So my 2012 Civic skips.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my 2012 Civic skips.....

Well after 7 long months of arguing with American Honda, I am just about ready to drive my 2012 Civic LX off a cliff. I brought the car in last November for a skipping/hesitation/surging issue. The first time I took it in, they put an update on the computer. They didn't know what the update was about so I was like oh ok and went along my merry way. I brought it back in for a second time and they hooked it up to the computer and found a bad o2 sensor. That never fixed it so I went back again and was told the vehicle operates as designed. Idc who you are, aint no new car supposed to skip to the point where your passengers complain about it. So the district parts and service manager comes out to ride in the car. He admits the car skips, calls Honda, and they tell him it operates as designed. WHY THE HELL DOES MY CAR SKIP is what I want to know! The big wig can't/won't answer my question as to what makes my car skip. I also drove a 2012 LX coupe that did not skip AT ALL but my car still skips and "there is nothing wrong with it." I have called the BBB and have gotten as far as arbitration which is my last hope. I am currently waiting on the decision from the arbitrator. She sent an "independent mechanic" to come out and look at the car and test drive it. He came back from the test drive and he said YES this car skips and I know why!!! Its because the a/c has fluctuating pressures and its causing it to pull on the motor. When he turned the blower completely off, it stopped skipping. Im like wtf this shit started in November....its too damn cold outside to be running a/c and I have been having this issue all winter!! He said TO MY FACE that it was a problem and that Honda would have to find and fix the a/c compressor issue. Well I get the report the inspector typed up and he says there is nothing wrong with the car!!!! So now I am so infuriated with Honda and the BBB right now its not even funny. I have evidence (paperwork from Honda) in the face of the arbitrator that states the car DOES skip but the paperwork from the inspector says it doesn't????? I am also having a really hard time finding a lawyer to file a lawsuit under contingency to get my damn money back for my car because of the wording of the tickets from the dealer. Ive went 3495083475348 rounds with the BBB and Honda over the last 7 months and its been really difficult trying to find at LEAST AN ANSWER as to why my god damn car intends on annoying the crap out of me going down the road. So Friday, I am going to a different dealer and test driving a 2013 Civic and see if that new car will skip. If it doesn't skip, then I don't know what to do next. Does anybody have any advice for me as to what I need to do?

Even when the A/C kicks in , the car will not and never skips. I smell pure A grade bullshit all over. Could it be the transmission? EGR? IACV? TPS?
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 05-08-2013, 10:29 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

You've brought the car back 3 times and it could not fix the issue. You need to consult with your state's lemon law and file a suit.

Moving to the appropriate forum.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        You've brought the car back 3 times and it could not fix the issue. You need to consult with your state's lemon law and file a suit.

Moving to the appropriate forum.
        X2, this isn't right, get a lemon law case filed.

Also, have you called American Honda customer service directly? I feel they would be more helpful in resolving your issue in the hopes of keeping you as a customer.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
        X