and give you ball park prices.
        Thanks. I kinda have an idea of what I wanna do, and I know it's gonna get pricey. Also this may take a lil' while.

Originally posted by starchland
        what are your plans to achieve good gas mileage and 12 sec. all subjective.
        I'm still working on it, but it is very do-able. It's gonna be my daily driver but with some other stuff to enjoy it at the track. Full exhast (headers all the way back) some (a lot) performace mods while maintaing like 18-22 mpg city.
        Last edited by Straight Success; 11-23-2007, 12:14 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I know pretty close to nothing about any domestic engines, so bear with me.

Is the engine fuel injected or carb'd?

I know on a lot of engines, you can do a maf conversion and go fuel injected if you're currently carb'd.

The total cost is going to be a lot more, but it will get you closer to your goal of wanting decent gas mileage.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

It FI, but the guy who I was going to buy the block from never got back to me. I am starting to think, if I can put a LS1 motor in her. We'll see. Gotta do some research.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If you want decent gas mileage and a 12 sec. car in a small block chevy put a blower on it with that high of compression you will probably be lucky to get more than 12-15 mpg with a blower you can keep the compression low enough to get close to 20 mpg the key is to make sure everything is running in unison like it was all meant to work together and get a really good tune. My uncle has a supercharged 454 ss and he is putting down a little over 600 horse adn thats on pump gas.
              I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

Working...
              X