No announcement yet.

MNdude07 : 1990 Honda Prelude SI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not gonna lie, she was a little rough, lol. Knowing you though, this thing will be beast in the future.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
      Im not gonna lie, she was a little rough, lol. Knowing you though, this thing will be beast in the future.
      She's super rough, and I like it that way.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

3gp FTMFW !!!

Last edited by xkjnboix; 06-01-2012, 09:30 PM.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

The car is now lowered on Function & Form Type II's!

I know, I know. I'm the first one to always bash these Taiwanese coilovers. Well I wanted the car lower, and they were cheap so I did it. Any good set-up is going to have to be custom, and will cost much more. So, eventually I will do my custom Koni's. So in the end I will have two sets of suspension. This is the DD set.

I'm currently working on a few little things.

1) Exhaust. I have the F22a Megan Racing header ghetto-rigged to the stock exhaust. I'm thinking about ordering a new flange and a long resonator and having the exhaust just dump mid car with only a test pipe and a resonator. It honestly might be quieter than the currenly blown-out stock resonator and muffler.

2) Patching up the holes where the spoiler was. Trying to blend duplicolor 2-stage into the factory single stage. Challenge accepted. Will it look better than before? Yes. Will it look good? Probably not.

3) Working on powdercoating the rear knuckles, and new bearings, extended studs, etc like I did with the front. The rear spindle nut is giving me trouble.

4) Can't decide what the car would benefit from more. I have 2 options:

a. going from the stock heavy battery in the trunk to a 12lb Braille B14115 mounted back up front. This should help handling some and reduce weight.

b. ESP front upper strut bar. Logic says the 3 point bar would be best, but it would also be a pain in the ass to have to take the cowl off to get the 3rd point free everytime I have to do engine work, so if I did this I would get the 2 point bar. Color? Either wrinkle black to match the mounts and traction bar and calipers, or white...to match the future color of the car.

Thoughts?

Comment

I am disappoint.

Why not go with both the battery and the bar?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              I am disappoint.

Why not go with both the battery and the bar?
              What part are you disappointed about, Mike?

The answer to the battery and bar is that I have to go back to school for my last semester in August, and I still have to buy a $300 plane ticket to see my gf, so right now its one or the other. If people buy my two exhausts, old camera lens, and other parts, then yeah, I could do both.

The front strut tower bar made a surprising bit of difference on the CB7, but I've always wanted a race battery too.

Another option I suppose could be a rear sway bar, but Whiteline is the only company that makes them, and they are a paltry 19mm. :
              So, I was going to make my own sway bar eventually instead. That way I can get the perfect rate I need anyways.

Comment

3 months and no uaround.
                Are you still around?
                1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

one vote for battery in the back

eventually a battery WILL fail, i rather replace with a stock one

also, when you corner balance this car, you can gain from the batt in the back being that you have a lot of space where you can mount it to, either left or right to the trunk, unlike the front

also with it in the back you can build a kick ass intake
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

You stuck a f22a with h series plenum in a b21? Look at that super tight ass fit. Dam.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I'm still here guys! Just nothing happening with the car. I drive it everyday, but no new mods or anything. I graduate in December and I have a job already secured, so when January comes around there will be some large changes... and they will start with a cleaner chassis. I'm considering doing a different engine than the f22a also... we'll see. This is a fantastic chassis though and has the potential to get very, very light.

And yeah, the engine was a tight fit. Longitudinally there is more space than the f22a has in the cb7, but laterally it was a pain in the ass to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        they will start with a cleaner chassis. I'm considering doing a different engine than the f22a also... we'll see. This is a fantastic chassis though and has the potential to get very, very light.
                        Orly? I'm listening....

Comment

I kno that think has to be torqy..
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

So eventually you gave into the taiwanese coil-overs
                            Times are rough man and maybe what you really want might take more time than what you actually have
                            I've had my f&f for 4 years, and still going, they've paid for themselves
                            Now if only I could say the same about my wife's 2 year old skunk2 shocks
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                              So eventually you gave into the taiwanese coil-overs
                              Times are rough man and maybe what you really want might take more time than what you actually have
                              I've had my f&f for 4 years, and still going, they've paid for themselves
                              Now if only I could say the same about my wife's 2 year old skunk2 shocks
                              They are a temporary compromise. The car will get Koni or Bilstein shocks one day. They are not as nice as the Neuspeed spring & koni yellow combo I had on the cb7.

An yes, it has a little torque. It's a really fun car for driving around town. Good low end power, excellent response. Top speed is horrible though thanks to the H23 gearbox, civic size wheels & tires, and the f22a's redline. The car is currently gear limited to just barely over 130.

Comment

So wheres the pics of this thing together, washed and in some sunlight?

Me and the fiance did more talk on our project. She really wants it to stay auto, and i cant decide h23a or f20b, lol. Im leaning more towards the h23a if its going to be auto.
                                1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                                1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                                Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Working...
                                X