MNdude07 : 1990 Honda Prelude SI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
    How's it going bro? Any more work done on the car? Or currently still planning and collecting parts? When are you expecting the car to be back on the road, anywho?

I'm on the last stretch with my project, should be good to go by next week..I can't wait man, and I also can't wait to see more updates on this Project Red of yours!!

Ronald
    It'll still be a bit. I'm in the middle of finals week, and then I'm off next week before I start working. The plan is to buy the mounts and traction bar after my first paycheck, then get all the other necessary preparations done while I'm waiting for them to be delivered. I have to wire that 31 pin Deutsch connector up as well, so that will be very time consuming, but worth it.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Disassembled the blower motor assembly and cleaned it up, sprayed the metal parts with rustoleum to prevent rust, greased the vent/recirc. arm linkage, and replaced the gross foam seals on it.

More note-worthy progress tomorrow

Comment

be a boss and get a rear wiper

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          be a boss and get a rear wiper

LOL I guess I'm not a boss. I can think of 100 things for this car my money would be better spent on.

In other news, I'm been making some progress, but not sure its photo worthy. Auto shifter removed, doing some wiring work currently, etc.

Comment

I've been doing a ton of wiring lately!

...and wires don't make very good pictures. Here's a sneak peek at my DIY engine harness though. Fully heatshrinked, then braided sleeving on top, and heat shrinked ends of the sleeving.

Comment

Nice wiring harness, its good to see people who know what they're doing when wiring. Im tired of seeing wires twisted together poorly and looesly ran.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                Nice wiring harness, its good to see people who know what they're doing when wiring. Im tired of seeing wires twisted together poorly and looesly ran.
                Thanks man! I'm no wiring expert, but I think I'm decent. I have a few very knowledgeable friends (electrical engineers) that have taught me alot with everything from soldering to making a MoTeC wire harness.

Its definitely been a learning experience though...you should see the mess of wires I have on the car running from the ecu to the fusebox and lights. It looks like a bird nest from hell. I'll get it taken care of though!

Comment

Very cool project. I had no idea CB axles are supposed to be a direct fit with an F/H swap into your chassis. Good luck, can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                    Very cool project. I had no idea CB axles are supposed to be a direct fit with an F/H swap into your chassis. Good luck, can't wait to see it finished!
                    Thanks! I can't wait to get it running either. When I found that out about the axles I thought to myself that it must be meant to be.

Comment

3 weeks til CoMo. 8 weeks til IA.

Do Work.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        3 weeks til CoMo. 8 weeks til IA.

Do Work.
                        She won't be ready for CoMo unfortunately. I start my new job tomorrow, and I can't even order my mounts until I get my first paycheck.

IA is a possibility, though the car won't even look nice. We'll see. I'll make sure you get to see it this summer though Mike. I need my wheel back anyways.

Comment

Shizz dude, I don't know how I missed this build for so long.

Excellent work. I feel like we've struggled through a lot of similar stuff (Legend calipers, additional wiring, ESP mounts, etc.). But you're definitely out pacing me with the shock dynoing; I've read magazine articles about it, but I would be lying if I said I fully understood it. Kind of embarrassing, since I've definitely had physics labs regarding it.

Question, 2.5" exhaust with those horsepower goals? There are lot of dyno charts out there, but I'll link one that I just google'd. Regardless, this is a VERY sharp project. Keep logging your progress like this! Even if people don't respond now, latecomers like me sure will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            I need my wheel back anyways.
                            Damn, I was hoping you'da forgotten about that, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                              Shizz dude, I don't know how I missed this build for so long.

Excellent work. I feel like we've struggled through a lot of similar stuff (Legend calipers, additional wiring, ESP mounts, etc.). But you're definitely out pacing me with the shock dynoing; I've read magazine articles about it, but I would be lying if I said I fully understood it. Kind of embarrassing, since I've definitely had physics labs regarding it.

Question, 2.5" exhaust with those horsepower goals? There are lot of dyno charts out there, but I'll link one that I just google'd. Regardless, this is a VERY sharp project. Keep logging your progress like this! Even if people don't respond now, latecomers like me sure will love it.
                              Thanks man! As an engineering student, I'm constantly reading, trying to learn more about cars. I participate in a racing team as well, so I pick up alot from that.

The 3" exhaust would for sure be more ideal, but will hurt my low end with my motor in its current, stock internal state. The master plan is to just have a nice 2.5" exhaust that isn't too loud, and then just put in a e-dump when I'm making more power. I might wind up replacing it with 3" later on though, we'll see. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Thanks man! As an engineering student, I'm constantly reading, trying to learn more about cars. I participate in a racing team as well, so I pick up alot from that.
                                Right on. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else on this forum, I believe I've seen pictures of your race vehicle

The 3" exhaust would for sure be more ideal, but will hurt my low end with my motor in its current, stock internal state. The master plan is to just have a nice 2.5" exhaust that isn't too loud, and then just put in a e-dump when I'm making more power. I might wind up replacing it with 3" later on though, we'll see. Thanks for the kind words.
                                Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                                X