replied
    Lookin sexy bro

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    M20b25? Wtf is that inline 6?

Sweet job on the headlights friend!
    Yup, 2.5L inline 6. Tons o' fun after 4k RPM..

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
    How did you only pay $750 for that thing?
    So lucky
    Just like you said... lucky.

messin' around with photobucket..

Leave a comment:

• AAPOQ
    replied
    How did you only pay $750 for that thing?
    So lucky

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    M20b25? Wtf is that inline 6?

Sweet job on the headlights friend!

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
    really nice with the retrofit
    Thanks. They're nothing special. Just something i got for uber cheap a while back. I have plans for an FX-R retrofit, which is a much more powerful projector. Then i'll use this morimoto kit for the high-beams.

Still a nice wide pattern and a colorful cut-off

Installed an iS lip today..

Suspension coming soon...

Leave a comment:

• KpoweredCB7
    replied
    really nice with the retrofit

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Been a while since i updated this...so here's a picture dump.

On a trip to Bend, OR..

After i swapped out the sealed beams for projector assemblies.

Full Morimoto 35w 4300k HID kit with heavy-duty harness and relays from Theretrofitsource.com. Bulbs still warming up so they look very blue. This was they first time they were fired up, they'll eventually burn into a solid 4.3k.

Leave a comment:

• 408cb7
    replied
    Nice BMW Matt, I've always wanted one of these but in black. I'm sure your gonna make it look great.

Leave a comment:

• mtnbikaah
    replied
    Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
    He drove it from Georgia and had just recently transferred the title over to WA. So i took advantage of our states ''Gift" policy and asked him to gift it over to me. 'No problem' he says. BOOM! NO TAXES due at registration!

So yeah...i got lucky and scored a peach of a bimmer. I am a happy man.
    Peach, because Georgia.

Leave a comment:

• KpoweredCB7
    replied
    I know! I still can't believe it. What's cool, is the guy i bought it from lives in the same town as me and i saw him on his way to work (He walks or rides a bike...part of why he was selling the E30) and he flagged me down to tell me it was looking good after i cleaned it up and that he was happy that someone is driving it and enjoying it. Super cool guy. He had posted the ad for $1500 when i found it. A day later i saw it had been price dropped to $1200 and the ad now said "NEED TO SELL". So i went for it. Met up in the AM and had it in my name by Noon. He drove it from Georgia and had just recently transferred the title over to WA. So i took advantage of our states ''Gift" policy and asked him to gift it over to me. 'No problem' he says. BOOM! NO TAXES due at registration!

Really cool story, that's a score however you look at it.

Leave a comment:

• AAPOQ
    replied
    Dude that's fukin sweet!

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    For that price you can live with the auto if the rest of the car is as clean as the photos show.

That's a sweet buy.
    Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post
    Nice nice nice! For the price and the condition the car seems to be... i would of bought it too :P
    Shitty cell pics are OK but don't tell the whole story. She was sitting for a while under some trees. So there was some algae and debris to clean up. Still haven't got it all yet but i intend to detail it at the shop when i get a chance. Interior is great. The dash-boards in the older bimmers are notorious for cracking to bits, but this one is 99% crack free. Has one minor line in a corner. Driver's seat has a rip, passenger and rear seats are nearly mint.

Battery was dead to start out with but after a jump and letting it run for a bit she was good to go. Still running the same battery, so the charging system is doing OK. Checked all the fluids with nothing major to report. Oil was recently changed before being "stored" under a tree. ATF needed about a 1/4 qt..so not too bad. Smelled a little burnt but not nearly as bad as i've smelled before. Still taking it easy on her till i figure everything out..

Worst part.. Right rear quarter panel has some damage/repair, also missing a body side molding. Really not too bad and easily fixed. Just a slight eyesore at the moment. I'll get pics up soon. Taken with a better camera.

Best part.. Fully loaded sound system! It's got a real nice Alpine deck with ipod jack and component speakers in the front with A-pillar tweeter pods and Bose Hi-Fi (OEM?) 6x9s in the rear. I haven't had a stereo in my CB since it got stolen a few months back. So going from nothing to this is kickass in words i can't describe. I need music. I've been using an ipod with earbuds but i hate it. All this needs now is a little amp/sub combo and it'll be tits.

I love this car. It is so nice in every way.

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
    Congrats on the pick up Matt. Bit of a bummer that it is an auto but you really can't beat the price. I know quite a few people with E30's and they are awesome cars. One of my best buddies has an S52 swapped E30. I've driven it and it makes the CB feel like a toy lol.
    Thanks dude. The auto is a draw-back in some ways but im starting to dig it. Right now i just need a comfy cruiser while i work on the CB. So ima rock the autotragic slushbox till i source a Getrag 260 (or 265), manual trans shift linkage and driveline and a low range diff. I already have the shifter ass'y and the pedals. Should be a fun project down the line.

My CB will still out corner this bimmer no problem. But the 325 is on original suspension. Although it could easily keep up, even with the 22yr old springs and struts. A testament to the excellent handling characteristics of the BMW. Once i begin to modify it, im sure it will surpass the Accord in almost every way...

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
    What a sweetie, and for 750 bones it's a steal!
    I know! I still can't believe it. What's cool, is the guy i bought it from lives in the same town as me and i saw him on his way to work (He walks or rides a bike...part of why he was selling the E30) and he flagged me down to tell me it was looking good after i cleaned it up and that he was happy that someone is driving it and enjoying it. Super cool guy. He had posted the ad for $1500 when i found it. A day later i saw it had been price dropped to $1200 and the ad now said "NEED TO SELL". So i went for it. Met up in the AM and had it in my name by Noon. He drove it from Georgia and had just recently transferred the title over to WA. So i took advantage of our states ''Gift" policy and asked him to gift it over to me. 'No problem' he says. BOOM! NO TAXES due at registration!

Leave a comment:

• KpoweredCB7
    replied
    What a sweetie, and for 750 bones it's a steal!

Leave a comment:

• RUGER 2.2L
    replied
    Congrats on the pick up Matt. Bit of a bummer that it is an auto but you really can't beat the price. I know quite a few people with E30's and they are awesome cars. One of my best buddies has an S52 swapped E30. I've driven it and it makes the CB feel like a toy lol.

Leave a comment:

• kosheen1
    replied
    Nice nice nice! For the price and the condition the car seems to be... i would of bought it too :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X