• Show
Clear All

visualpoet: 1990 Audi 100 (non-quattro)

Drivetrain:
    2.3 liter inline 5 cylinder
    138,425 miles
    Automatic transmission

Interior:
    Cold weather package (heated seats, locks, mirrors)
    Cloth interior

Exterior:
    Sunroof (sliding)
    Factory premium wheels

Future Plans:
    No performance mods planned, although I might open the airbox. I am considering tint, a drop and maybe some bigger wheels in the same style with a lower profile tire.

Obviously needs a good cleaning under the hood:

Actually, I got it for the Muse, but we know how that works...

Best part? $500
    Last edited by visualpoet; 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM.

cool! i like older audi's....
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Congrats.

That's some low mileage too !!

Defiantly get on that engine bay, it's not doing any justice to the rest of the car!

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

turbo it lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I had one of these as a winter beater for a bit last year.....quattro and a 5 speed though.

It drove amazing, considering its age and mileage (around the same as yours)....seats were comfy as hell....definitely good for cruising....and for the first time ever it was not scary driving in the snow.....only problem I had was it was slow as balls....Im sure the quattro didnt help but its a heavy car with not so much power....but really it wasnt a problem at all cuz who needs a fast winter beater.

Pretty good cars to get cheap too.....Mine was only 600....though there was some front end damage.

Good luck with the aftermarket though....From my searches (limited to say the least) theres not much to be had.....not sure what can be used from other models though.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Looks like a Ford Tempo. lol

But, not bad for $500.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

:45 - 2:30

That one's an 85 5000 though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Updates ? I just watch that whole video ^

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

very nice. body looks to be in good condition.
                  "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                    Updates ? I just watch that whole video ^
                    Me too.

I wanna see a clean bay.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

The 100 replaced the 5000 after the 'unintentional accelaration' problems Audi had. They thought a name change would be beneficial for the model. lol

Updates?

I've changed the oil, kept it running, fixed a HUGE vacuum leak and some other little crap, and cussed at it's fine German engineering.

A lot.

It's developed a strange triple bump shimmy over 50 mph (sounds and feels like bu-du-bump, bu-du-bump but fast). It's like nothing I've ever felt a car do. Since we take my car most of the time and she only uses hers for short trips, it's no big deal. The wife had a flat and let it sit for a few days, then pumped a couple cans of fix a flat into it. I'm thinking there's a connection; it didn't do it before that.

She only drives it once every few days at best, which isn't Audi friendly, apparently. It seems like I'm always going out to troubleshoot and it's always something stupid. The last time it sat for over a week, it started up but was spitting and sputtering, I started to check the distributor cap for cracks (it's been very moist in Ohio lately), and ended up cleaning corrosion off the ends of the plug wires instead. Ran great after that. It really needs to be driven more frequently and farther than a mile or so at a time. (She's a leasing agent for our apartment complex, and we live so close to her office that she parks in front of the office instead of out in front of our place.)

We're going to sell it and put her back into a minivan. She's talking about quitting the job she has and hates so she can start babysitting for her sister and a couple friends. It's a good car but neither one of us really enjoy it, and she can only strap three car seats into the back at best. I thought I'd be more into it after I cleaned it up and got it back to running shape from sitting for six months, but no, it's just .

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        The 100 replaced the 5000 after the 'unintentional accelaration' problems Audi had. They thought a name change would be beneficial for the model. lol

Updates?

I've changed the oil, kept it running, fixed a HUGE vacuum leak and some other little crap, and cussed at it's fine German engineering.

A lot.

It's developed a strange triple bump shimmy over 50 mph (sounds and feels like bu-du-bump, bu-du-bump but fast). It's like nothing I've ever felt a car do. Since we take my car most of the time and she only uses hers for short trips, it's no big deal. The wife had a flat and let it sit for a few days, then pumped a couple cans of fix a flat into it. I'm thinking there's a connection; it didn't do it before that.

She only drives it once every few days at best, which isn't Audi friendly, apparently. It seems like I'm always going out to troubleshoot and it's always something stupid. The last time it sat for over a week, it started up but was spitting and sputtering, I started to check the distributor cap for cracks (it's been very moist in Ohio lately), and ended up cleaning corrosion off the ends of the plug wires instead. Ran great after that. It really needs to be driven more frequently and farther than a mile or so at a time. (She's a leasing agent for our apartment complex, and we live so close to her office that she parks in front of the office instead of out in front of our place.)

We're going to sell it and put her back into a minivan. She's talking about quitting the job she has and hates so she can start babysitting for her sister and a couple friends. It's a good car but neither one of us really enjoy it, and she can only strap three car seats into the back at best. I thought I'd be more into it after I cleaned it up and got it back to running shape from sitting for six months, but no, it's just .
                        Yeah I hear you. If there's no romance left in the relationship, just let her go.
                        By the way, fix-a-flat is the devil.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Working...
                        X