No announcement yet.

Uslspct : 2007 Honda Fit Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 31mpg on my 3rd tankful. This is delivering pizzas, so like 80% non-highway driving. I don't think I'll be getting much better than that until I drive to a far place. It's hard not to rev it up since it has little power and it's fun to floor it out of a corner and do lots of shifting.
    I won't be adding any bolt-ons save for a drop in filter or a cold-air intake if I can get one for a decent price. If I ever mod this for power I will go straight to Jackson Racing or Greddy or to a K swap.

I'm just adding suspension mods to make it handle like a go cart. It's amazing how well it handles already. I can't wait until I put in a few things, the most inportant yet most expensive being tires. That might have to wait until next summer as I don't think I'll have the money for that any time soon. Plus I'm still working on my Accord. I haven't decided which I will bring to the big East Coast meet.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I saw you yesterday going down rt.70, and i was like, oh snap he got the Fit.
      Cause i remember you were lookin at the Fits they had at Burns when they first came out.
      Glad you like it, my dad was going to get one, but decided to get an 07 CRV instead.

ooo and the Yellow fogs look sick ..

Comment

Have you had your SRS re-programed by a Dealer, i've been doing alot of those lately......
        93 Accord- SOLD
        94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by ehulst
          Have you had your SRS re-programed by a Dealer, i've been doing alot of those lately......
          LOL Those and the fuel pump relay recalls

Comment

So it looks like I'll be getting around 31mpg. I've played with tire pressure and driving styles without much change. But I'm not gonna shift before 3k every time. Screw that. Maybe I'll get slightly better mileage in a few thousand miles.
            Got some smoked tailights in. Will go in tomorrow. Here's the lighting pictures first:

Last edited by uslspct; 07-28-2010, 12:57 AM.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Smoked taillights in. Got to get some night pics of the LED's next. Also dropped in a K&N filter. Let's see if that does anything.

Last edited by uslspct; 07-28-2010, 01:00 AM.

MY RIDE

Comment

I think I noticed a slight increase in power and mpg with the K&N filter. I really wish I had about 20 more horses. But on this car it would take full air flow mods, a crank pulley, and tuning and for all that I should just turbo it for like $3000.
                It's pretty slow. You rev it and it doesn't go much. 2nd gear is great and 3rd is ok. I drove my accord which is horribly out of tune and even that feels fast compared to this. Oh well, suspension mods are the most fun...

Would does anyone think about painting my stock alloys bronze? Powder coating is expensive and I asked around, and it's hard to get a royal bronze and not a brown looking one. So, the duplicolor bronze wheel paint looks ok. I've seen some wheels here done with that and for $15 it may be worth a shot.
                Cause you know how it goes, you get an intake and then you want a header. You drop it and then you want wheels to make it look good. But I don't have the money this summer for new wheels/tires.

Can anyone photoshop one of my pics to make em look bronze?

MY RIDE

Comment

Comment

wow, delivering pizzas in a Fit? thats cool!

i just saw this, but y does the rear bumper look different? it seems that it has longer overhangs, looks clumsy..

u need the JDM side mirrors with the indicators..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

I don't need JDM anything. I don't live in Japan. Miror indicators look hokey.

MY RIDE

Comment

I love those cars! Nice ride though. I have been thinking about getting one as my daily driver as well. I mean the price is right and if you need more power just do one of the K series swaps.
                        Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Holy shitballs, almost 2 months without an update.

I just installed Mugen visors. They're great. Really well developed.
                          Gonna get tints on Thursday, not the front windows though. Then take some more pictures.

And my progress bar should be here tomorrow. Everyone is raving about this bar. Then I'm probably gone pick up their springs within a month.

I added a blue glove box light with a switch since the Fit didn't come with one. Also added a blue light under the climate control wired the same as the dome, which fades out a few seconds after you close the doors. Now I can see things at night.

MY RIDE

Comment

That car is awesome man. I saw one up close and I really like it. The blacked out tails look really cool. That with a k20z1 or k20a would be so cool. 15's in a reliable fun car.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

how would u compare the stock fit to the stock cb7 in handling and acceleration?
                              my 91 cb7
                              Originally posted by 4doorfury
                              I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

what kind of demonic, possessed machine IS THIIIIISS?!?!!

just kidding

its tight. I like it

reminds me of a lil mouse looking at the front of it..

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                                X